Page 547 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 4744749753754354454554654754854955055155759764710471547 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 28116
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Critics trashing this movie (rating it below X-Men Origins and Daredevil 2003) need to get wrecked. The movie was solid.

My rating B+

Let it live!

Watched it, and enjoyed the hell out of it.

An amazing Comic book movie (it is what is). It has flaws for sure, editing could have been a lot better (time to get a better editor!); would have made all the story points flow more seamlessly.

8.5-9 out of 10 for me.

There are some weird things in there for sure. Like someone at SHH forums mentioned, it's akin to Morrison's JLA - Ambitious, perhaps doesn't do everything well, but boy when it does - it's freaking amazing. This is a standout film of the genre.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

All-New Member

Is it REALLY Green Lantern Levels of Bad??

what makes this movie (if it is) Still bearable when compared to the GL and Fantastic Four 2015 (no spoilers)??

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rugal 3:16 View Post

what makes this movie (if it is) Still bearable when compared to the GL and Fantastic Four 2015 (no spoilers)??
    Not even close. The movie suffered from having too many ideas stuffed into one film - but a lot of them were good ideas and the superhero physics were amazing. The pieces didn't get sewn together just right, but this was the most "real" superhero movie ever made. That does come off a bit grim, because honestly having to save the world every week is a grim idea to begin with

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

It is NOT at all like those two mentioned. Not even close.

I would say BvS is an entirely different kind of comic book movie. it is NOT a MARVEL movie at all. Now, I like the Marvel films (most of them),but this is just one step above. It's very ambitious, perhaps too much so for it's own good at times, and the editing in the first half is problematic,but I didn't have any issue following the plot. It's not a "popcorn" movie. I think that's why there is so much hate from critics. They expected lighthearted "fun" and got something more substantial.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Just got out of the theater. I see why there is such a split between critics and fans. There are problems to be sure, but honestly if you are a fan of comics I don't see how you can't enjoy this film just on the merits of making what you imagine come alive on the screen. It was overly long and there were cuts that were disjointed, but the shear spectacle of it all was fantastic. If anything Snyder can be faulted for being too ambitious and not having someone tell him to stop telling 5 different stories. But like I said, if you are a fan of comics don't let the critics dissuade from seeing this on a big screen.

I'll add that people were lined up in the halls for post-credit stuff. Not having that was a mistake. But half of the theatre clapped when it was over
    People who decide not to see this movie because of what the critics say are gonna miss out.

I knew this movie is not bad as the haters hope it would be. I can't wait to watch this tomorrow.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm going in. Love you guys..

I am quoting this comment here - From SHH Forums by Mad Love

Some people are fundamentally against the take on these characters and are using it to justify their judgment that the movie was bad when in fact plenty of higher rated movies are just as flawed in terms of technical filmmaking. The only real difference is the artistic approach and that's really a matter of taste, which many are unwilling to admit. Some of them want pure escapism that depicts a romanticized reality. But the truth is, Snyder's approach of humanizing the characters in a world as flawed as ours is just as valid and does interest people.

DC's characters are more established in pop culture and therefore have more ingrained opinions about their approach. Then you have the genre trend being dominated by escapist takes. Even Nolan's trilogy had a great sense of idealism with statements like anyone can be Batman and make a difference. Many are rejecting Snyder's assertion that the real/flawed world would be no better with superheroes, and furthermore they would unavoidably be a product of the real/flawed world. Therefore, any idealism will be met with controversy and conflict. That is how the way the world is, but some people what pure escapism whereas others appreciate acknowledging how things really are. I want to see Snyder direct X-Men. Snyder does have flaws as a director but so do most superhero directors, which is why TDK is still lauded at the top of the genre. Yet, people are using any opportunity to push their aesthetic bias by conflating anything negative and use any opportunity to assert it's the approach that's the issue.
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=729
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Sorry, but no it isn't. Not even close. I'm usually a harsh movie watcher, and, yes, this movie has problems, but it's a C- at worse.

Why it's getting the reviews is getting is because they are simply fundamentally against these characters changing, or being emotionally affected by the world.

Superman's story is sad in this movie because of the world he's surrounded by. It's a realistic take on "The Man with Everything" because he has so little in reality; he has to sacrifice so much to be what he needs to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I am quoting this comment here - From SHH Forums by Mad Love

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=729
    Then Snyder can make his own heroes like Millar or Moore. Trying to change characters that are fundamentally ingrained is not a good idea. Snyder telling everyone he knows these characters best isn't great either. Just because Snyder doesn't believe in the fundamental conceit of Superman doesn't mean no one else does.

Now of course there are plenty of other technically bad Superhero films. But I am not sure that litmus test works. Besides you can say Singer paints a more realistic world and he doesn't get nearly the hate. Marvel went more real in Winter Solider, still loved.

I don't neccasarily mind Batman killing. The problem is that needs to be taken to its logical conclusion. If Batman has no issue killing random gangsters and thugs then why is the Joker or Lex Alive. Lex unleashed a monster. Joker killed robin amongst other crimes. If Batman wants to kill he can start by taking out the brains not the grunts.
    Last edited by JediKage; 03-24-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Then Snyder can make his own heroes like Millar or Moore. Trying to change characters that are fundamentally ingrained is not a good idea. Snyder telling everyone he knows these characters best isn't great either. Just because Snyder doesn't believe in the fundamental conceit of Superman doesn't mean no one else does.

Now of course there are plenty of other technically bad Superhero films. But I am not sure that litmus test works. Besides you can say Singer paints a more realistic world and he doesn't get nearly the hate.
    Well, because the X-Men aren't Batman and Superman. Period.

Still, he's trying to put these heroes in our world, and showing that being a hero isn't fun. It can change you. It asks you to give up too much because the world sucks, and people want too much. People that are hating are hating because they can't get over themselves, from what I've seen in the reviews. The movie is far from perfect, but to be 30-31% on RT? Insanity.

Lex was the least realistic part of the movie tho, lol

BANNED

Lex kinda blows a massive hole in the realism argument.

Just got back from the theater. You guys have seen me post here a lot defending this movie from all the negativity. I argued with a lot of people in support of this thing. But it was bad. Very bad. Some of the worst editing I've ever seen in a movie. It jumped around so damn much. Terrible story telling. I was actually bored in the middle of the film. A movie featuring Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman should not be boring! I enjoyed MoS and I've defended Snyder for years but he needs to go. Keep him on as a producer but get a directed who can tell a more cohesive story. There's just too much riding on this. He cannot be allowed to direct Justice League. Not to mention that it was almost comedically dark at times. They went out of their way to make this as dark as possible.
    Affleck was good and Wonder Woman kicked ass. But as a Superman fan I wasn't happy with his portrayal.
    I'm happy to see that a lot of you liked it. I'm hoping this thing makes enough money to keep the DC cinematic universe on track. But man am I disappointed right now.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-24-2016 at 10:51 PM.

I'm going to be pretty sad if Ben Affleck decides to get out of the DCEU. If he drops out (cuz that's what his face is telling me he wants to do), the DCEU is done.

Sure he maybe contractually obligated to do more stuff, but, if his heart isn't in it, I don't want to see that, either.

As an outspoken critic of the film I just wanted to say I'm glad so many of you are enjoying it. It makes me want to go back and see it again in hopes I'll like it on a second viewing. I don't want the movie or the DCEU to fail. I want it to succeed. I'm heartened by the great fan reviews and they will make me give it another look soon.