Page 34 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844841345341034 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    This is also interesting news:
    Lego movie was brilliant, these guys could easily do SHAZAM

DOJ: Lexcorp Logo

http://instagram.com/p/pJSB-JP_1E/#

Thanks to Hydromix
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualNoobler View Post
    Lego movie was brilliant, these guys could easily do SHAZAM
    That would be absolutely amazing! Lego Movie was one of the best flicks I've seen in a while. Would love to see them bring that wit and heart to Shazam!

I AM A PROPHET:

However, if true, I would love if Phil Ford and Chris Miller directed. That's a random pick, but they're movies are always great.
    It should be Green Lantern/Flash. They proved with 21 Jump Street that they're great at buddy cop films.

Extraordinary Member

The logo reminds me of the X-Men one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    The logo reminds me of the X-Men one.
    Hh. Maybe that'll actually be a plot point? Lex is trying to develop his own super-men to take out Supes?

Mighty Member

Something is definitely brewing with a WW movie.

Ben Fritz @benfritz · 2h

Covering the Time Warner annual meeting at the WB lot. Get ready for some excitement!

Ben Fritz @benfritz · 2h

Of all Time Warner's upcoming movies and TV shows, the very first mentioned to shareholders by Bewkes is "Gotham"

Ben Fritz @benfritz · 32m

As shareholder complains WB not doing enough w/ female DC characters + not enough women in charge, many heads turn to DC prez Diane Nelson

Ben Fritz @benfritz · 27m

"I agree with you we haven't done as well as we potentially could do on the theatrical side" -- WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara re: DC Comics

Ben Fritz @benfritz · 26m

Hinting at a Wonder Woman movie someday, WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara says, "we have something we're not ready to announce."

Female Representation a Priority

Time Warner held their annual shareholders meeting on Friday, and according to an account from The Hollywood Reporter, DC Comics was a topic of conversation on a couple of different fronts.

The report states that a shareholder lamented the lack of female representation in DC Entertainment, describing the portrayal of women as "embarrassing" -- adding that he's not pleased with Marvel's track record with women, either. The unnamed shareholder is quoted as saying: "I would challenge you that there are simply not enough in-creative-control women at Warner Bros. that can develop these characters in ways that appeal to the audience."

DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson responded to the shareholder, saying that increasing visibility for both female characters and creators is a priority for the company. "At DC Entertainment we talk frequently about how we heighten the presence of female storytellers and creators with our comic books, digital and physical," she said. "How do we bring the female characters to light more?" Additionally, Nelson is quoted as saying that DC is "very conscious" of the issue, and that there is "more work to do," with plans for female characters in the works for both TV and film.

"I think if we talk again in a couple of years, you'll be pleased with the results," Nelson is quoted.

DC Comics superhero Wonder Woman, the most iconic and recognizable female superhero in history, will be portrayed by Gal Gadot in 2016's "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," the character's first appearance in a live-action feature film. A solo "Wonder Woman" film is also said to be in the works (Gadot reportedly is under a three-picture deal), with a recent rumor stating that it may be scheduled for July 2017.

Of the five DC Comics-based TV series that are slated for network TV next season, one stars a female character: "iZombie," based on Chris Roberson and Mike Allred's 2010-2012 Vertigo series. Rose McIver stars as Liv on the series, which is scheduled to debut on The CW midseason.

Additionally, various video clips of associated projects were shown to the audience, with THR stating that upcoming TV series "Gotham" was the best received, even getting an "audible gasp of approval" from the audience. "Gotham" is scheduled to debut on Fox this fall.
    Last edited by Triple J; 06-13-2014 at 06:21 PM.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Ultimate Member

If this turns out to be true, then maybe WB can finally beat Marvel at something (a female-led CBM). That should be a no-brainer given that the most iconic female superhero ever (and a member of the Trinity to boot) belongs to them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Holy Crap!

http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con/

Flash/Green Lantern team-up?!!

3 brand new DC movies in 2016?! That one I find hard to believe. Where are the scripts? Who's landed the roles?

RE: Shazam
    Is this what Dwayne Johnson and Jason Momoa have signed up to play: Shazam and Black Adam?

And last but absolutely not least...Wonder Woman movie in 2017! WOW!

Finke's track record as a Hollywood gossip maven is fairly accurate. Still, even as a dyed-in-the-wool DC fan, I am a bit skeptical we're going to have a DC deluge.

However, if this rumor pans out? I am so not gonna complain!
    holy mother of god.
    if this is true i'll kiss nikki so much, he face would rot/

Jason Momoa will play Aquaman in 'Dawn Of Justice,' and we know how it will happen

So remember a few weeks ago when Jason Momoa made headlines because he said he was tired of being asked if he was going to play Aquaman in "Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice"?

Well, he's totally playing Aquaman in "Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice."

While Warner Bros. hasn't made that announcement officially yet, HitFix can confirm that he will be playing the part, and that Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for the character so shooting can take place soon.

One of the things that has driven me crazy since the release of "Man Of Steel" is when people say that the last act of the film is a problem since there's no consequences for Superman after all of the destruction that results from his battle with Zod. I felt like it was pretty clear walking out of the theater that the next film would have to be all about consequences. I suspected that Lex Luthor would use the destruction as a way of making Superman look like a monster, and it sounds like that is indeed one of the major ideas that they're playing with in "Dawn Of Justice."

Someone else who's not particularly happy about what happened in that film is Aquaman. I'm not sure if that's the actual name they'll use or not, but what we're hearing is that he is not pleased about the World Engine and what it did to the Indian Ocean. He will not have a major role in the film, but he will make an appearance, and it definitely sets him up to return once Snyder gets to "Justice League."

So don't keep asking Momoa about the rumor. It's driving him crazy, and he's got to be sworn to secrecy. But rest assured that when "Dawn Of Justice" arrives in theaters in 2016, we're going to see the king of Atlantis onscreen, and Vinnie Chase will have nothing to do with it at all.

"Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice" arrives in theaters May 6, 2016.
    Source: HitFlix

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Jason Momoa will play Aquaman in 'Dawn Of Justice,' and we know how it will happen

Source: HitFlix
    While he's definitely not my first choice I think it'll work for the DC movieverse and help to portray Aquaman as a more serious character since the general non comic book reading public probably still sees him as a joke. "The guy who talks to fish" and all that. Momoa as Arthur will go a long way to changing how the public perceives the character. Though I think his look is a bit more suited for Namor.
    Or maybe Darkseid or Martian Manhunter because of his physique and prominent brow.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-14-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    While he's definitely not my first choice I think it'll work for the DC movieverse and help to portray Aquaman as a more serious character since the general non comic book reading public probably still sees him as a joke. "The guy who talks to fish" and all that. Momoa as Arthur will go a long way to changing how the public perceives the character. Though I think his look is a bit more suited for Namor.
    Or maybe Darkseid or Martian Manhunter because of his physique and prominent brow.
    That I agree. Although I am still not sure whether this is true..I think it's just a rumor (he did mention that he wasn't interested, right?).

Or maybe he was trying to mislead people....especially with the secrecy around all the [recent] DC film(s)?

I've only seen one performance of him and it's on the Game of Thrones, and believe me that his role and character there was Intimidating as fuck most amazing character in that show. He is a supporting role but he carries every scene he's with. I'm sure that he'll bring legitimacy to Aquaman in the big screen, Pretty fucking sure about that.

Blue Beetle in Arrow: More DC characters in S3

Casting calls for four new characters:

DANIEL: Though Daniel could be a fake name to throw off spoilerholics, this 20something gent — a major recurring character for Season 3 — is a handsome, enigmatic and highly intelligent entrepreneur developing groundbreaking technology. (Picture a business magnate in Ryan Gosling’s body.) Though exuding charm and confidence in public, he privately harbors a tragic past that will drive him to become a tech-powered superhero. Watch for this formidable fella to be a love interest for Felicity and a rival of Oliver’s – both personally and professionally.

SETH: A well-educated criminal with grand ambitions and a knack for chemistry, this potentially recurring character gains power over his enemies by exposing them to a drug that drains their willpower. Oh, and he is very much a physical match for The Arrow.

TOSHI: Majorly recurring in (at least) the Hong Kong flashbacks, Toshi will serve as Oliver’s teacher and handler, and eventually become a friend. A well-trained operative, skilled in weaponry, combat and intelligence gathering, he is also a devoted father and husband.

AKIKO: Toshi’s wife is another of Oliver’s Hong Kong caretakers, and is herself highly skilled in martial arts.
    Daniel could be Blue Beetle (Throw us off guard? Plus, Kord Industries have made some appearance in the past..in Arrow).

Source: http://tvline.com/2014/06/14/arrow-s...love-interest/