Page 1807 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 807130717071757179718031804180518061807180818091810181118171857 ... LastLast
Results 27,091 to 27,105 of 28116
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interesting speculation...

"I don't think the Deathstroke solo is gonna come out anytime soon. He'll probably be seen next as one of the main villains in JL2, which I'm gonna bet will turn into a Justice League vs. Suicide Squad movie. He could show up in an after credits scene somewhere before that tho."

"No. I think the League and the Squad will fight each other at the beginning but will team-up by the end of the film to fight the Legion of Doom."

"Which is why they're gonna put the Suicide Squad in the sequel (and in the title) - to attract more people to see it."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...94778166075393

Suicide Squad v Justice League: Dawn of Injustice?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    After seeing the trailer Aquaman's got good competition on opening weekend with Bumblebee.
    Really? I wasn't all that impressed by it. Looked alright. That's about it. Of course we have to wait and see how Aquaman looks, but with Wan in charge, I have a feeling it's going to look good!

Also is Mary Poppins even competition? Lol The generation that grew up with the OG film are all 55+. Doubt young people will choose to watch that film, especially men.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interesting speculation...

"I don't think the Deathstroke solo is gonna come out anytime soon. He'll probably be seen next as one of the main villains in JL2, which I'm gonna bet will turn into a Justice League vs. Suicide Squad movie. He could show up in an after credits scene somewhere before that tho."

"No. I think the League and the Squad will fight each other at the beginning but will team-up by the end of the film to fight the Legion of Doom."

"Which is why they're gonna put the Suicide Squad in the sequel (and in the title) - to attract more people to see it."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...94778166075393

Suicide Squad v Justice League: Dawn of Injustice?
    Now that's interesting. I was thinking teaming up with the Legion to fight Darkseid down the line, but this makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How do you figure?
    For starters growing international markers like Asia and Latin America aren't apathetic towards the DCEU, the way they are towards Star Wars, combined with diminishing returns from Europe and Domestic box office.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Really? I wasn't all that impressed by it. Looked alright. That's about it. Of course we have to wait and see how Aquaman looks, but with Wan in charge, I have a feeling it's going to look good!

Also is Mary Poppins even competition? Lol The generation that grew up with the OG film are all 55+. Doubt young people will choose to watch that film, especially men.
    I hated the Bay films but this one is hitting me in the nostalgia feels with the tone and look of the film and I'm seeing a lot of that from the G1 generation also kids are going to flock to Bumblebee IMO. So yeah this looks to be real competition again JMO.

I hated the Bay films but this one is hitting me in the nostalgia feels with the tone and look of the film and I'm seeing a lot of that from the G1 generation also kids are going to flock to Bumblebee IMO. So yeah this looks to be real competition again JMO.
    You were complaining about the scriptwriter when she was attached to the Birds of Prey and Batgirl movies. Now that her movie is direct competition to a DCEU film, of course you think it is "real" competition.

I guess we'll see. Can't really say for sure when we haven't seen a trailer for Aquaman. But hey if Jumanji could make over 900 million next to a episodic Star Wars film, than anything can happen IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You were complaining about the scriptwriter when she was attached to the Birds of Prey and Batgirl movies. Now that her movie is direct competition to a DCEU film, of course you think it is "real" competition.
    Shut In and Unforgettable were awful films David S. Goyer has written some good films too even with all the garbage broken clocks are right twice a day. Also the director Travis Knight did Kubo and the two strings a really good film and it has a good lead in Hailee Steinfeld.

Wonder Woman was good, BvS Ultimate Cut and Justice League were ok, Nolan's Trilogy was Excellent, Batman 89 is good, Superman 78 is one of my favorite films of all time. I like DC just not all of them so please keep me out of your little boxes of fandom.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-05-2018 at 11:58 AM.

I can't help but think, if done right, Aquaman is going to look special on the big screen and will get a lot of people's attention.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I guess we'll see. Can't really say for sure when we haven't seen a trailer for Aquaman. But hey if Jumanji could make over 900 million next to a episodic Star Wars film, than anything can happen IMO.
    Aquaman would have to be a nice good surprise for that to happen and hopefully it is.

So Joker is getting his own movie
    Might be a mad love movie or the Joker vs Harley movie that has been talked about before
    Still I'm excited for Leto getting a chance at redemption
    https://variety.com/2018/film/news/j...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Might be a mad love movie or the Joker vs Harley movie that has been talked about before
    I really can't muster up much enthusiasm for a Jared Leto Joker film.

I was actually kind of happy with the Elseworlds Joker film if it meant a Joker movie that did not star Jared Leto .

Incredible Member

Oh God I’d rather take a gamble with a new interpretation of the joker instead of Leto Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Could be good or bad, depending on script and director and other factors. I can't be excited for this till I get more info, but I won't be apprehensive either unless I see something to give me pause.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really can't muster up much enthusiasm for a Jared Leto Joker film.

I was actually kind of happy with the Elseworlds Joker film if it meant a Joker movie that did not star Jared Leto .
    Same. The entire approach to Leto's Joker from the "Damaged" tattoo to his attempts to go faux-method with gross-out gifts to co-stars is off-putting (the latter being such a blatant, cheap Ledger lift). The only DCEU/DC Films casting choice I hate more than Leto's Joker is Eisenberg's Luthor. The Luthor casting is magnitudes worse than the Leto casting but both were real missteps.

I'm fine with the rest of DCEU casting for the most part but these two roles should really be re-cast.