BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    If the Whedon part of the movie is what the DCEU will be, I fail to see why I should go and pay to watch their movies. To have reskined versions of the MCU ? Then, better to simply go and cherry pick the movies I want to see from Marvel, which I already do. I really, really, disliked the Whedon parts of the movie, they were full of stupid things and generally lacked the epicness and gravitas that Snyder managed to inject in MoS and BvS. While Aquaman was all "booyah" in the movie, it failed to entice me to go and watch his movie, I'll just go there because I read his comics and love them. And Flash was terrible in the movie, without any redeeming moment, since Whedon purposely added one (the Russian familiy) to completely undermine Barry saving them with Superman's most ridiculous scene (carrying a building as if it was some sort of doll house).
    Well ofcourse if you dont want to watch them then thats your choice. But its clear that Wonder Woman is their guiding light.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Well ofcourse if you dont want to watch them then thats your choice. But its clear that Wonder Woman is their guiding light.
    And Wonder Woman is as far as possible from Whedon and the MCU style as possible. There wasn't many jokes to kill the tension, and the was a very serious undertone (if some things which were sometimes strange, like calling the main German enemy Luddendorff, since he is a relatively well known name here in Europe and it left me dubitative of where the movie was going at first).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

If Snyder's films are so complex and brilliant then why do critics hate them? Those guys love artsy films.
    For non-CBM's, yes. For superhero films? Not as much, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

If Snyder's films are so complex and brilliant then why do critics hate them? Those guys love artsy films. Truth is that Snyder is Bay without the self awareness.
    All I said that his films are different than the norm. I never said Snyder films were brilliant or complex so don’t put words in my mouth.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 03-13-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Some of them actually sound neat. An alcoholic Aquaman sounds good. Cyborg's story sounds interesting. Not a fan of Superman's story. But it makes sense within the context of the story. Might have even turned out good. Superman resisting temptations and winning sounds quite interesting then the final product. Barry Allen with mental difficulties seems too dark and disturbing. I don't like it. It would have depended on execution. Might have been good. Might be the worst thing for a superhero film. I don't know. I don't find Diana failing to save the people as bad. It parallels Superman in BvS. Its dark. But not bad to me. Batman's suicidal turn makes sense. He was almost half mad in BvS anyway. Provided they are true. How would i know that it isn't some guy who have half-cooked a story for click bait. People will believe him as Zack Snyder goes dark. I don't know if its true.

Overall, some are good ideas. Some i am unsure of. It would at least be an interesting film. I would pay to watch that. Personally, i am happy with the film we got. I had a great time in the theater. All the people whom i have talked to personally said that it was an enjoyable film. Not on the level of MCU films, but still good.

I can totally see the reason of WB's cold feet. BvS had shown if you do 'serious' and don't do it good enough it backfires. I think WB did the right thing. It would have been much better had they changed directors immediately after BvS's reception. Or delayed the release of Justice League. It would have been a better film then.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-13-2018 at 05:31 AM.

One reason I can see the decision to show Diana as "human" and failing to save people as bad is not because it is an inherently bad idea, but due to the fact that it is too soon in Wonder Woman's existence in cinematic films and on the public radar for most people (especially younger demos not as familiar with the 70's show and international audiences who were not familiar with the character before the DCEU) to deconstruct her like that.

At least Superman and Batman were established as almighty heroes on the big screen decades ago, so audiences would understand that portraying them as "fallible" and not as invincible is a different take, but in Wonder Woman's case, people who are just beginning to get to know her will think that the character is generally not THAT efficient if she fails this early.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Also more on the syder cut. No shock it was a depressing dark movie with a drunk aquaman, evil superman, depressed cyborg, wonder woman, and batman, and mentally challenged flash.

In other words bvs 2.

Haven't gotten a chance to watch the video, but, from what people have said, I'd be interested in seeing it. I can't say it'd be better or worse than the version we got, but it sounds like it would've been a whole different animal. I guess that 20% Whedon reshot was basically all the important stuff, leaving Snyder the filler material.

Whether it's a Snyder cut or an extended Whedon cut, I want there to be some expanded form of the film. I loved it as-is, warts and all, but I really just want more, especially considering we likely won't get a JL2 for a long, long while.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Haven't gotten a chance to watch the video, but, from what people have said, I'd be interested in seeing it. I can't say it'd be better or worse than the version we got, but it sounds like it would've been a whole different animal. I guess that 20% Whedon reshot was basically all the important stuff, leaving Snyder the filler material.

Whether it's a Snyder cut or an extended Whedon cut, I want there to be some expanded form of the film. I loved it as-is, warts and all, but I really just want more, especially considering we likely won't get a JL2 for a long, long while.
    In bold exactly sums up how I feel.
    I loved the movie because of the characters: it was JUSTICE LEAGUE!
    I didn't love the movie because of how hacked it was and it's clear the original vision was messed with. I saw yet another rumor not long ago that at least 30% of the movie was either re-written or re-shot to get Joss screenplay credits. 30% is actually pretty significant. I definitely want Snyder's cut way more than extended Joss version, but at this point, i want more screen time for the League, period.

Having said that, I've been torn: I don't want to buy JL out of principle, but I'll probably end up buying the darn movie anyway.

Also, I want to see Zack's rumored versions. It tells a story of these heroes having human moments, not being able to save everyone all of the time and battling their own demons. Then, when Superman returns, the rebirth, the Sun shines and they all bring out the best out of each other. You can see these layers were once present in the original movie, but were stripped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    And Wonder Woman is as far as possible from Whedon and the MCU style as possible. There wasn't many jokes to kill the tension, and the was a very serious undertone (if some things which were sometimes strange, like calling the main German enemy Luddendorff, since he is a relatively well known name here in Europe and it left me dubitative of where the movie was going at first).
    Well then that's a good thing right? The message simply was to show that the Snyder days are over. Whedon himself has no project or influence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    For non-CBM's, yes. For superhero films? Not as much, IMO.
    Those same critics loved Logan, TDKT and a bunch of X-Men films. This is just not true at all. They practically drool for meaningful cbms.

The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises were loved by the critics. In fact that might have been a negative for WB, because they got it in their heads that all the DC characters should be Batman
    and encouraged Snyder to go down that path with Superman. And then had an even more messed up in the head Batman. And if the video is legit, apparently Cyborg, Aquaman, and Flash too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    All I said that his films are different than the norm.
    That is not the same as good or well made or complex or watchable.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Those same critics loved Logan, TDKT and a bunch of X-Men films. This is just not true at all. They practically drool for meaningful cbms.
    Please reread my comment again. I said, not as much, not in every case.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Some good news for a change regarding JL: apparently the (German) Amazon 3d Steelbook Special is sold out and has been for a week or so. At least thats what I make out of it cannot be pre-ordered anymore.

Umberto Gonzalez (@elmayimbe), who apparently writes for some comic book film news site called "Heroic Hollywood," posted a pic of Hawkman on his Twitter feed, fueling a rumor that Hawkman and Hawkgirl are getting their own flick.

I'm not usually one for highly unconfirmed rumors of this nature, but I like this one, so I'm inclined to believe it.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17