Page 441 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 3413914314374384394404414424434444454514915419411441 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 28116
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    With the Deadpool movie coming out... why would they bring Deathstroke to the big screen? You already have a swordswielder in SS and its not Slade. Can't see them do it.
    Why not? Slade is a fantastic character that goes beyond "Guy with Big Swords". And I say that as a big Deadpool fan (back to the Kelly days), but Slade shouldn't be scorned just because Wade made it to the Big Screen first. Sad thing is, Deadpool has a great solo out right now and Slade... sigh... Let's hope 2016 puts him back on track.

BANNED

A Deathstroke movie is more than a great idea. It's a goddamn no-brainer! If WB decides to go R, they should do it with Deathstroke. His movie should be the Anti-Deadpool. No stupid quips or forced humor. A Deathstroke movie should be serious business.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    A Deathstroke movie is more than a great idea. It's a goddamn no-brainer! If WB decides to go R, they should do it with Deathstroke. His movie should be the Anti-Deadpool. No stupid quips or forced humor. A Deathstroke movie should be serious business.
    Above anything else, a Deathstroke movie should tackle Slade's family, because that's the one thing that sets him apart from other cool mercs. Deadshot's got his death wish/no reason to live, Deadpool has his insanity and Deathstroke has his family.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Above anything else, a Deathstroke movie should tackle Slade's family, because that's the one thing that sets him apart from other cool mercs. Deadshot's got his death wish/no reason to live, Deadpool has his insanity and Deathstroke has his family.
    New52 Deadshot still has a daughter, doesn't he?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    New52 Deadshot still has a daughter, doesn't he?
    Both a daughter (Rose) and a son (Jericho). We also saw his father in the newer vol. Problem is, the series spends more time in "bAmBOOOMtshBOOOOMbaaam" fights, rather than telling an actual story. The few times a story is the focal center, it's cliched and boring. I'm really hoping REBIRTH bings some good stuff for Slade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Both a daughter (Rose) and a son (Jericho). We also saw his father in the newer vol. Problem is, the series spends more time in "bAmBOOOMtshBOOOOMbaaam" fights, rather than telling an actual story. The few times a story is the focal center, it's cliched and boring. I'm really hoping REBIRTH bings some good stuff for Slade.
    Uh, he said Deadshot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Uh, he said Deadshot.
    Oh, dangit. That's what you get when you try to respond after waking up. As for Floyd, I think he still has one child in Post-Nu52 continuity.

Mighty Member

RUMOR: Deathstroke Is Being Planned For An Upcoming DCEU Role

Its been no secret that DC has decided to keep their movie and TV universes separate. Fans know and understand this fact, but the unfortunate byproduct is that some characters become off-limits to the TV universe when the Movie universe is planning (or already is) using said character. We have seen this with the obvious absence of Batman and Superman, but when Arrow removed Deadshot, and now Amanda Waller, fans took notice.

Now a new rumor has emerged that this is the reason we haven't seen Deathstroke since his brief cameo (following his major Season 2 arc) in Season 3.

Recently on Marc Guggenheim's (Writer, producer, and creator for Arrow, The Flash, and Legends Of Tomorrow) tumblr, a fan asked the following question:

gintoki79 asked:

You said that only Deadshot was off-limits, and Amanda Waller & Deathstroke are safe. But you guys killed Waller off just like that, and she doesn't seem like she will ever return(Because bullet to head). Who's next to be killed off? Katana? Once Deathstroke arrives in the DC movie, will he be also killed off too? This is really frustrating, that all awesome characters are being written off, because of the Suicide Squad movie, and is a slap to the face of Arrow fans.
    Marc Guggenheim:

Um… I never said that.
    But another fan question seemingly sealed the deal.

greenarrow-bbb asked:

Any possible chance of either Slade or Walter returning throughout the rest of Season 4? #Arrow
    Marc Guggenheim:

The character of Slade Wilson is currently tied up in another DC project. Walter is more likely.
    Now reddit has run rampant citing this (among other things) as definite proof that 'Arrow' is no longer allowed to use this character because of an upcoming inclusion in the DC cinematic universe.

In the past rumors have circulated that DC has Deathstroke playing a secret key role in the upcoming Suicide Squad, and other rumors have indicated that the character was poised to be the primary antagonist of the now failed TNT Teen Titans TV Series.

While no actual confirmation has been made to where the character currently stands, one thing is clear, DC's TV Universe can no longer use him because he is being used elsewhere.
    source

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    RUMOR: Deathstroke Is Being Planned For An Upcoming DCEU Role

source
    If true...

Let's hope that also means a more classic Slade will return. He always was in my Top 10, but the recent series has really left a bad taste in mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well the thing is this is supposed to be an older more gruff Bruce/Batman. He's not really doing the drunken billionaire playboy routine anymore. He's been Batman for nearly 20 years at this point and Wayne Manor has been destroyed. He's serious businessman Bruce Wayne now. He's probabaly become a bit complaisant until now. Suddenly an alien sun god is flying around and the Joker has escaped Arkham. He has to go back to work now.
    I can see that. I just think there should be a little more charisma or energy in how he acts as Bruce Wayne, which I'm just not getting from Affleck's performance so far, but it might very well be deliberate because Bruce really isn't trying anymore because of his age and weariness.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see that. I just think there should be a little more charisma or energy in how he acts as Bruce Wayne, which I'm just not getting from Affleck's performance so far, but it might very well be deliberate because Bruce really isn't trying anymore because of his age and weariness.
    i think he's trying to be this Bruce Wayne.

the world weary Bruce.

this Bruce Wayne was almost like Bruce Banner. trying to keep a calm boring demeanor because there was this rage filled Bat demon clawing as the edges of his psyche trying to break free. he even took up racing to satisfy his need for an adrenaline rush. from what i've seen Affleck is playing it well. yeah he seems very low key as Bruce but you can tell there is some serious rage behind his eyes. especially when he sees the note that says "You let your family die".
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-08-2016 at 10:48 AM.

This could be the trailer music (new trailer coming soon!).

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i think he's trying to be this Bruce Wayne.

the world weary Bruce.

this Bruce Wayne was almost like Bruce Banner. trying to keep a calm boring demeanor because there was this rage filled Bat demon clawing as the edges of his psyche trying to break free. he even took up racing to satisfy his need for an adrenaline rush. from what i've seen Affleck is playing it well. yeah he seems very low key as Bruce but you can tell there is some serious rage behind his eyes. especially when he sees the note that says "You let your family die".
    True, but he was more nuanced than that as well.

It was also that Bruce Wayne who was able to forgive Joe Chill.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    This could be the trailer music (new trailer coming soon!).

That was pretty rad. Hopefully this trailer cools it on the "Dawn of Justice" bit. Rather save that for the film.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Mighty Member

New trailer might be playing with Deadpool on Friday.

http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/si...e-_WK_7_US.pdf