Page 1780 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 780128016801730177017761777177817791780178117821783178417901830 ... LastLast
Results 26,686 to 26,700 of 28116
    Ultimate Member

I'd be fine with it as long as it's good. And there's quite a few possible character, Harley included, that COULD fit in a more R-rated story.

Also Harley/Ivy love scene, just saying.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'd be fine with it as long as it's good. And there's quite a few possible character, Harley included, that COULD fit in a more R-rated story.
    With Harley, they'd have to make a final decision about what kind of character they want her to be. Is she supposed to be a kooky cartoon character come to life? Then she doesn't need R-rated stories. Is she truly supposed to be DC's answer to Deadpool? Then okay. The R-rating did wonders for him after all.

This possibility is almost enough to win me over to the idea, however.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

A BoP movie needs to be PG-13. A Harley solo flick could be rated R.

Ultimate Member

Margot doesn't believe that Harley works as a solo act. She feels like Harley works best playing off of others, and I personally agree with her. And she can be more anti-hero-ish and still have screwed up stories. Heck even the animated show that they're apparently making is supposedly going to be "R-rated."

As for the other characters, well Ivy, Huntress, and Katana can also easily fit into R-rated stories, and perhaps also Catwoman and/or Black Canary. Batgirl is the odd fit, but even she's had darker stories before (Gail Simone's entire New 52 run felt borderline "R-rated" imo).

This just makes me think of them throwing in some nude scenes featuring the Sirens...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    With Harley, they'd have to make a final decision about what kind of character they want her to be. Is she supposed to be a kooky cartoon character come to life? Then she doesn't need R-rated stories. Is she truly supposed to be DC's answer to Deadpool? Then okay. The R-rating did wonders for him after all.
    Her being DC's answer to Deadpool shouldn't stop her from being a kooky cartoon character come to life .
    Margot doesn't believe that Harley works as a solo act. She feels like Harley works best playing off of others, and I personally agree with her. And she can be more anti-hero-ish and still have screwed up stories. Heck even the animated show that they're apparently making is supposedly going to be "R-rated."
    The animated series also still has her as a Supervillain.
    As for the other characters, well Ivy, Huntress, and Katana can also easily fit into R-rated stories, and perhaps also Catwoman and/or Black Canary. Batgirl is the odd fit, but even she's had darker stories before (Gail Simone's entire New 52 run felt borderline "R-rated" imo).
    Given the reception to Batgirl's portrayal under Simone's run and the R-rated Killing Joke animated movie, I don't think anyone is in a rush to see an R-rated Batgirl.

But with the DCEU in the state that it is, I'm not sure if they should make their female-hero movie R-rated. But that's just me.

Ultimate Member

I'm not saying that it NEEDS to happen. Just that I'm not fundamentally opposed to the idea either. It's all in the execution for me.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

As usual, take everything that Umberto Gonzalez posts with a grain of salt, but his latest tweet seems to tease that the Flash film being a Flashpoint adaptation is dead.
    https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/994312109814046720

(note: this Tweet contains an image that is one of those out of context Infinity War spoiler memes that've made their way round the internet - just a warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    As usual, take everything that Umberto Gonzalez posts with a grain of salt, but his latest tweet seems to tease that the Flash film being a Flashpoint adaptation is dead.

(note: this Tweet contains an image that is one of those out of context Infinity War spoiler memes that've made their way round the internet - just a warning)
    If so...good.

Very happy about this.

Let's get audiences comfy with The Flash before we start chucking AUs at them.

What animated show?

In regards to a possibly R-rated girl gang movie, I just want them to focus on making the film they want, and making it as good as it can be. If that means rated R, so be it. The last thing they should be concerned about is whether it limits the audience or not, imo. They need critical reception on their side, so just make a good movie & don't worry about the rating (Deadpool made more money than Justice League, and it was R. Audiences thought it was good, so they kept coming).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What animated show?
    DC's upcoming streaming service has announced several original shows for it. 'Titans', 'Swamp Thing', 'Metropolis' (is this one still alive?), and a Harley Quinn animated series shooting for a rated R tone.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    In regards to a possibly R-rated girl gang movie, I just want them to focus on making the film they want, and making it as good as it can be. If that means rated R, so be it. The last thing they should be concerned about is whether it limits the audience or not, imo. They need critical reception on their side, so just make a good movie & don't worry about the rating (Deadpool made more money than Justice League, and it was R. Audiences thought it was good, so they kept coming).

DC's upcoming streaming service has announced several original shows for it. 'Titans', 'Swamp Thing', 'Metropolis' (is this one still alive?), and a Harley Quinn animated series shooting for a rated R tone.
    Metropolis is getting reworked apparently. I hope they switch from Lois and Lex to Maggie Sawyer and the MSCU.

really hope this is true. Flashpoint is the last story to adapt right now. they shouldn't make the universe altering story the first Flash solo flick. also, the DC cinematic universe is made fun of for trying to be so "dark" and "edgy". Flashpoint would just perpetuate that image. a world where Aquaman and Wonder Woman are at each other's throats, where Batman is an alcoholic murderer (wait, they already did that), where Superman is an emaciated torture victim, where Wonder Woman kills a child, etc. If they want to focus on lighter more fun comic book movies they should stay away from Flashpoint for a while.

They could still have Flash go up against Professor Zoom and The Rogues and make it a very enjoyable film. plus, they haven't even established Barry's world. personally, i would recast The Flash and just start over.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Metropolis is getting reworked apparently. I hope they switch from Lois and Lex to Maggie Sawyer and the MSCU.
    I'd love an MSCU show, and they could even incorporate the occasionalLois or Lex role here & there. It getting re-worked is good news though. A live action Metropolis version of Gotham Central would be at the top of my wishlist if we are going to have Superman shows without Superman in them (I wish Fox's 'Gotham' had been this, instead of a prequel thing. Ugh.).
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post

Damn, my internet access isn't up for streaming services.