Page 1803 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 803130317031753179317991800180118021803180418051806180718131853 ... LastLast
Results 27,031 to 27,045 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I think WB should hurry it up with SS. It came out in 2016 and if they wait 4 years the audience might not show up. Have to strike while it's hot.
    Please forgive, but I don't think Suicide Squad (in cinema) has ever been hot except before it was actually released. Once it was it did not exactly leave fans clamoring for more of anything but Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. As such, I feel like it makes sense to give people time to forget what a flop SS was in much the same way they're in no hurry to make another Justice League movie. Both movies were very poorly received. One can't strike an iron when it's hot if it never becomes hot to begin with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Please forgive, but I don't think Suicide Squad (in cinema) has ever been hot except before it was actually released. Once it was it did not exactly leave fans clamoring for more of anything but Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. As such, I feel like it makes sense to give people time to forget what a flop SS was in much the same way they're in no hurry to make another Justice League movie. Both movies were very poorly received. One can't strike an iron when it's hot if it never becomes hot to begin with.
    I agree with you in that SS wasn't really 'hot', but it did make a lot of money for the DCEU without the help of China. I don't think the sequel will exceed the original total and the budget will probably only be higher. The profit will probably be only smaller but to not greenlight a high grossing movie like SS just doesn't make sense. I know it had a big drop but word of mouth should have torpedoed this movie. Instead it grossed over 300M domestically. It defied expectations. It should be on the slate for 2019.

Mighty Member

Suicide Squad had a great run, world wide and domestic. This is factoring out China. Of course WB will green light a sequel. It might not make as much as the first (Depending on if they can get a China release), but I still think it will do well, depending on the reviews.

Astonishing Member

Upcoming DC movies according to Rotten Tomatoes https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...h-key-details/

Movies announced and rumored since the DCEU started going from definite to who knows.

Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman 2, The Batman, Suicide Squad 2, Batgirl, Man of Steel 2, Flash, Green Lantern Corps, Birds of Prey, Justice League Dark, New Gods, Spielberg's Blackhawks, Scorsese Stand Alone Joker, Harley Quinn and Joker, Gotham City Sirens, Nightwing, Cyborg, Black Adam, & Deathstroke.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Update about Walter Hamada on WB official website: https://www.warnerbros.com/studio/ex.../walter-hamada

"President, DC-Based Film Production, Warner Bros. Pictures

Walter Hamada is President, DC-Based Film Production, Warner Bros. Pictures. In this role, he oversees WBP’s slate of films based on Super Heroes and Super-Villains from DC, as well as titles based on other characters and stories also licensed from DC, including its Vertigo and MAD Magazine imprints. Hamada draws upon resources from across both WBP and New Line Cinema and works closely with Geoff Johns, President and Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment."

Source: https://twitter.com/Steele131/status...97153458221056

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I agree with you in that SS wasn't really 'hot', but it did make a lot of money for the DCEU without the help of China. I don't think the sequel will exceed the original total and the budget will probably only be higher. The profit will probably be only smaller but to not greenlight a high grossing movie like SS just doesn't make sense. I know it had a big drop but word of mouth should have torpedoed this movie. Instead it grossed over 300M domestically. It defied expectations. It should be on the slate for 2019.
    It could exceed the original if it gets a China release and Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam has an appearance as he's rumored to.

Incredible Member

Part of me feels like we won’t see an aquaman trailer til SDCC, I really was hoping to see a trailer by now

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Part of me feels like we won’t see an aquaman trailer til SDCC, I really was hoping to see a trailer by now
    I'd like to see the trailer but it is a chance to own comic-con and get some good will going if they did a 3 punch with an full Aquaman trailer, Shazam teaser, and WW2 set photos. Also some trailers or news for DC Universe Streaming would be the knockout IMO.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Anyone else wish WW2 wasn't set in the 80's?

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I found it kind of interesting that all the major female-led movies Superhero movies seem to be period pieces (Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, and now Wonder Woman II).

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Was hoping for Vietnam/the 60's or 70's, but I'll take it. As long as they make it interesting. Hoping it's more nuanced than an anti-Russian thing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

SDCC DCEU rumor...

-Aquaman trailer and Panel
    -Shazam teaser
    -Cheetah Image Reveal
    -Official Slate Reveal (no Cyborg solo)
    -Affleck and Reeves on stage together
    -Most likely no MoS2 announcement

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...90162729160705
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-03-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SDCC DCEU rumor...

-Shazam teaser
    -Cheetah Image Reveal

Sounds great but sad about that last line. Although maybe it would be too early anyway compared to everything else.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SDCC DCEU rumor...

-Shazam teaser
    -Cheetah Image Reveal

What the F***!?! SUCH B.S.