Page 370 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 2703203603663673683693703713723733743804204708701370 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 28116

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...details-emerge

New rumor that WB is gonna scrap the Cyborg movie in favor of a Teen Titans film. While I would love to see a Titans flick it would suck if the Cyborg movie is cancelled. Sure he's not a huge character at the moment but I'm sure he'll be a household name after Justice League part 1 and 2.
    And this news is a huge contradiction to them wanting to "focus on diversity". How does cancelling your only solo film staring an African American superhero help focus on diversity?

As far as using a gay superhero I really hope they use one of their existing gay character and don't do something like make Dick Grayson or John Stewart gay. Obsideon is such an underused character with a cool design and awesome powers. Would love to see him featured in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...details-emerge

New rumor that WB is gonna scrap the Cyborg movie in favor of a Teen Titans film. While I would love to see a Titans flick it would suck if the Cyborg movie is cancelled. Sure he's not a huge character at the moment but I'm sure he'll be a household name after Justice League part 1 and 2.
    And this news is a huge contradiction to them wanting to "focus on diversity". How does cancelling your only solo film staring an African American superhero help focus on diversity?

As far as using a gay superhero I really hope they use one of their existing gay character and don't do something like make Dick Grayson or John Stewart gay. Obsideon is such an underused character with a cool design and awesome powers. Would love to see him featured in a movie.
    No DC has to change already established characters to show how diverse they are instead of using already diverse characters.

I had absolutely no faith that they'd come through on a Cyborg movie. This is DC we're talking about.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Here and there isn't good enough. BvS will potentially be the biggest movie of 2016 and you aren't doing anything to promote or advertise it? The movie comes out in 4 months, you say? Good, there's no better time like now.

That would be like if I got started on a class project on the due date.

Edit: If the rumor is true about a Cyborg solo film being merged with Teen Titans, then no one would be more pissed then me. Let the guy move on already.
    You can easily over market a movie like spiderman . They've already shown a lot for BVS. No need to show anymore. Although we will get another trailer for Star wars. Market has been solid so far.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I had absolutely no faith that they'd come through on a Cyborg movie. This is DC we're talking about.
    Actually, it would be WB you would be talking about.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

You mean WB? DC doesn't make their own films. Ever since Kevin Tujihara took over we've been getting a lot of new DC stuff that isn't Batman and superman

Here and there isn't good enough. BvS will potentially be the biggest movie of 2016 and you aren't doing anything to promote or advertise it? The movie comes out in 4 months, you say? Good, there's no better time like now.

That would be like if I got started on a class project on the due date.

Edit: If the rumor is true about a Cyborg solo film being merged with Teen Titans, then no one would be more pissed then me. Let the guy move on already.
    There's still plenty of time to start the marketing barrage. Star Wars had very few trailers and ads a few months ago but now that we're a month out the madness has begun. Late January early February I'm sure every where you look you'll see Batman v. Superman.

And I agree about Cyborg. Right now people can say a movie about the character won't work but in just a few short years Vic will have co-starred in 2 of the biggest movies ever. Ask the average person who Captain Marvel is and they either won't know or will think of Billy Batson but after Carol appears in the next few Marvel movies it's gonna be a lot easier to picture her headlining her own movie.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-27-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Plus it's only a rumour.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Still no marketing for BvS huh? Warner Bros needs to start being more aggressive.
    Ummm, there has been plenty of BvS marketing, clearly the Sneak peak after Gotham is a marketing ploy, the several magazines it has grossed, it's online Lex corp marketing etc. They can't do anything much more now until Star Wars blows over, it and everything will literally be overshadowed by it.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

The Cyborg movie wasn't scheduled until 2020. So many things can still change before then. If his character does see an explosion of popularity coming off the JL movies then of course they would consider a solo movie again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Ummm, there has been plenty of BvS marketing, clearly the Sneak peak after Gotham is a marketing ploy, the several magazines it has grossed, it's online Lex corp marketing etc. They can't do anything much more now until Star Wars blows over, it and everything will literally be overshadowed by it.
    Pretty much. BVS first teaser gathered around 94 million hits across the web and nearly 20 million it's first 24 hours. It's second comic con trailer did even more. It's one of the most anticipated movies next year (Around #1), while Suicide Squad is close behind. WB will have a huge year in 2016. They've done plenty of marketing so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Eh we all know what he is saying. Yeah I guess Teen Titans works.......do we have to share a movie with John and Hal though....Hal failed time for someone else to get a shot but either way they better keep the story in space and not use a cloud monster

Ultimate Member

How about no giant diarrhea monsters or character's with lima bean-heads? That'd be nice.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Looking forward to the GL Corps movie, shame it won't be out till 2020. As for Cyborg being retooled into a Teen Titans movie, I guess it could work, but I say why not give Cy a chance to shine on his own. If he's going to be in the Justice League films, he might be able to hold his own by the time his flick is set to come out.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Eh we all know what he is saying. Yeah I guess Teen Titans works.......do we have to share a movie with John and Hal though....Hal failed time for someone else to get a shot but either way they better keep the story in space and not use a cloud monster
    This would be like saying we should have given someone else a shot as Batman instead of Bruce because Batman and Robin bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    How about no giant diarrhea monsters or character's with lima bean-heads? That'd be nice.
    And better costumes. Man that thing was an eyesore.

Not sure if the Titans movie happening instead of Cyborg is true, but I'm down. It'd be way more interesting than a Cyborg solo. Love Vic, but he doesn't have a mythos to adapt into a successful property. Maybe they should make him the leader of the team, though that leaves us wondering what they're going to do with Dick (solo Nightwing? Agent 37? Dead as a door nail?).
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 11-27-2015 at 08:12 PM.