Page 1840 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 84013401740179018301836183718381839184018411842184318441850 ... LastLast
Results 27,586 to 27,600 of 28116
    Mighty Member

Love the SHAZAM costume. Very SHAZAMY. Also, YES! for Cassandra Cain. Huge fan.

So who's going to be Batgirl in Batgirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think them doing BoP with Harley at the helm says all that needs to be said about Oracle.
    I think it says more about DC's emphasis on Harley and the creative control they've given Robbie more then anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Don't be surprised if Harley suddenly has mad hacker skills. lol
    I don't need another blonde, DCU, hacker in my life .
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm thinking Margot probably chose the line-up since she's really hands-on involved with the movie, while knowing the Batgirl movie was expected to have Barbara and like someone mentioned earlier, Gordon would probably be better suited for a non-R rated environment, so they went with another character who had previously carried the same mantle. Also, and I may be getting my facts wrong here, but didn't they mention the Batgirl movie was going to be an origin story? How would it be an origin story if either Babs or Cass were already active with the BoP earlier on. Or maybe it could be like the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie that's not dependent on continuity? Ugh, I'm losing my train of thought here.
    They haven't really clarified exactly what exactly is going on with the Batgirl film, other then indication Barbara will be the Batgirl in it (but even that's not set in stone in my opinion).

Ditto with Reeve's Batman film.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really hate the New 52 look. Captain Marvel should look like a golden age hero, this just doesn't have that feel at all.
    I think the original Captain Marvel look is definitely more unique, but I think this suit actually looks really good, all things considered .

(I still don't get the hood though. Does it still have the hood? It's hard to tell).

If they plan to make a Batgirl movie or have Babs appear in Reeves Batman flick, then Cass Cain probably won’t be referred to as “Batgirl” at any point in Birds of Prey. I just hope they don’t give her the god awful code name Orphan. Black Bat is a cool name but, again, there may be an embargo about using “Bat” references until they figure out what the hell theyre doing with the solo movie.

It’s possible that Lady Shiva is in the movie but not as a member of the BoP, but as the main villain. That would be a great way to showcase her as one of the best fighters in the DCU by taking on all the other women by herself. I really couldn’t care less about David Cain. Just a waste of a villain slot if he does appear.

I like Rene Montoya but not as The Question. Vic Sage will always be my favorite version of the character. If Rene is the Question in BoP it could ruin any chance of seeing Vic Sage in a tv show or future movie.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

So, Cass will apparently be 11 years old in BoP: https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...61034886291463

There're rumors of a 4th movie at the DC SDCC panel: https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/1019034557809491968
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-16-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She served a purpose as Batgirl.

Every DC hero's purpose is to wear a costume and do cool stuff. Batgirl meets the bare minimum of criteria, she didn't serve any less of a purpose than Batman, Robin, or Supergirl, her equivalent in the Super mtyhos.
    Oracle was pretty important to the DCU with her various connections to other heroes. As Batgirl, she's just another white girl in a superhero costume.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    So, Cass will apparently be 11 years old in BoP: https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...61034886291463
    Is this person usually reliable when it comes to this kind of info?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this person usually reliable when it comes to this kind of info?
    Daniel R. is really reliable, he's the one who said that Ava DuVernay was working on a New Gods movie before an official announcement. You can't say it was a lucky guess.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-16-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Oracle was pretty important to the DCU with her various connections to other heroes. As Batgirl, she's just another white girl in a superhero costume.
    Except she wasn’t. She should have been, but she wasn’t. And just look here. Who are the characters that make it into the BoP movie, the girls in the costumes.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-16-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    So who's going to be Batgirl in Batgirl?
    Two theories:

Theory 1: Barbara appears as Oracle in Birds of Prey and the Batgirl solo film is based on Gail Simone's New 52 run with Babs regaining the use of her legs and getting back into the suit.

Theory 2: Barbara remains as Oracle throughout the DCEU and becomes Cassandra's mentor, who takes on the mantle of Batgirl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She served a valid purpose in both roles, and at least as Oracle she also got to mentor the other Batgirls.
    And as Oracle she operated on a global level and was powerful enough to be in Morrison's Big Seven JLA.

Just my personal opinion:

Best Batgirl - Cass

Best role for Barbara - Oracle

I think that with Wheddon leaving the Batgirl project, WB/DC decided to change things up. I expect BoP to present to audiences Cassandra, Renee and co. alongside a Barbara Gordon as Oracle, so that in Batgirl we'll see Cass becoming the Batgirl. It would actually be quite cool, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

There're rumors of a 4th movie at the DC SDCC panel: https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/1019034557809491968
    Oh, DC wants their own X-23

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think that with Wheddon leaving the Batgirl project, WB/DC decided to change things up. I expect BoP to present to audiences Cassandra, Renee and co. alongside a Barbara Gordon as Oracle, so that in Batgirl we'll see Cass becoming the Batgirl. It would actually be quite cool, really.
    Especially if they save the David Cain/Lady Shiva plot for the Batgirl solo.