Page 1781 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 781128116811731177117771778177917801781178217831784178517911831 ... LastLast
Results 26,701 to 26,715 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Metropolis is getting reworked apparently. I hope they switch from Lois and Lex to Maggie Sawyer and the MSCU.
    I really want Metropolis to be a show following the Daily Planet while Superman is around, not another Smallville or Gotham.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    As usual, take everything that Umberto Gonzalez posts with a grain of salt, but his latest tweet seems to tease that the Flash film being a Flashpoint adaptation is dead.
    https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/994312109814046720

(note: this Tweet contains an image that is one of those out of context Infinity War spoiler memes that've made their way round the internet - just a warning)
    If this is true, then it probably means WB is starting to regain confidence in the DCEU. There's all kinds of indicators that their confidence in Aquaman is increasing. Maybe Walter Hamada has shown them at least some of his game plan for fixing the DCEU and they think it can work.

I think Flashpoint was always WB's "Break Glass In Case Of Emergency" button: a weapon of last resort only to be deployed in the event that the DCEU seemed unsalvageable. If they're more confident that it won't be necessary, then they may back off on it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Decisions are being made by Peter Jackson and his NZ crew: Return to Middle-earth with Amazon, or play in the DC Universe?"

https://twitter.com/theoneringnet/st...48409573130241

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Decisions are being made by Peter Jackson and his NZ crew: Return to Middle-earth with Amazon, or play in the DC Universe?"

A possible Peter Jackson DC movie? That would be AWESOME! I wonder what movie he's considering?

Can't decide which choice I'd be more interested in.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

The One Ring are very close to Jackson and his Weta crew so this shouldn’t be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    A possible Peter Jackson DC movie? That would be AWESOME! I wonder what movie he's considering?
    Justice League 2? I had always wished that the first JL had simply followed Fellowship of the Ring's beats (Steppenwolf being a Nazgul like lieutenant of the Dark Lord, protecting of the Mother Boxes being akin to protecting the One Ring, a "Fellowship" of different races - Kryptonian, Amazon, Atlantean, Human forming to protect the prized treasure, the movie spanning across different locations in the world etc.)

It would have been a much more intriguing and tonally smooth movie if that had been the case.

I would love to see Jackson on a Bana Mighdall/early Amazons movies, personally.

BANNED

Jackson will be perfect for Man of Steel 2.

Jackson on the Flash, use the King Kong experience to deliver on Grodd.

Jackson needs to do warlord.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Or last boy on earth. DCU needs some fantasy films.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Not surprising, considering his ties to WB. He's pretty much exclusively worked on huge blockbusters for the last ten years though, and looked pretty broken after the rough production of the Hobbit movies. One would think he'd like more of a break, or work on something smaller and less involved than a DC movie?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Not surprising, considering his ties to WB. He's pretty much exclusively worked on huge blockbusters for the last ten years though, and looked pretty broken after the rough production of the Hobbit movies. One would think he'd like more of a break, or work on something smaller and less involved than a DC movie?
    He’s had a break. He finished the Hobbit years ago and has barely worked since.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'd love for him to work with Amazon but I'd also love his take on a DC property.

Too bad Swamp Thing is taken. As are WW and Shazam, two of the bigger mythological DC characters. What would best suit him?

I think Jackson would be a great choice to direct a New Gods movie if DeVernay drops out. The New Gods have potential to be the next LotR-like franchise.