Page 4 of 1875 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Thank you for sharing it, Clark!

Crime Syndicate would be awesome...everyone doing double roles in the movie

9 films under development....they haven't said much about movies (after JL). We already know 5 of those movies...4 movies are unannounced (might be solo franchises, or maybe sequels to JL).

I would certainly love to see the death of Superman...but I feel like that is too soon? (Might be because I am just reading it). Might look better on screen.

Awesome plan, by the way. As a comic book fan, I would love for this to be implemented....as a movie watcher, I am not so sure (is it too much for the general audience?).

I suppose that as long as they execute it well, it should be good.

I love the last bit about Kal's skull landing on ancient Krypton. Ingenious!
    oh, absolutely. For the regular audience, it's way too much. My plan basically requires that you see every film, and you can't miss any. It'd never work.

But for me, personally, I'd just love to see it. If nothing else, it'd make a pretty wicked graphic novel series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    My DC Cinematic Universe:

Phase 1:
    Shazam
    Metal Men
    Plastic Man
    Shazam/Metal Men/Plastic Man team-up

Phase 2 (all Kirby characters):
    Fourth World Trilogy
    Kamandi
    O.M.A.C.

That's how I roll. Deal with it.
    You only approach this from your personal view as a comic book fan but those kind of movies would fail big time with a general audience. A successful DCCU must be able to appeal to comic fans AND the general audience (which lets face it makes up the majority of ticket buying viewers). Thats why the MCU works. Thats why the early Spider-Man and X-Men films worked. Marvel is getting bolder now with stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy, which they can afford because they have the audience wrapped around their fingers now. But if they had started with Guardians instead of Iron Man or had done it before Avengers it would become their own personal Green Lantern.

As a comic fan myself I get it that you want all that lesser known and outlandish stuff on the big screen but it would never ever work if you do these kind movies right out the gate.

Someone suggested a Final Crisis Adaptation - please no. I HATE FC with a vengeance. Its such a confusing, overloaden, dragging mess of a story. General audiences would walk out of the theater after 20 minutes.

You only approach this from your personal view as a comic book fan but those kind of movies would fail big time with a general audience. A successful DCCU must be able to appeal to comic fans AND the general audience (which lets face it makes up the majority of ticket buying viewers). Thats why the MCU works. Thats why the early Spider-Man and X-Men films worked. Marvel is getting bolder now with stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy, which they can afford because they have the audience wrapped around their fingers now. But if they had started with Guardians instead of Iron Man or had done it before Avengers it would become their own personal Green Lantern.
    Well, I was jesting, of course. In real life if I was in charge I would have to make a bunch of more mainstream movies and slip in the quirkier ones (that I'd favor) every once and a while.

... but if I was given a billion dollars and told to make a dozen movies that wouldn't have to turn a profit my lineup would remain unchained!

After all, the Speed Racer movie lost millions and wast a critical flop, but I've seen it a good half-dozen times now, so for me that's a hit movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade Wilson View Post

Someone suggested a Final Crisis Adaptation - please no. I HATE FC with a vengeance. Its such a confusing, overloaden, dragging mess of a story. General audiences would walk out of the theater after 20 minutes.
    I hear this about Final Crisis being confusing all the time, but nobody ever states why. Without turning this into another anti-Morrison thread, what about it is confusing to you? I don't mean this in a snarky way, either, so I hope I don't offend.

BANNED

To be fair it was more complicated then the usual event fare.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    To be fair it was more complicated then the usual event fare.
    To be fair, the usual event fare is about as complex as a Transformer movie.
    Not that I think a direct adaptation of Final Crisis would work as a movie. Still, better something inspired by that than by Geoff Johns' first arc on Justice League.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Ultimate Member

I remember the final issue being really confusing. I was following it fine up until then. But that whole issue had me constantly asking WTF was going on?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    To be fair, the usual event fare is about as complex as a Transformer movie.
    Not that I think a direct adaptation of Final Crisis would work as a movie. Still, better something inspired by that than by Geoff Johns' first arc on Justice League.
    Putting aside how bad the Johns arc is for a moment, adapting it would basically make the Justice League movie look like a carbon copy of Whedon's Avengers.

Rock of the Ages would probably work a lot better than Origin or Final Crisis, but it might be too similar to Days of Future Past.

Ultimate Member

Or something like the White Martian invasions. Make it more celebral and suspenseful. Hype up the paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Or something like the White Martian invasions. Make it more celebral and suspenseful. Hype up the paranoia.
    Would make sense, especially if they want to have the Martian Manhunter in the movie.

Ultimate Member

Heck, they could adapt Throne of Atlantis. Not only is it a good story and very "cinematic" already, but it'd be a cool way to introduce Aquman into the film-verse.

Heck, they could adapt Throne of Atlantis. Not only is it a good story and very "cinematic" already, but it'd be a cool way to introduce Aquman into the film-verse.
    I kinda have a hard time seeing Man Of Steel Superman struggling against Atlanteans.
    but at least that would avoid the alien invasion.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I don't think an army of Aquamen would be a good idea for the first big JUSTICE LEAGUE film.

It's just too hookey, and not a big enough threat for the guy who took the World Engine to his chest and barely broke a sweat.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

For this film to work and be entertaining, you kind of have to keep Geoff Johns stuff far away. It's just not what the JUSTICE LEAGUE as a franchise needs, to differ from the AVENGERS.

Ultimate Member

Depends on how they do it. A highly trained army of super-strong battle-hardened warriors with highly advanced technology could be a serious threat. Especially if they do the "drown the coast" part of the Atlantean's battle plan. Plus, Ocean Master took out Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman all at once with his trident, so you can make him a serious threat pretty easily.