Page 1834 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 83413341734178418241830183118321833183418351836183718381844 ... LastLast
Results 27,496 to 27,510 of 28116
    Incredible Member

Ugh poor Barbara. I get that Harley Quinn is a marketing gold mine for DC but I wish they would have used that character for Gotham city Sirens which could have been good and made money based off of Harley alone and then whoever else they cast as Cat and Ivy. Don’t just rip Barbara’s team from her and slip Harley in it feels weird and off. I feel like you could do this same exact story for Cassandra with Cat and Ivy and call it and it GSS would work if not do better because Cat and Ivy have bigger name recognition than everyone in this birds of prey movie.
    Last edited by Bossace; 07-15-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow if this is true I’m pretty bummed. It’s not the Birds of Prey without Babs. And the plot, as Grace points out, has been done way too many times. “There’s a kid with special abilities that we have to rescue!” Yeah just saw that in Logan, Deadpool 2, and countless other movies. And David Cain as the villain?!? Out of all the amazing DC villains they chose him?

I would have much preferred a plot in which the BoP and the Gotham City Sirens have to join forces in an uneasy alliance. Not Harley taking Babs place in the Birds of Prey. I’m a Harley fan, but that just seems wrong.

I’m hoping this isn’t true.
    I'm the opposite. Im hoping this is all true and i couldn't be happier! Cassandra Cain finally getting some attention!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I doubt they would want to introduce Batgirl in a rated R film, so it makes sense she wouldn't be in this if the idea is to still do a Batgirl movie with her. Still not sure why a Haley Quinn movie is called Bird of Prey though, but this is the DCEU.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-15-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I doubt they would want to introduce Batgirl in a rated R film, so it makes sense she wouldn't be in this if the idea is to still do a Batgirl movie with her. Why a Haley Quinn movie is called Bird of Prey is what is confusing to me.
    Exactly just use the plot with Cassandra use Harley Cat and Ivy the characters have big name recognition and you’ll have a success. Margot Robbie will draw in the crowd alone. These other characters in BOP aren’t so big, I wish they would build Barbara up and lead it into BOP. I’m not sure why this had to be a BOP movie and not GSS.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Incredible Member

Guess we will know by tomorrow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow if this is true I’m pretty bummed. It’s not the Birds of Prey without Babs. And the plot, as Grace points out, has been done way too many times. “There’s a kid with special abilities that we have to rescue!” Yeah just saw that in Logan, Deadpool 2, and countless other movies. And David Cain as the villain?!? Out of all the amazing DC villains they chose him?

I would have much preferred a plot in which the BoP and the Gotham City Sirens have to join forces in an uneasy alliance. Not Harley taking Babs place in the Birds of Prey. I’m a Harley fan, but that just seems wrong.

I’m hoping this isn’t true.
    Well its not like BOP has great villains to choose from to begin with. Almost all villains associated with this project from Joker to Penguin to Black Mask so far are pure Batman villains.
    Still Grace isn't close to reliable as others have pointed out thus far.

Last thing I heard was that they were going for Penguin for the villain but that was months ago and the rumor mill is always in flux. I just want a good line up with something faithful to the source material while still doing some new things. I always hate when people get annoyed when people bring up the idea of being close to the source material by saying "its been done" or "we already saw that". I can guarantee not even a quarter of the GA can name a single issue of BoP or name a majority of the team's lineup.

Part of the appeal of these superhero movies about lesser known characters is being introduced to them for the first time. Getting something accurate to comics makes the jump to comics easier for new fans. Plus getting the actual tone, spirit, and character right should always be a priority.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

God this sounds so bad. Harley instead of Barbara? Why are they pushing Harley this much?

Quote Originally Posted by thebluefeline View Post
    God this sounds so bad. Harley instead of Barbara? Why are they pushing Harley this much?
    She's popular, at least outside of comic fandom that is.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebluefeline View Post
    Because money

I call BS on that Grace "scoop". Barbara Gordon, who's the only DC female character other than WW that has a standalone movie in development, isn't part of a team that she co-founded, but Cassandra is? Get outta here. It's SDCC week and it's only Monday, so we're bound to get nonsense like this until the real news start rolling.

And should there be any actual truth to it, that's total crap. Wouldn't you want to use a movie like this as a vehicle for Barbara the way Civil War was for T'Challa and BvS was for Diana.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-16-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I call BS on that Grace "scoop". Barbara Gordon, who's the only DC female character other than WW that has a standalone movie in development, isn't part of a team that she co-founded, but Cassandra is? Get outta here. It's SDCC week and it's only Monday, so we're bound to get nonsense like this until the real news start rolling.

And should there be any actual truth to it, that's total crap. Wouldn't you want to use a movie like this as a vehicle for Barbara the way Civil War was for T'Challa and BvS was for Diana.
    That seems like the most logical plan for her. Give the audience a sense of what she's like and if she is a stand out then fast track her movie. If not take your time to fix whatever issues where made.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Again though, this will be rated R. Which is probably not what they want to be going for with Batgirl.