Page 1823 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 823132317231773181318191820182118221823182418251826182718331873 ... LastLast
Results 27,331 to 27,345 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    So I saw this tidbit yesterday on CBR and wanted to get everyone's take on it:
    It’s Time for Warner Bros. to Release Snyder’s Justice League Cut

In the piece, the author links to another article that seems to solidify that there is, in fact, an assembled Snyder Cut of Justice League. It most assuredly doesn't have final music, VFX and the like, but the edit is there.

As a guy who grew to enjoy Man of Steel and Batman v Superman (Ultimate Cut) and loved Justice League right off the bat, I think WB should release the Snyder Cut, with or without final VFX. Heck, WB and SNyder could probably put out a call for VFX studios, and some would probably offer to finish the project for free.

There's not really a downside for WB, aside from expenditures relating to manufacturing and (maybe) post-production work. Publicity-wise, it's a win-win: WB can say they're listening to the fans, and, should the Snyder Cut stink out loud, they can be vindicated in making the amount of changes they did.

I'm not saying the Snyder Cut would be great. Heck, it may not even be good, but I think it should be out there, if only to serve as a basis of comparison to the theatrical cut. From what I've heard, a mix of the two cuts sounds like it would make the perfect film.

I know it's not terribly likely to happen, but I still think it's worth bringing up!
    Watch the special features for Man of Steel, BvS, Watchmen, Suckerpunch, 300, outside of Dawn of the Dead remake Snyder's scenes are heavy in CGI even stuff like the outside of the Capital building and the Funeral walk in Metropolis and Metropolis from BvS was mostly CGI. The film is shot but needs millions of dollars in editing and CGI to be done and even if everyone who signed the Snyder cut petition a while back bought a copy it still wouldn't cover the cost of the Snyder Cut. There is really no upside for WB to do it especially with them wanting to move on and take the DCEU in a new direction.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-19-2018 at 09:57 AM.

That's one more than I'm interested in.

I want Green Lantern and Superman (in that order). We're getting more Wonder Woman, so I don't have to ask for that.
    Eh, I've never really cared much one way or the other about Green Lantern, but I know we will get a Green Lantern Corps film at some point, an Aquaman, a Flash, another Wonder Woman, and a Superman sequel is bound to happen. But the DCEU needs to build back good will, until then an unrelated Elseworld type story feels like it has more promise than any continuity GL or Supes film. But that's only me really, I'll probably see everything they make.

Ugh watching the Death of Superman part 1 (animated) just made me mad how bad they botched this storyline in BvS. Is it too late for a do-over? lol.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I've never really cared much one way or the other about Green Lantern, but I know we will get a Green Lantern Corps film at some point, an Aquaman, a Flash, another Wonder Woman, and a Superman sequel is bound to happen. But the DCEU needs to build back good will, until then an unrelated Elseworld type story feels like it has more promise than any continuity GL or Supes film. But that's only me really, I'll probably see everything they make.
    I agree that they need to earn the audience's good will, but I'm just so burned out on almost everything Batman at this point. The only Bat-film I want is a Batfleck solo, and that's looking less and less likely by the day.

But hey, if a Joker origin solo can get WB/DC back in the audience's good graces, then more power to it.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Ugh watching the Death of Superman part 1 (animated) just made me mad how bad they botched this storyline in BvS. Is it too late for a do-over? lol.
    I'd have been perfectly ok with how they did it in BvS if they hadn't called the monster Doomsday. If they'd called it a Bizzaro Zod (Bizzodro?), then I'd have been fine with it. But that wasn't Doomsday.

Heck, Snyder recently came out on Vero and said the "real" Doomsday was still out there. Revisionist storytelling? Yeah, but at least he seems to be (somewhat) owning up to that mistake.

Lastly, is the animated version good? Sounds like it, but I haven;t watched one of the original animated films since War.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I'd have been perfectly ok with how they did it in BvS if they hadn't called the monster Doomsday. If they'd called it a Bizzaro Zod (Bizzodro?), then I'd have been fine with it. But that wasn't Doomsday.

Heck, Snyder recently came out on Vero and said the "real" Doomsday was still out there. Revisionist storytelling? Yeah, but at least he seems to be (somewhat) owning up to that mistake.

Lastly, is the animated version good? Sounds like it, but I haven;t watched one of the original animated films since War.
    There was a Doomsday in the tie in comics that were made before BvS came out. I don't know if it's revisionist history.

BANNED

Yeah they really got this version right,it really works as a updated version of the story,and in their DCA new 52 type universe.

I'm some minds it might be to late,but to me you can course correct from movie to movie,aslong as it's enjoyable and is better than the one before.

I don't really see the point of there being a "real" Doomsday when they've already done the Death of Superman and had Lex do the name-drop.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really see the point of there being a "real" Doomsday when they've already done the Death of Superman and had Lex do the name-drop.
    Rumors have it that Snyder was going to turn his evil Superman into doomsday as the last barrier for the JL before bringing him back to normal. Horrible idea.

Fantastic Member

I thought this wasn't out until late July. How did you watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Rumors have it that Snyder was going to turn his evil Superman into doomsday as the last barrier for the JL before bringing him back to normal. Horrible idea.
    I have literally never heard this rumor (and don't believe it). Do you have a source for it?

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    I thought this wasn't out until late July. How did you watch it?
    The full movie leaked online a couple nights ago.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    This makes zero sense as in Zack's version Steppenwolf reportedly survived an encounter with Doomsday?
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

They botched more things in the DC lore than anything else I've ever witnessed so I'm not surprised if this new movie got it right. After this animated movie we are probably no going to see DoS anytime soon. Anyway can't wait to watch it since I'm hearing good things about it.

I think one of the main turn offs people have for the DCEU is the amount of rumors going on, no one knows what the hell is going on and apparently neither does WB. They are literally throwing eggs on the wall and see which sticks. It’s unbelievable really, I think they can build another dc universe just called DC rumors from the amount of crap being thrown around.

Is Ben Affleck still in or no? Is the new Batman film part of the universe, and will Batffleck still be in it or will there be two Batman actors in two separate universes? What the hell is up with this other Joker movie and why am I hearing Tom Huddleston aka Loki is being considered for the Riddler? My head is about to explode