Page 1874 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 8741374177418241864187018711872187318741875 LastLast
Results 28,096 to 28,110 of 28116
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I don't care it's pure BS, but this is too fun to not share: https://gvnation.com/rumor-details-o...ome-the-joker/

LOL

Dark Knight Returns is a good story but it's also one of the most overrated stories in comics history even it's influence on Batman is overrated. Frank Miller didn't make Batman "Dark" again Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams deserves more credit for that all Miller did IMO was make Batman a borderline Psychopath which for an elseworlds is an interesting story but for an ongoing continuity is not a good starting point to follow IMO.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Renee Montoya and Cassandra Cain are in the film too. Of course I hope they go the Rebirth route with Helena. Would love to see a darker skin Helena (ala the actress who plays Maggie on Supergirl).
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't know why Americans seems to think that all Italians are somehow darker than North Africans... In the North, they look a lot like Swiss, Austrians and Germans. Sure, Sicilians are darker-skinned, like some Spaniards, but they aren't that dark. I mean, I'm half-Spanish, just as pale as any Southern French, really, and while I tan relatively easily and have distinct Spaniards features, I highly doubt that even after a summer on the beach I would be taken as anything else than White...
    Check out this recent video.
    Alexandra Daddario As Huntress Rumors

or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSwxAsj4cqg

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Genuinely glad he's not involved anymore. Starting a cinematic universe out of DKR was always a colossal blunder and possibly the reason things have been so difficult to catch on.
    ME TOO. I've felt for him in the past and I've defended him as an auteur though I've done more criticizing than defending since I don't typically like his work. I still typically argue for his right to make it. But this Dick Grayson business was the final straw with me. He can make whatever he wants if he'll just please keep his hands of these very few, very special characters and I'm passing glad he will be going forward.

This reminds me of how he "had fun" with Jimmy Olsen. Ugh. That's a stain that can't be washed out. So glad they dumped him before he killed Dick Grayson offscreen.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well after another cycle of "The Batman" rumors, an actual small update from Matt Reeves himself:

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-update/

“We are working on getting our draft [in] the next couple weeks,” Reeves said. “Right now, my head is totally into the script. Right now, I’m going to be leaving here to go back to work on the script.”

What’s more, this draft could be on the fast track to film early next year.

“What we’ve talked about is hopefully in the spring or early summer, something like that,” Reeves said.
    It’s been reported, and even inferred from Affleck himself, that he would not reprise the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in The Batman. Reeves said he was still speaking with Affleck, but was coy about who might play the caped crusader in the film.

“There are ways in which all of this connects to DC, to the DC universe as well,” Reeves said. “We’re one piece of many pieces so I don’t want to comment on that except to say that I’m focused very specifically on this aspect of the DC world.”

After the connected movies from Man of Steel through Justice League, DC announced plans to focus on more individual movies. That also gives Affleck an out, but Reeves’ suggestion that there’s a way to have Affleck involved, without ruling out recasting a younger Batman, is intriguing.

The most obvious idea could be that the Bruce Wayne we know as Ben Affleck could bookend the movie, recalling this case from his younger days. Two Batmen for the price of one!

Reeves added that the shift in direction for DC films did not alter his plans for The Batman.

“From the beginning, what I had always spoken about with Warner Brothers and what I was excited about was being in the Batuniverse and really doing something within that sphere,” Reeves said. “That was always what it was going to be so in that way it hasn’t changed a lot since I first met with them. It’s very much the same thrust if that makes sense. A lot of things have happened since then but the movie, and why I’m excited about it, is it continues to be the same inspirations and excitement of what we talked about in the beginning.”
    “We’re not doing any particular [comic],” Reeves said. “Year One is one of the many comic books that I love. We are definitely not doing Year One. It’s just exciting to be focused very specifically on a tale that is defining for him and very personal to him. Obviously we’re not doing an origin tale or anything like that. We’re doing a story that is definitively Batman though and trying to tell a story that’s emotional and yet is really about him being the world’s greatest detective and all the things that for me, since I was a kid, made me love Batman.”

While Reeves may be a Batman comic book aficionado, he will blend all his favorite Bat tales into something new, reflecting the decades-long history of Batman on screen.

“I’ve talked about making it a very point of view noir-driven definitive Batman story in which he is investigating a particular case and that takes us out into the world of Gotham,” Reeves said. “I went on a deep dive again revisiting all my favorite comics. Those all inform by osmosis. There’s no continuation of the Nolan films. It’s very much trying to find a way to do this as something that for me is going to be definitively Batman and new and cool.”

Am I the only one who really wants Affleck back as Batman? Feelings towards the material aside, I thought he was great in Batman v Superman, and from a strictly physical standpoint I find him to be the best Bruce Wayne/Batman yet. I'd love to see him playing the part in a film that the fans could universally get behind before he exits the role.

But maybe I'm standing on an island on this one. Wouldn't be the first time, either.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Affleck being back and no origin story is a plus for me .
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Am I the only one who really wants Affleck back as Batman? Feelings towards the material aside, I thought he was great in Batman v Superman, and from a strictly physical standpoint I find him to be the best Bruce Wayne/Batman yet. I'd love to see him playing the part in a film that the fans could universally get behind before he exits the role.

But maybe I'm standing on an island on this one. Wouldn't be the first time, either.
    I enjoy Affleck as Batman. I think he's a great Batman.

I'm just tired of this wishy-washy "will he or won't he" as far the role is concerned, and whether Affleck even wants to be Batman anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Affleck being back and no origin story is a plus for me .

I enjoy Affleck as Batman. I think he's a great Batman.

I'm just tired of this wishy-washy "will he or won't he" as far the role is concerned, and whether Affleck even wants to be Batman anymore.
    I agree. It is frustrating.

I can't say I blame him, though. I get the sense that Affleck genuinely enjoys playing Batman, but I also think he was taken off-guard by the backlash the films in which he played the role received. The chance of catching more of that criticism is where I assume most of his conflict over returning to the role stems.

Maybe that makes him a fair-weather fan, but again, I can't say I blame him. He more than anyone other than Snyder received a brunt of the criticism, I think, and most of it unfairly, too.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...ection-a162661

Following his earlier comments during the TCA summer press tour, Reeves has revealed that he is still "in contact" with Affleck in regards to the film, although he wouldn't elaborate any further.

One thing the director would confirm, though, is that The Batman will - however tenuously - have some kind of connection to the main "Worlds of DC."

“There are ways in which all of this connects to DC, to the DC universe as well,” said Reeves. “We’re one piece of many pieces, so I don’t want to comment on that except to say that I’m focused very specifically on this aspect of the DC world.”

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post

I'm in totaly agreement: Affleck was great in both BvS and JL, and I really want him to have a solo, as I'm really close to calling him my favorite live-action Batman. I just need to see a solo to confirm it.

As for Reeve's flick not being based on Year One, GOOD. Not taking anything away from the original story, but didn't Batman Begins already go over a decent portion of it? At least the Batman origin stuff and the relationship with Gordon. I'm ok with it being in the past, but, for the love of goodness, keep JK Simmons as Gordon. Love that man.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Incredible Member

I don’t need to see bruce’s Parents get shot. I don’t need to see him training and becoming the bat. I’ve seen that. Bvs showed me enough origin for Bruce for the DCEU then I’ll ever need. Just give me a good Batman movie where screen time isn’t wasted with the Bruce to bat transformation. Give me a somewhat established Batman fighting crime and I’ll be happy. Everyone knows his origin we don’t need to see it again. I’d love to see a villain that really hasn’t been used on the big screen before too. Keep it fresh!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"That's not a rumor. THEY ARE looking for an 11-12 year old girl to play Cass Cain."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...65747787948038

"Cassandra Cain is the focus of the movie (Birds of Prey), she's not just a background character..."

"Well...

Black Canary is the leader of the group

Harley Quinn is the Jack Sparrow of the group

Cassandra Cain is the focus of the story that makes the group come together

The rest are also important but these three are the leads and most important characters of the film."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...42600026943489

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "That's not a rumor. THEY ARE looking for an 11-12 year old girl to play Cass Cain."

"Cassandra Cain is the focus of the movie (Birds of Prey), she's not just a background character..."

"Well...

The rest are also important but these three are the leads and most important characters of the film."

Sounds interesting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"Well...

This kind of reminds me of how young Cass was initially depicted as while she was "Orphan."

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Good to hear that Dinah will be the leader and not Harley.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--