Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Images from "Snyder Cut" deleted scenes (shots shared by Snyder on social media). The link has captions.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/12/j...snyder-photos/

Oh hey Iris and nerd Barry...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Also more on the syder cut. No shock it was a depressing dark movie with a drunk aquaman, evil superman, depressed cyborg, wonder woman, and batman, and mentally challenged flash.

In other words bvs 2.

Holy moley; thats even more dreadful then I had imagined and I was considering giving Snyder the benefit of doubt after his "will never be as dark again" promise after BvS! Thank you Joss and give me an extended Whedon Cut anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    There would certainly be a great deal of dramatic irony involved if Bay were to direct a Lobo film.

I'm not sure how many people, both involved in the making of the film and it's potential audience, would actually realise such a thing though.
    I certainly did not. It looked like a perfect match; actually still unsure why it might not work out. I always imagined Bay being just in for the fun of it; would not though he might be offended by doing something that cranks it up to 11 as a form of parody.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 03-12-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Also more on the syder cut. No shock it was a depressing dark movie with a drunk aquaman, evil superman, depressed cyborg, wonder woman, and batman, and mentally challenged flash.

In other words bvs 2.

Comics Aquaman as comic relief? What comics has this guy read?

Also, that doesn't sound like an evil Superman at all.

In other words bvs 2.

I can see why the Zack Snyder fan club is so eager to see this version of the movie. It's the thing they eat up and what everyone else hated about Batman v Superman. Guess Snyder never learned.
    At least Warner Bros. had the good sense to finally put their foot down and say enough it enough. Lord only knows what the critics would have done to that version.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I can see why the Zack Snyder fan club is so eager to see this version of the movie. It's the thing they eat up and what everyone else hated about Batman v Superman. Guess Snyder never learned.
    I mean, his fans keep encouraging him, so how's he to know he's doing something wrong? I know a dude who said he didn't find Superman interesting before Man of Steel. Said bro is not even a jerk, he's a pretty swell guy all around. So it's just subjective tastes. It's not really different from Miller's TDKR-verse interpretations of these characters. It's just that WE don't want that.

In other words bvs 2.

Holy crap if this is legit it sounds as if the movie would have been far worse than what we got. If I had watched that Wonder Woman scene in the theater I would have considered walking out.
    I’m really happy they cut out Cyborg going full on Ben Grimm. I’ve heard that in the Snyder cut, Victor gets disfigured in a car accident while driving with his parents. An accident that he is partially responsible for that ends up killing his mom. Jeezus and you thought Cyborg’s story was a downer before.
    The Flash with a developmental disorder. Wtf?!?

The only thing I’m still upset about is the fact that they cut out Darkseid. Steppenwolf was pretty lame and was obviously intended to be the sample before the main event. Instead he was made to be the only threat.

Considering that Whedon reshoot made the film a terrible mess, I would take the Snyder cut, no matter how dark it may be over what we got. At least it wouldn't be tone deaf half of the time, and would actually look grandiose and epic. I also find it laughable that people would find depressing to see someone who is essentially an apatride struggling with his situation and coping with it by drinking to forget (Aquaman) pretty much what's wrong with super-hero movie audiences : they want stupid things, without deep message, just jokes, explosions and one-liners. And that's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Considering that Whedon reshoot made the film a terrible mess, I would take the Snyder cut, no matter how dark it may be over what we got. At least it wouldn't be tone deaf half of the time, and would actually look grandiose and epic. I also find it laughable that people would find depressing to see someone who is essentially an apatride struggling with his situation and coping with it by drinking to forget (Aquaman) pretty much what's wrong with super-hero movie audiences : they want stupid things, without deep message, just jokes, explosions and one-liners. And that's terrible.
    Not a big fan of the DARKNESS! but I partially agree with this. It seems like we ended up with the worst of both worlds. Maybe it would have been better if they had just committed to Snyder's take.

Now before someone says BvS was received worse than JL, I'd like to point out that execs interfered in BvS too, though not to the extent of JL. I also think some things like Barry with a developmental disorder would have been embraced by underrepresented groups, which would have garnered the character some positive attention.

BANNED

Um Zack Snyder is seen as a pretentious director who makes films for teenagers while pretending that they're complex. This is the reputation the man enjoys in Hollywood.

Critics, academy etc all hate his work even though they love dark complex films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Considering that Whedon reshoot made the film a terrible mess, I would take the Snyder cut...
    A different kind of terrible mess. It not being a terrible mess was just not in the cards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A different kind of terrible mess. It not being a terrible mess was just not in the cards.
    Indeed and I think not releasing the Snyder cut is a strategic move. It may have been equally terrible as Whedon but the Whedon version reinforces WB and DCEU moving on from Snyder and his vision fot the DCEU. That's why WB took the bullet.Imagine boring drunk Aquaman getting released, the blowback would have been felt by his solo film. They're hoping that they've stopped the cancer from spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Indeed and I think not releasing the Snyder cut is a strategic move. It may have been equally terrible as Whedon but the Whedon version reinforces WB and DCEU moving on from Snyder and his vision fot the DCEU. That's why WB took the bullet.Imagine boring drunk Aquaman getting released, the blowback would have been felt by his solo film. They're hoping that they've stopped the cancer from spreading.
    If the Whedon part of the movie is what the DCEU will be, I fail to see why I should go and pay to watch their movies. To have reskined versions of the MCU ? Then, better to simply go and cherry pick the movies I want to see from Marvel, which I already do. I really, really, disliked the Whedon parts of the movie, they were full of stupid things and generally lacked the epicness and gravitas that Snyder managed to inject in MoS and BvS. While Aquaman was all "booyah" in the movie, it failed to entice me to go and watch his movie, I'll just go there because I read his comics and love them. And Flash was terrible in the movie, without any redeeming moment, since Whedon purposely added one (the Russian familiy) to completely undermine Barry saving them with Superman's most ridiculous scene (carrying a building as if it was some sort of doll house).

BANNED

Well, I do not believe there is such a thing as a finished, ready-to-go, all effects completely done, Snyder cut. And if I were WB I would not spend even more money to release another version that people almost certainly won't like either.

BANNED

Um Zack Snyder is seen as a pretentious director who makes films for teenagers while pretending that they're complex. This is the reputation the man enjoys in Hollywood.

Critics, academy etc all hate his work even though they love dark complex films.
    Is it really hard to believe that there are people who like his work and are not in denial or delusional? I don’t see why Zack should be punished for not appealing to the lowest common denominator who expects humor every 5 minutes in superhero films or believing that audiences shouldn’t need evething spoon fed to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Is it really hard to believe that there are people who like his work and are not in denial or delusional? I don’t see why Zack should be punished for not appealing to the lowest common denominator who expects humor every 5 minutes in superhero films or believing that audiences shouldn’t need evething spoon fed to them.
    My favorite CBMs are TDKT, Logan, X-Men 1 & 2, Spider-Man 1 & 2, X-Men First Class & X-Men Days of the Future
    Past, Superman 1 & 2. Then MCU films like Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1 and Civil War. Thats how I round up my top 15.

Snyder films are not even in the same ball park as the other non MCU films on my list.
    They are on par with Joel Schumacher Batman films. Except those were campy while these are edgy.

If Snyder's films are so complex and brilliant then why do critics hate them? Those guys love artsy films. Truth is that Snyder is Bay without the self awareness.