Page 52 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Movies never been 100% accurate to the comics to be honest.
    True, but I don't they'll be teaming up Barry Allen with Kyle Rayner or John Stewart. I also suspect that they are doing a team up rather than a solo GL film because they are using the same character. I'm guessing they are a little gun shy to give him his own movie.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    True, but I don't they'll be teaming up Barry Allen with Kyle Rayner or John Stewart. I also suspect that they are doing a team up rather than a solo GL film because they are using the same character. I'm guessing they are a little gun shy to give him his own movie.
    Fair enough. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    I'm waiting for that, too. Hopefully we learn what's going on with Green Lantern at Comic-Con (specifically as in which GL they will use). It's really encouraging to hear that the makers of The Lego Movie had to campaign to use Hal Jordan because WB didn't want them to. That's the best news I've heard in a while
    Heh, did you see how they used Hal, though? Easily the best version of Jordan, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    For a movie it honestly wouldn't make a difference if you want to be nitpicky.

I would just assume its Hal because on every Justice League and Green Lantern promotional thing outside of the comics its been Hal for the last 3 years
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I would just assume its Hal because on every Justice League and Green Lantern promotional thing outside of the comics its been Hal for the last 3 years
    Well... there is that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Actors saying "I want to be x character" doesn't mean that any studio exec will actually change their mind and suddenly include that character in their movies. They know it's meaningless chatter too.
    Well, duh. But if the actors know that the studio is looking for a certain role, sometimes it's in their interest to get their name out there for that role, or maybe someone has contacted them about it. I seriously doubt, out of the blue, some huge stars (like The Rock) suddenly start talking about John Stewart, all generally around the same time, unless they know something is going on with the character.

The Denzel rumour was called complete BS by every credible rumour source out there. Denzel is way too well known and expensive to play the 4 most important JL member and he's also way too old. Someone just made that up to get clicks, just like Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor.
    You seem to miss the points of what I'm saying, even though I believe they're pretty clear. I'm not saying the Denzel rumor was or wasn't accurate. The point is, the more this character is talked about by people in the business, the more this character is mentioned by people supposedly in the know, who probably don't even know each other, the higher the chance WB is actually looking to do something with the character.

------

About other issues, honestly, most people (who know of these characters) are used to The Flash being buddies with John Stewart via the Justice League cartoons.

To them, The Flash is The Flash. He's one guy, even though he really isn't. The White Green Lantern is obviously different from the Black one, and WB has already suffered from using the White one. Being "traditional" and "true to the comic" has already cost them dearly. Do they really want to go through that exercise again? Doubtful.
    Last edited by Desh; 06-25-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Scoot McNairy has been cast in BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Well, duh. But if the actors know that the studio is looking for a certain role, sometimes it's in their interest to get their name out there for that role, or maybe someone has contacted them about it. I seriously doubt, out of the blue, some huge stars (like The Rock) suddenly start talking about John Stewart, all generally around the same time, unless they know something is going on with the character.
    ...or the Rock just likes John Stewart. It's not that hard to believe.

You seem to miss the points of what I'm saying, even though I believe they're pretty clear. I'm not saying the Denzel rumor was or wasn't accurate. The point is, the more this character is talked about by people in the business, the more this character is mentioned by people supposedly in the know, who probably don't even know each other, the higher the chance WB is actually looking to do something with the character.
    The people "in the know" have been totally wrong about this movie (and almost every other DC movie, remember when Krypton was rumoured not to blow up?) almost every single time. We see a rumours about DC movies almost every week, yet only a select few of them are actually true. And Chris Pine being Hal Jordan and Hal Jordan "absolutely" being in the movies (from two seperate sources are seperate times) were actually rumours of their own (which, like all the JS rumours, turned out to be completely wrong).

This guy echoes my sentiments about a possible Green Lantern/Flash team up movie.

The Hal Jordan/Barry Allen dynamic is simply the best version of the relationship between the two heroes and WB/DC would be smart to exploit that potential.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 06-26-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    This guy echoes my sentiments about a possible Green Lantern/Flash team up movie.

The Hal Jordan/Barry Allen dynamic is simply the best version of the relationship between the two heroes and WB/DC would be smart to exploit that potential.
    The odds are great that Hal will be in the JL movie, despite the obvious fact he's a failed concept (yes, I'm joking - nobody seriously believes that, whatever you hear). However, I could definitely see Barry and John in their buddy film due to the black-white dynamic.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post

110% agreed.

That's the classic duo that fans will show up in droves to see depicted. And they have multi-generational appeal.

Scoot McNairy has been cast in BvS.

...or the Rock just likes John Stewart. It's not that hard to believe.

The people "in the know" have been totally wrong about this movie (and almost every other DC movie, remember when Krypton was rumoured not to blow up?) almost every single time. We see a rumours about DC movies almost every week, yet only a select few of them are actually true. And Chris Pine being Hal Jordan and Hal Jordan "absolutely" being in the movies (from two seperate sources are seperate times) were actually rumours of their own (which, like all the JS rumours, turned out to be completely wrong).
    As someone pointed out in another thread since the new 52 is still "fresh" it would make sense to have the JLA be Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Barry Allen, Hal Jordan and Cyborg. That is the line up in the comic and will most likely be the lineup in the movie.

So, Flash?

Or could it be someone else?

I hope it is Flash.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Daily Planet

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is heading to the Daily Planet, according to an email sent out to extras that was obtained by MLive. The scene was shot earlier today, but could still be going on right now since it was expected to take up to 14 hours. The casting email also said that “citizens” were needed for the scene. Man of Steel ended with Clark Kent getting a job at the Daily Planet, so it’ll be interesting to see if Henry Cavill or Amy Adams are present in this scene as well.

Those military and EMT vehicles that were spotted on set a couple of weeks ago may finally be put to work. According to MLive, extras are needed this Friday for scenes that require police officers, firefighters, SWAT team members and EMTs.

Source: http://batman-news.com/2014/06/25/ba...-daily-planet/
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    So, Flash?

Or could it be someone else?

I hope it is Flash.
    I don't think he is Flash. Grayson is more likely or a villain.

Spectacular Member green blogger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    As someone pointed out in another thread since the new 52 is still "fresh" it would make sense to have the JLA be Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Barry Allen, Hal Jordan and Cyborg. That is the line up in the comic and will most likely be the lineup in the movie.
    No Aquaman??? But I agree that Barry and Hal should be in the movie.