Page 1809 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 809130917091759179918051806180718081809181018111812181318191859 ... LastLast
Results 27,121 to 27,135 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Everyone seems to be complaining about the tattoos, but what was actually wrong with his PERFORMANCE? I found him a very convincing Joker.
    He was apparently a nightmare to work with (which is probably one reason why none of the people behind the other Batman/Harley related films are too enthusiastic to work with him). And his performance came across as kind of awkward and not really what you'd normally expect from all that "method acting".

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

It's still in early development, so there is a good chance that this Joker film might never materialize.

On a side note, I wonder if development of a film specifically for Leto's Joker is Hamada's way of keeping Leto happy? Rumors back when all those other Joker projects were getting announced stated he wasn't exactly pleased about them...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    It's still in early development, so there is a good chance that this Joker film might never materialize.

On a side note, I wonder if development of a film specifically for Leto's Joker is Hamada's way of keeping Leto happy? Rumors back when all those other Joker projects were getting announced stated he wasn't exactly pleased about them...
    Why would they care about keeping him happy? The franchise has no future. SS had some of the worst week to week drops in history. It was profitable due to the initial rush and strong marketing, but once word of mouth got out its numbers tanked.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Everyone seems to be complaining about the tattoos, but what was actually wrong with his PERFORMANCE? I found him a very convincing Joker.
    It seemed like he was doing a bad impression of Heath’s Joker.

I'd be totally down for a Leto Joker film. I thought he was possibly the creepiest most unpredictable Joker yet. I obviously think Ledger was great but there's something in Leto's gaze and mannerisms that made me terrified of him. I could have done without the tattoos, sure, but with or without them, I'm confident he can win people over with his acting. Anyone hoping for a recast is probably just hoping for a different universe altogether, but for this DCEU to succeed, abandoning its established characters is not the way to go.
    His performance was just way too try-hard and unremarkable to me, and I don't think he was really able to capture the Joker's voice or flair that well.

I'm really not excited about any future appearances with him as the Clown Prince of Crime. More like a Clown Punk.
    Eisenberg was Birthright/Secret Origins Lex, and I thought he fit decently in the suit. Toning him down just a bit post-jail would be a decent fit.

They can put him in the suit and bald head but it's still going to be hard for me to take Eisenberg seriously in the role.

Jon Schnepp says he’s heard rumors that Matt Reeves and Ben Affleck will announce The Batman together inside Hall H next month at comic con.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Why would they care about keeping him happy? The franchise has no future. SS had some of the worst week to week drops in history. It was profitable due to the initial rush and strong marketing, but once word of mouth got out its numbers tanked.
    Leto is a good actor and WB is about more than the DCEU so hypothetically if JL was annoyed about what happened with Joker in SS and wanted a solo film for "redemption" it is possible WB might be willing to pop one out on the cheap to keep him happy for other potential WB projects with him not DCEU related.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Jon Schnepp says he’s heard rumors that Matt Reeves and Ben Affleck will announce The Batman together inside Hall H next month at comic con.
    It's possible but I don't trust what Schnepp hears he also heard Holland's Spider-Man will appear in Venom and I can't buy that with the Snap I mean yeah we know Spidey's coming back but I can't see Marvel wanting that shown on screen until Avengers 4.

Here's a great interview with David Sandberg all about filming the Shazam movie:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Eql9VLm0n3A

https://twitter.com/ToddStashwick/st...80515311124482

Todd Stashwick claims to be one of Suicide Squad 2's co-writers.

DC's 2020 line-up increasingly seems to be Birds of Prey, Suicide Squad 2 and The Batman, with a small chance for either the Flash solo or the Scorcese Joker film to make it too.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...sequel-1118407

THR confirms that Todd Stashwick and David Bar Katz are Suicide Squad 2's co-writers.

Suicide Squad made money due to Joker and Harley’s popularity, Will Smith’s star power, and yes a very good trailer. But the movie itself was pretty bad. I think the only way a sequel would generate anywhere near the level of hype as the first one is if the rumored debut of The Rock as Black Adam happens. I can see something along the lines of Waller realizing she needs a Superman level threat on her team and sending in the Squad to find Adam’s tomb. Maybe there’s another team like The Jihad or the Russian Suicide Squad also trying to find Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    DC's 2020 line-up increasingly seems to be Birds of Prey, Suicide Squad 2 and The Batman, with a small chance for either the Flash solo or the Scorcese Joker film to make it too.
    I simply can't see how that lineup will help the DCEU brand get out of the hole it is in.

Suicide Squad was arguably the worst received of all the DCEU films (yeah, it made money, but that was partly due to a huge marketing campaign). If they want to salvage that, it's probably better to do solo or duo movies.

Birds of Prey, there I simply do not know who is supposed to be in the movie. Are they going to put Harley Quinn into another team? Doing another teamup movie where we don't know or care about the characters yet? And while putting a newcomer "bad boy" as the viewpoint character in a team movie is a proven idea (see the original X-Men), I'm not sure Harley Quinn is the right character for that. And in practice it would block doing a proper Batgirl-Oracle story arc based firmly in Barbara Gordon's experience.

As for The Batman, I'm not sure I want to see another brooding old Batman.
    Last edited by kjn; 06-09-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I simply can't see how that lineup will help the DCEU brand get out of the hole it is in.

Suicide Squad was arguably the worst received of all the DCEU films (yeah, it made money, but that was partly due to a huge marketing campaign). If they want to salvage that, it's probably better to do solo or duo movies.

Birds of Prey, there I simply do not know who is supposed to be in the movie. Are they going to put Harley Quinn into another team? Doing another teamup movie where we don't know or care about the characters yet? And while putting a newcomer "bad boy" as the viewpoint character in a team movie is a proven idea (see the original X-Men), I'm not sure Harley Quinn is the right character for that. And in practice it would block doing a proper Batgirl-Oracle story arc based firmly in Barbara Gordon's experience.

As for The Batman, I'm not sure I want to see another brooding old Batman.
    I totally agree with you regarding Birds of Prey and SS2. But The Batman is exactly the kinds of films the DCEU needs to dig itself out. Solo films of the JL members appropriately toned for the character. If it was up to me, we'd see AM, Shazam, WW2, The Flash, The Batman, Superman (and call it that not MoS2) and GL in that order. I'd introduce Hal in one of the other solo's to re-intro to audiences.