Page 1784 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 784128416841734177417801781178217831784178517861787178817941834 ... LastLast
Results 26,746 to 26,760 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why, nothing about Lobo requires more than some Kiss style make up. Not like he is a twenty foot tall tentacle monster.
    Yeah, Lobo really doesn't need CGI unless you want to make him look like his more exaggerated self in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Just gonna be wearing t shirt & jeans! Costumes are lame.
    I hope not .

Extraordinary Member

Why, nothing about Lobo requires more than some Kiss style make up. Not like he is a twenty foot tall tentacle monster.
    He's not a tentacle monster, but he is a pretty big hulking figure in comparison to the average sized person. It can be inconsistent but it is how he appears a lot of the time. He's not the same level as the Hulk, but he's not like Batman either (we're not talking about Twilight Lobo here).

You need a heavy-set guy for Lobo, but with camera angles, height, and makeup it shouldn't be too hard to capture him from the comics with practical effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    He's not a tentacle monster, but he is a pretty big hulking figure in comparison to the average sized person. It can be inconsistent but it is how he appears a lot of the time. He's not the same level as the Hulk, but he's not like Batman either (we're not talking about Twilight Lobo here).
    It is inconsistent, and the movies don't need complete accuracy, a large enough actor will be fine. Maybe some tricky camera work if you need him really bigger.

Extraordinary Member

It is inconsistent, and the movies don't need complete accuracy, a large enough actor will be fine. Maybe some tricky camera work if you need him really bigger.
    I just think it would be better if they actually went for some CGI to bring him to life. As long as they can make it look as good as the MCU makes Hulk look.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I just think it would be better if they actually went for some CGI to bring him to life. As long as they can make it look as good as the MCU makes Hulk look.
    Eh, the Hulk is kind of hit and miss, he doesn't always look as real as the flesh and blood humans on sceen. If the only reason to make Lobo CGI is to make him bigger, I would rather shrink him down slightly and use a real person. There are better characters to go CG with.

Yeah, I don't think Lobo should be The Hulk or require that level of CG.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

So assuming the next couple of stand-alone films are successful, what kind of different story could the DCEU tell in their next JL team-up movie? I was hoping for a Secret Society movie instead of a New Gods movie to distinguish from Infinity War. But I'd love to hear some more diverse ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    So assuming the next couple of stand-alone films are successful, what kind of different story could the DCEU tell in their next JL team-up movie? I was hoping for a Secret Society movie instead of a New Gods movie to distinguish from Infinity War. But I'd love to hear some more diverse ideas.
    Secret Society/Legion of Doom IS the best direction for the sequel (I wonder if that's the reason we are getting the LoD title with THAT line-up of archnemesi right now).

It's novel, a Hero Team-Up vs. a Villain Team-Up clash is actually something Marvel hasn't done yet, we could have really fun and fascinating villain/villain interactions in addition to the hero/hero ones, and best of all, it demands that it be preceded by solo films introducing and emphasizing the unique relationship each DC hero has with his or her main villain. That neatly sidesteps the issue of "rushing" or overstuffing that BvS and JL fell victim to.

Additionally, it saves the New Gods for JL3 (and JL4), allowing them to be developed in their own franchise first (giving them their own POV films even before they clash with the League). That way, when the New Gods pose a direct threat to Earth, people will be super invested as they know the backstories and relationship dynamics of both sides involved. This also prevents the non-Darkseid NG from being underutilized like the Black Order in Infinity War.

So if JL2 with the Legion/Society is Heroes vs. Villains, New Gods in JL3 is Gods vs. Mortals (ok fine, the Leaguers are kinda Gods themselves, but they are OUR pantheon, versus a hellish pantheon).
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-14-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Secret Society/Legion of Doom IS the best direction for the sequel (I wonder if that's the reason we are getting the LoD title with THAT line-up of archnemesi right now).

It's novel, a Hero Team-Up vs. a Villain Team-Up clash is actually something Marvel hasn't done yet, we could have really fun and fascinating villain/villain interactions in addition to the hero/hero ones, and best of all, it demands that it be preceded by solo films introducing and emphasizing the unique relationship each DC hero has with his or her main villain. That neatly sidesteps the issue of "rushing" or overstuffing that BvS and JL fell victim to.

Additionally, it saves the New Gods for JL3 (and JL4), allowing them to be developed in their own franchise first (giving them their own POV films even before they clash with the League). That way, when the New Gods pose a direct threat to Earth, people will be super invested as they know the backstories and relationship dynamics of both sides involved. This also prevents the non-Darkseid NG from being underutilized like the Black Order in Infinity War.

So if JL2 with the Legion/Society is Heroes vs. Villains, New Gods in JL3 is Gods vs. Mortals (ok fine, the Leaguers are kinda Gods themselves, but they are OUR pantheon, versus a hellish pantheon).
    They better recast Luthor and get rid of the most idiotic parts of Leto's Joker designs like the cringeworthy tats than.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Yeah I fully agree with your reasonings. I also think that it's possible we see a villain team-up against Darkseid and his New Gods, which would also be something that hadn't been done before.

Question is: could Eisenberg be convincing in that big green suit?

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    They better recast Luthor and get rid of the most idiotic parts of Leto's Joker designs like the cringeworthy tats than.
    I'd rather they recast Leto than Eisenberg. Eisenberg's Luthor is actually more believable and realistic in this age of Elon Musk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yeah I fully agree with your reasonings. I also think that it's possible we see a villain team-up against Darkseid and his New Gods, which would also be something that hadn't been done before.

Question is: could Eisenberg be convincing in that big green suit?
    It needn't reveal his head like in the comics as that could be a VFX nightmare no matter who the actor is. Maybe it could be something closer to the Iron Man suit (which would be interesting subtext ).

He might, apparently.

Also only just found this rumor now:

https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/02...oving-forward/

Yeah I have no issue keeping Eisenberg as Luthor.

I think the problem was very much the writing and direction, not the casting.