Page 3 of 1875 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast

I would prefer if they shared all live action stuff (movies and TV). But it won't happen.

They should focus on:

Building a new great shared DCAU with solid cartoons for past successes in Batman, Justice League, and Teen Titans. (I'd say give Static another go too).

Experiment with new shows for Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman.

TV shows
    They had great success with Smallville and now Arrow is getting really popular. Don't get too carried away (seems like what is happening) take your time and slowly create good shows.

Movies
    They screwed it up already IMO so guess we'll have to wait for a reboot. Best idea would to go ahead and make a justice league movie instead of a B/S movie and hope its success leads to popular solo movies (reverse of Marvel).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I didn't have that problem either, nor did most of the GA (judging by the audience reaction/box office returns). I just hand-waive it as "the other heroes have their own crap to deal with" and leave it at that.
    I don't think I heard a single review of Iron Man 3, Thor 2 or Captain America 2 that didn't ask "where were the rest of the Avengers?" No one really seemed to care that they didn't show up, but the question is certainly out there.

I posted this in the Batman vs Superman thread on the Superman board earlier, but it's probably more appropriate here. Apologies to mods if I broke a rule. Anyway, my DC Cinematic Universe:

If WB/DC want to get Darkseid on the big screen without the general audience thinking it's a copy of Marvel (I know it's the other way around, but non-readers don't know that), then they almost have to use him in JL. And really, Johns' first arc was more or less a movie script anyway. A few tweaks & it would work.

As for topping him in JL 2, I say go for the Crime Syndicate. After fighting the evil outside the gates in JL 1, it makes perfect sense to fight the evil "within". Or, in this case, exact mirror images. I'd change it up so that Superwoman is an evil WW instead of Lois Lane, and Owlman is Bruce & not Thomas Jr. Sort of like in "Justice Lords". And you have the actors play dual parts.

I'd save Brainiac for a Superman solo.

I'd tie it all in with hints in the solo movies forshadowing the Syndicate coming in JL 2, and then the solo's in "phase 3" would foreshadow Darkseid's return for an adaptation of Final Crisis in JL 3.

They've said 9 films after JL, right? to hell with Sandman & others, I'd love to see something similar to this:

Phase One

• Man of Steel: complete

• Man of Steel 2 (Bats vs Supes): on the way

• Justice League: Darkseid invades. Adapt JL: Origin by Johns.

Phase Two

• Justice League Confidential: Wonder Woman. This would be where we would see, in flashback, her time on Paradise Island. I'd go full on "Clash of the Titans" with it. Mythological creatures, Hades, Zeuss, you name it. Show her as a badass warrior. Guest-starring Bruce Wayne at some point, helping her set up a civilian I.D.

• Man of Steel 3: Doomsday crashlands on Earth, and Superman with no idea who sent him. Guest-star Wonder Woman. Superman dies at the midpoint. Funeral happens, mourning period. End on a Cliffhanger: Superman appears, suddenly alive (but it's actually Ultraman in a Superman suit. Some people hail him as the "second coming".

• Justice League Confidential: The Flash. Guest-starring Green Lantern (Hal or Jon, no difference here) and Cyborg. A CSI drama with superheroes. News reports on "Superman activities".

• Batman. Guest star Wonder Woman & "Superman". WW has doubts about "Superman", Batman investigates while also dealing with Gotham. Ends with "Superman" revealed as Ultraman & the arrival of the Crime Syndicate.

• Justice League 2. Batman, WW, Flash, Cyborg & Green Lantern vs the Syndicate. When all seems lost, Superman returns to save the day. His resurrection made possible by the codex hidden in his cells. Jor El's final gift.

Phase 3

• Justice League Confidential: Wonder Woman 2. While still adapting to "mans world", Paradise Island is attacked by Circe & the Female Furies from Apokolips.

• Batman 2: Batman does Batmanny stuff. Investigates the Dark Side Club in Gotham City. Perhaps a gang war between the Dark Side Club & Penguins Iceberg Lounge.

• Justice League Confidential: Guardians of Oa. The Green Lantern Corps, led by Hal & Jon, vs Sinestro. Guest-starring Superman in a cameo. The universe is at war: Apokolips & New Genesis have fallen, and everyone wants a piece of control. You could really throw in the cosmic characters here. Lobo, Thanagar, Mongul, etc. The Guardians warn that this is only the beginning.

• Justice League Confidential: Injustice League. A villain-centric film. Luthor amasses the Injustice League. Every villain you can toss in there, with adequate screen time for the big players. Could intro Black Adam. They fight each other at first, naturally, with Luthor striking a bargain and forming a league. Libra appears.

• Justice League 3: Final Crisis adaptation. No monitors, no Mandrak. Time begins to break down. Injustice League is forced to side with Libra. Cyborg is destroyed, instead of killing Martian Manhunter. Batman captured. Granny goes to Oa. Superman taken by a mysterious figure to the future (instead of by a monitor into the bleed) to see a machine that can save the timestream. Since Michael Irons is a badass, let it be Alfred that Darkseid incarnates into. batman shoots DS, Batman is killed (for real). Superman returns from the future to battle Darkseid. At the end, he makes his wish, Earth is saved. In the epqilogue, we find out the strange hooded man from the future was Superman himself, older.

Epilogue Phase

• Justice League Confidential: Crisis Aftermath. The World rebuilds. The heroes mourn Batman and Cyborg. Wonder Woman contemplates her mission, now that the God of Evil is destroyed. Clark Kent asks Lois to marry him. Nightwing becomes the new Batman. Wonder Woman returns to Paradise Island. The Amazons fade from our plane, ala Infinite Crisis, taking WW with it. Flash fights some rogues. GL returns to Oa.

• Man of Steel 4. Lois & Clark marry. Brainiac arrives. It's revealed that Brainiac was the one who sent Doomsday to kill the Kryptonian. Your general Superman vs Brainiac story. At the end, Superman narrates as we see the world, through montage, turn into a futuristic utopia. During the montage, we see Superman build the machine that he will later show his younger self. Here we'd get the ending of Millar's (or was it Waid?) planned story...as the sun goes red, and the Earth slowly dies, we see that Superman is the last being on this barren rock. His powers almost gone. He looks to the sun, smiling, as he says "It's been a good life. To be continued..." As the sun goes nova, the Earth & Superman are destroyed, their remains & atoms spread across the stars. An after credits scene reveals that millenia later, a piece of Kal's skull survived, and passes through a wormhole, and lands on ancient Krypton....

The End.

Ok, that would be 12 after JL. But I'd still love to see something like that.

Somebody get DC on the phone and get Clark_Kent a job right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lorec View Post
    Yes. He obviously put a lot of thought into it. Especially like how it all comes back to the Codex in the last movie. Would be awesome to see...

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I posted this in the Batman vs Superman thread on the Superman board earlier, but it's probably more appropriate here. Apologies to mods if I broke a rule. Anyway, my DC Cinematic Universe:
    Take my money now. All of it.

Hahahaha thanks guys for all the kind words. To be absolutely honest? I came up with all of that in an hour this morning. Someone on my facebook asked me "what do you think they'll do after Justice League?" This was mostly my answer

And for the record, I'd die to write just ONE issue of Superman or Batman. Even one of those fill-in issues between creative teams that most people skip :-P

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I think DCE should bank on it's episodic work. Arrow is running the table on that. Marvel has movies locked down. Own TV's and video games, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Thank you for sharing it, Clark!

Crime Syndicate would be awesome...everyone doing double roles in the movie

9 films under development....they haven't said much about movies (after JL). We already know 5 of those movies...4 movies are unannounced (might be solo franchises, or maybe sequels to JL).

I would certainly love to see the death of Superman...but I feel like that is too soon? (Might be because I am just reading it). Might look better on screen.

Awesome plan, by the way. As a comic book fan, I would love for this to be implemented....as a movie watcher, I am not so sure (is it too much for the general audience?).

I suppose that as long as they execute it well, it should be good.

I love the last bit about Kal's skull landing on ancient Krypton. Ingenious!
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Already said this on the old forums but I really prefer to have faith in WB for this instead of just waiting for them to screw this up big time. I am a big fan of both Marvel and DC and while I am really happy what Marvel is doing with the MCU (and for the most part I actually really love Fox΄Marvelverse as well), I also really wish WB a similar success. To me its not "Marvel or DC" like everyone else seems to be hellbent on, I want both universes on the big screen because I love them both.

I really liked Man of Steel and think it layed a good foundation for a DCCU and I particularly like it that it feels very different from the Marvel movies and more dark and gritty. Yes I know, people are getting seriously tired of dark and gritty by now but I think its imperative that the DCCU feels very different from any of the Marvelverses on film and creates an identity of its own.

Thats why I disagree with user Clark Kent actually. That whole "Phases" model is already being done by Marvel, WB shouldnt copy it. For the same reason Justice League: Origins shouldnt be adapted. Dont get me wrong I love both Geoff Johns and Jim Lee (my most fav artist of all time) and I actually really loved Origins as an Origin story for the JL but that story is basically (and oddly) almost an exact copy of The Avengers movie (except for a few details) so doing a JL movie like this would be way to similar to Avengers and come across as a copy of Marvels work. Not a good idea. WB needs to go in the exact opposite direction and come up with an original story that has its own feel, structure and identity seperate from Avengers. So forget the "Phases" model and forget adapting Origins to the big screen - WB needs to create something of its own not a darker mirage of Disneys Marvelverse.

Thats why I loved Man of Steel despite its undeniable flaws. At least it was something very different from Marvels stuff with a mythology and feel of its own that can really serve as the foundation of a DCCU that stands entirely on its own and cant be accused of duplicating Marvel all the time. These are two very different universes in the comics with a very different tone and characters (and thats the fun of reading both Marvel and DC for me - because they feel so different) - thats why the movie versions should be to.

While I would love for the movies to connect with the Arrowverse, it would limit both too much and it would require retroactively cramming things together to make things fit, which would not be a good idea. It would only work if Arrow had been conceived from the start as part of the movies (which is why Agents of SHIELD works as part of the MCU), which obviously is not the case.

So as awesome as it would be to see Amell and Gustin stand side by side with Cavill, Affleck, Gadot and Fisher - not gonna happen.

Personally I would love it if WB would release a new movie every 2 years or so and make smaller movies about lesser known or "greyer" characters in between (yeah I admit I want that Deathstroke movie).

But as for the bigger movies a good plan would be this:

Man of Steel
    Man of Steel 2 (introducing Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg and possibly others)
    Justice League
    Batman
    Flash
    Wonder Woman
    Justice League 2
    Man of Steel 3
    Batman 2
    Flash 2
    Wonder Woman 2
    Justice League 3

etc.

Those movies can then also be used to bring in some other DC heroes to test wether or not audiences respond well to them and if they do they can be then given solo movies as well.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If the JUSTICE LEAGUE film is an adaptation of Geoff Johns' stuff (which I highly doubt it will be), I won't see it. I hate his JUSTICE LEAGUE, and his neutering of the Fourth World characters.

I say go for White Martians and Starro. Starro could be wicked cool on screen. Think about it. THE AVENGERS fought off an alien invasion in Manhattan. That's cool and all, but for Superman to even need to call upon his fellow heroes, it needs to be a threat to all creation. Now think of Starro as some weird alien god that the White Martians worship. Say the JUSTICE LEAGUE is fighting for the very soul of Earth. Have them fighting creatures beyond imagination. Make it nuts.

I'd like to see a few NEW GODS films, before Darkseid is even in a JUSTICE LEAGUE flick. Do FINAL CRISIS as a film. Have Darkseid just conquer everything. Make him such a threat that Superman himself can barely stay in the same room as him. He is absolute order, and Superman is chaos. Superman comes from chaos. He is the ultimate equalizer. The Champion of those that are oppressed. Make Orion a JUSTICE LEAGUE member. He can be DC's SILVER SURFER. I don't want a weak little franchise only centering around the JL, I want a rich tapestry for the characters to interact with. If MARVEL is the world outside your window, than DC should be pure mythology. Alien sun gods, and immortal warrior princesses.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-02-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Man of Steel so far looks like it will make more money than Thor and Captain America 2. Franchises only get bigger as sequels are added. DC is going to be big.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Agreed. This is a major motion picture starring SUPERMAN, BATMAN, and WONDER WOMAN. It's going to crush everything.

The only flicks that might have a chance to compete would be AVENGERS 2 and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3.

My DC Cinematic Universe:

Phase 1:
    Shazam
    Metal Men
    Plastic Man
    Shazam/Metal Men/Plastic Man team-up

Phase 2 (all Kirby characters):
    Fourth World Trilogy
    Kamandi
    O.M.A.C.

That's how I roll. Deal with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lorec View Post
    Yeah that is not bad for Broad Strokes