Page 1825 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 82513251725177518151821182218231824182518261827182818291835 ... LastLast
Results 27,361 to 27,375 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    WB won’t move Aquaman to 2019 for the same reason they didn’t push back Justice League. The box office will increase their total for the year and allow them to either get a raise or justify their current position.
    The box office from winter 2017 put WB over the $5 billion mark in world wide gross. Justice League underperformed but it still helped them reach the milestone. Which I’m sure made the execs very happy.
    So getting a higher box office for the year is better than making more money in the slightly longer run?
    Wow Hollywood is messed up.

WB won’t move Aquaman to 2019 for the same reason they didn’t push back Justice League. The box office will increase their total for the year and allow them to either get a raise or justify their current position.
    The box office from winter 2017 put WB over the $5 billion mark in world wide gross. Justice League underperformed but it still helped them reach the milestone. Which I’m sure made the execs very happy.
    Sadly yes the executives will put bonuses before what's good for the franchise I have some respect for Fox with delaying New Mutants and Dark Phoenix to fix whatever issues they had.

Mighty Member

So there’s a really good chance tha Aquaman isn’t going to do great at the box office even if it’s loved by critics and fans. I wonder how WB will react if it ends up losing money. They have such knee jerk reactions to these movies.
    If it wasn't for the fans and haters alike, there wouldn't be any knee-jerk reactions. They created that.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Er, where do people suggest "pushing back" Aquaman to if not keep its December date? January is awards season month and December movies grow their legs in that month. February has Dark Phoenix right in the middle, with Captain Marvel arriving in the first week of March. And anyways those dates are too close to Shazam.

Aquaman's current date is fine. Mary Poppins Returns and possibly Spider-Verse are its only competitors that I see becoming hits. Alita, Bumblebee, Mortal Engines and that Holmes film seem like bombs or too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    probably not for the U.S. box office, but internationally.........yes
    The last Transformers movie fell 50% from the previous film in the franchise internationally too.

So there’s a really good chance tha Aquaman isn’t going to do great at the box office even if it’s loved by critics and fans. I wonder how WB will react if it ends up losing money. They have such knee jerk reactions to these movies.
    I'm not sure they have knee jerk reactions as much as delayed and confused reactions. After all, their reaction to the poor reception of Suicide Squad seems to be to triple down on Joker movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Er, where do people suggest "pushing back" Aquaman to if not keep its December date? January is awards season month and December movies grow their legs in that month. February has Dark Phoenix right in the middle, with Captain Marvel arriving in the first week of March. And anyways those dates are too close to Shazam.
    Um… right here? Or that its UK release date moved up?

The thing isn't even so much on how the other movies will do, but that there are lots of movies releasing at the same time, which will push down income for all of them, and also make it tricky for theatres, especially smaller ones. Most of these movies also get the bulk part of their ticket revenue during the first two weeks of its release. Even a movie with as long legs as Wonder Woman received well over half of its revenue during its first two weeks.

Aquaman's current date is fine. Mary Poppins Returns and possibly Spider-Verse are its only competitors that I see becoming hits. Alita, Bumblebee, Mortal Engines and that Holmes film seem like bombs or too small.

The last Transformers movie fell 50% from the previous film in the franchise internationally too.
    Most of the general audience don't see most awards films in theaters and Bumblebee is getting good buzz since the trailer dropped and people realize Bay isn't directing it.

Now January is famously known as garbage month for big budget of franchise films because the studios like to dump the trash franchise films they've lost faith in so there is a negative view to being released in January but IMO if released the week after Hellboy Aquaman could clean house good.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-26-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Um… right here? Or that its UK release date moved up?

The thing isn't even so much on how the other movies will do, but that there are lots of movies releasing at the same time, which will push down income for all of them, and also make it tricky for theatres, especially smaller ones. Most of these movies also get the bulk part of their ticket revenue during the first two weeks of its release. Even a movie with as long legs as Wonder Woman received well over half of its revenue during its first two weeks.
    Right where again? And lol, it moved up all of one week in the UK.

The holiday season is fine. It affords more movies to break out as it is all holidays, and they manage to make more money as they play throughout January as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Most of the general audience don't see most awards films in theaters and Bumblebee is getting good buzz since the trailer dropped and people realize Bay isn't directing it.

Now January is famously known as garbage month for big budget of franchise films because the studios like to dump the trash franchise films they've lost faith in so there is a negative view to being released in January but IMO if released the week after Hellboy Aquaman could clean house good.
    Awards season films still take away audiences, adults in particular. Sometimes some of them even break out like The Revenant, Hidden Figures and The Greatest Showman, becoming legit competition to blockbusters. The weather in January is also notorious, which is why it has gained the reputation of "dump month" for movies the studios know are inferior in quality.

December is fine as the holidays allow more movies to make money and then those same films have the entirety of January to make the leftover money. Sandwiching Aquaman between Hellboy and Dark Phoenix is taking away those holidays for no guaranteed benefit, and it forces three superhero movies to be very close to each other (four if you count Captain Marvel too).

And the Transformers franchise is at a worse place than the DCEU as the last Transformers film made even less than Justice League. Bumblebee has even more odds stacked against it than Aquaman, and it is the movie that will suffer worse during the showdown. I don't think there are many people who are that into Transformers but hate Bay.

Amazing Member

Right where again? And lol, it moved up all of one week in the UK.
    And the Transformers franchise is at a worse place than the DCEU as the last Transformers film made even less than Justice League. Bumblebee has even more odds stacked against it than Aquaman, and it is the movie that will suffer worse during the showdown. I don't think there are many people who are that into Transformers but hate Bay.
    If you asked me a month ago, I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly. But that Bumblebee trailer is getting a lot of people excited for the movie. It promised a different kind of Transformers film, one that's smaller and more personal. I was reading comments on a YouTube video about the crowded slate for November and December and majority of the commenters think Bumblebee will pretty much drown out Aquaman.

A great Aquaman trailer is needed to counter the Bumblebee buzz. I'm cautiously optimistic we'll get a great trailer based on the reaction to an incomplete Aquaman teaser at Cinemacon. Still, trailers for DCEU movies have generally been underwhelming, IMHO. If I weren't already a DC fan, I wouldn't bother watching the movies. The lone exception is the MOS trailer which I thought was pretty epic.

I still think Bumblebee will triumph at the international box office. Transformers is a better known brand than the DCEU. 2 of the last 3 Transformers movie grossed more than a billion. A good trailer and maybe a few positive reviews is all it will take to bring back the audience to the franchise. Meanwhile the highest profile DCEU movie flopped badly and no DCEU movie has ever crossed the billion dollar mark. Aquaman is going to need spectacular trailers and great reviews to overcome the negative buzz that typically accompany DCEU films.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Clay Enos, set photographer, shares via Twitter and VERO our first look of Kristen Wiig as the woman who will become Cheetah:

Patty Jenkins also tweeted a version of the pic without that VERO border on it.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 06-27-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Clay Enos, set photographer, shares via Twitter and VERO our first look of Kristen Wiig as the woman who will become Cheetah:

Patty Jenkins also tweeted a version of the pic without that VERO border on it.
    Doesn't look threatening in the slightest...which is probably the point.

Very reminiscent of Michelle Pfeiffer's Selina Kyle. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't look threatening in the slightest...which is probably the point.
    Looks inspired by Rebirth...

...which excites me for how her Cheetah avatar will look.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Random killer x View Post
    I think one of the main turn offs people have for the DCEU is the amount of rumors going on, no one knows what the hell is going on and apparently neither does WB. They are literally throwing eggs on the wall and see which sticks. It’s unbelievable really, I think they can build another dc universe just called DC rumors from the amount of crap being thrown around.

Is Ben Affleck still in or no? Is the new Batman film part of the universe, and will Batffleck still be in it or will there be two Batman actors in two separate universes? What the hell is up with this other Joker movie and why am I hearing Tom Huddleston aka Loki is being considered for the Riddler? My head is about to explode
    If THEY'RE still unsure what's going on and still throwing stuff at the wall at this stage... yeah, they're in big trouble. Not that it wasn't already apparent...

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    just saw that Aquaman is opening on the same weekend as Bumblebee. Doesn't that seem like a terrible idea?
    The last Transformers film flopped, partly because it was eviscerated by Wonder Woman
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut