Page 1830 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 83013301730178018201826182718281829183018311832183318341840 ... LastLast
Results 27,436 to 27,450 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Lol you're way overestimating Mary Poppins. Not sure why though... Younger folks definitely won't care for it
    They had that gag with Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 though. Must have deliberately been put it in for synergy purposes. I also think a lot of children are shown Poppins on home video by their parents who have a fondness for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Is Joker really a compelling enough character to support his own movie without the Bat?
    I guess yes and it has good people involved but the Joker is like Michael Myers to me less is more with any back story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    BvS moved because it was opening against Civil War and it was a good decision it's opening weekend was huge and would had taken a hit if facing Civil War simply because it would had deluded the audience potential. Aquaman is going to take a hit between Bumblebee and Mary Poppins if you support Aquaman and want it to succeed to it's fullest potential you should want it to move.
    The problem is there's just no space though. Even January looks stronger than usual with Glass (had forgotten about that one previously) and the Hellboy reboot. As you said, December 7 is a vacant date but that's risking losing families where moms and dads are out shopping. Plus, Aquaman's legs will then be crushed by the simultaneous assault of Into The Spider-Verse (a movie that I think will be a bigger threat than Bumblebee), Mortal Engines, Bumblebee, Alita: Battle Angel and of course, Mary Poppins herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    BvS moved because it was opening against Civil War and it was a good decision it's opening weekend was huge and would had taken a hit if facing Civil War simply because it would had deluded the audience potential. Aquaman is going to take a hit between Bumblebee and Mary Poppins if you support Aquaman and want it to succeed to it's fullest potential you should want it to move.
    There is absolutely no where for Aquaman to move though. Every where is jam packed. If it's an entertaining, quality film, then it'll do just fine.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Is Joker really a compelling enough character to support his own movie without the Bat?
    I feel he's less a character than that he is a plot device in a suit. He's like a talkier Doomsday that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-a-go-1126127

The Joaquin Phoenix Todd Phillips-directed Joker movie is officially slated to begin production in September.

Looks like the Elseworlds films are happening, for better or for worse.
    The one thing that brings me hope for that project is that Phoenix has been really picky with his roles for the last ten years or so, he wouldn't have signed on if he didn't like the script and/or pitch.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

An Official Shazam Still has been released:

Looks like they're taking some story cues from Geoff Johns' Shazam, as expected - though Shazam brought soda instead of beer here.

(Maybe it's alcoholic soda?)

My bad, that is the Freddie actor.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Looks like they're taking some story cues from Geoff Johns' Shazam, as expected - though Shazam brought soda instead of beer here.

Nice!

Yep, it's based off the Johns' story all right .

The suit is definitely based on the New 52 look but the texture seems more "Captain Marvel."

Does it still have the random hood?

BANNED

I noticed nobody posted this.

It's been revealed that Djimon Hounsou plays the Wizard!
    http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/10/djim...shazam-wizard/

Terrific casting.

I think Shazam is going to be a WW-tier sleeper hit.

Dwayne Johnson stated that he won’t have a cameo in Shazam. Bummer. I really wanted to see a quick flashback or hint of the Wizard’s previous champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

Terrific casting.
    Kinda disappointed that Ron Cephas Jones dropped out. I think he has a more interesting look for the Wizard. He looks like he could play a North African or Middle Eastern character. I always thought The Wizard should have a mixed race look as he’s associated with gods from different cultures.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-11-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

Terrific casting.
    Actually, I posted a link about it earlier .

I do find it kind of amusing that he's going to be jumping from two different Captain Marvel movies from the Big Two .
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Dwayne Johnson stated that he won’t have a cameo in Shazam. Bummer. I really wanted to see a quick flashback or hint of the Wizard’s previous champion.
    If this Black Adam thing actually gets off the ground, I'm curious how soon before we see him go toe-to-toe with Billy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They had that gag with Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 though. Must have deliberately been put it in for synergy purposes. I also think a lot of children are shown Poppins on home video by their parents who have a fondness for the film.
    LOL home video
    the new generation has no particular memories to Poppins, its a shout out to adults starllord is like 40 or close to it and makes refrences that your preants will get but not the children