Page 549 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 4944949953954554654754854955055155255355959964910491549 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Yeah, I really don't know how people came out of it so bitterly dissapointed. Maybe the early posters because some saw it before the critics' reviews, but honestly, people here are holding this to scrutiny as something like the Revenant or Spotlight. If you accept that it is not a perfect movie begging to win the Oscars, like none ever are, and watch it for what it is (a superhero movie) I think that it is pretty damn enjoyable. I guess people here just feel like the DCEU must have no flaws in order to catch up to the Marvel machine. That may be the case, but only time will tell.
    I just don't like the atmosphere of the Snyder-DC movies. I thought the movie had a number of things that were good-awesome. But the weird feeling of the world this movie is set in kills it for me. I don't want to watch a bunch of future movies set in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Yeah, I really don't know how people came out of it so bitterly dissapointed. Maybe the early posters because some saw it before the critics' reviews, but honestly, people here are holding this to scrutiny as something like the Revenant or Spotlight. If you accept that it is not a perfect movie begging to win the Oscars, like none ever are, and watch it for what it is (a superhero movie) I think that it is pretty damn enjoyable. I guess people here just feel like the DCEU must have no flaws in order to catch up to the Marvel machine. That may be the case, but only time will tell.
    I think people wanted there socks knocked off.. its BvS.. its Justice League.. its Wonder Woman... people wanted to go in and leave fist pumping and going F YEAR! and telling all their friends they need to go ASAP. Basically, they wanted the "Avengers" feeling.. that feeling that all the hype, the years of waiting was somehow matched by the movie.

So, when people don't get that fully, they feel doubly "down" and then overreact the opposite way. That is how "disappointing" turns into "OMG WORST MOVIE EVER!!! THIS IS TRASH!" happens on the internet. You can still be disappointed and a movie can still be good. Disappointing =/= trash but some people can't act rational, they have to go to extremes.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I just don't like the atmosphere of the Snyder-DC movies. I thought the movie had a number of things that were good-awesome. But the weird feeling of the world this movie is set in kills it for me. I don't want to watch a bunch of future movies set in this universe.
    I understand your reasoning, but I think the ending sort of made everything lighter - it indicated to a brighter, more hopeful future to me.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BvS Ultimate Edition Bluray - Available for Preorder

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Superma...8919078&sr=1-3

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Box Office: ‘Batman v Superman’ Flies Off With Massive $27.7 Million on Thursday

“Batman v Superman” smashed the record for highest Thursday preshow for an Easter Weekend, set last year by “Furious 7” with $15.8 million. The total includes $3.6 million in Imax shows.

The superhero match-up stars Henry Cavill as Superman and Ben Affleck as Batman. The film carries a whopping $250 million price tag.

“Batman v Superman” is expected to generate as much as $150 million when it hits 4,242 screens domestically, and more than $300 million globally when it rolls out across more than 60 major territories including China, the world’s second biggest market for film. The tentpole took flight internationally on Wednesday with $7 million on roughly 5,900 international screens.
    http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ba...ay-1201739134/

The biggest problem is the tone MOS and BVS have laid out for the DCEU. Taking BvS on its own, it's an interesting movie. More on the artistic side of cinematography and themes (until the action just gets insane in that third act) than successful mainstream superhero films are. So when you view it that way, it feels like a movie that has things worth being appreciated and like it will develop a cult following. When you view it as the launching point for a shared movie universe, the weird tone these Snyder-DC movies have doesn't work. These movies don't create a world you want to be in and see 9 other movies in.

The acting isn't the issue. Affleck and Gadot were great with what they had and Cavill did a great job playing this very different take on Superman. But is the tone of this weird take on the DCU worth continuing to make movies with? I don't think it is. If that means you have to start over, then start over. And wait till you have a workable idea like they waited for years between batman and Robin and Batman Begins. The sole motivation for making these movies can not be "well our competitor owns Marvel and they use those characters to make movies, so why don't we do that too?", you need to have a creative reason for it. If WB does this, it will be sad Affleck's Batman will go to waste, but do you want to keep making poor/rough movies set in this ugly cinematic universe?
    I can agree. But I doubt say, Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman will have the same tone as BvS. Starting over is an exaggerative statement in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think people wanted there socks knocked off.. its BvS.. its Justice League.. its Wonder Woman... people wanted to go in and leave fist pumping and going F YEAR! and telling all their friends they need to go ASAP. Basically, they wanted the "Avengers" feeling.. that feeling that all the hype, the years of waiting was somehow matched by the movie.

So, when people don't get that fully, they feel doubly "down" and then overreact the opposite way. That is how "disappointing" turns into "OMG WORST MOVIE EVER!!! THIS IS TRASH!" happens on the internet. You can still be disappointed and a movie can still be good. Disappointing =/= trash but some people can't act rational, they have to go to extremes.
    Maybe some people had been so invested in this movie for about 3 years, that if it doesn't live up to their hype they overreact. The "Hype!!1" is the enemy I guess lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
    I can agree. But I doubt say, Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman will have the same tone as BvS. Starting over is an exaggerative statement in my opinion.
    Agreed. Terrio already confirmed JL is going to be lighter (before the critical reception set in).

And since the others are handled by different directors, I think they will be of different tone. WW, I expect to be lighter since it's not the older WW we saw in BvS, but a younger one (who's coming into man's world).

SS, I think will be darker in many ways. But, I think it will be comedic too (darker comedy, I guess - Ayer's special).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Box Office: ‘Batman v Superman’ Flies Off With Massive $27.7 Million on Thursday

So worth quoting and noting among the doom and gloom sentiment. This movie will make bank!

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Agreed. Terrio already confirmed JL is going to be lighter (before the critical reception set in).

And since the others are handled by different directors, I think they will be of different tone. WW, I expect to be lighter since it's not the older WW we saw in BvS, but a younger one (who's coming into man's world).

SS, I think will be darker in many ways. But, I think it will be comedic too (darker comedy, I guess - Ayer's special).
    I'd imagine that SS will actually be a lot darker than BvS but the complaints will be less than BvS since there likely will be more obvious jokes and funny interactions between the Squad to bring some levity and maybe even rock music montages (if they licensed Queen to actually use in the movie, not just the trailer! I'm hoping that moment with Boomerang and his beer from the trailer is just like that in the movie, even if BR isn't in the movie)
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 03-25-2016 at 09:14 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Whether or not the film is bad (still haven;'t seen it yet), I still hope BvS knocks it out of the park at the box office. You can always make some changes along the way, but only if WB is making more DC films in the future.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Whether or not the film is bad (still haven;'t seen it yet), I still hope BvS knocks it out of the park at the box office. You can always make some changes along the way, but only if WB is making more DC films in the future.
    Those changes won't happen unless it under performs at the box office though

Edit: I see your point of view too. If it under performs, WB may just decide to not push forward with DC films

Those changes won't happen unless it under performs at the box office though

Edit: I see your point of view too. If it under performs, WB may just decide to not push forward with DC films
    Right. WB can always try to find another director who can get them enough critical acclaim to be happy with while still getting fannies in the seats, but if the initial films are not making a profit...

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I supposed so, IF they learned their lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I supposed so, IF they learned their lesson.
    Well, I assume I will like this week's lesson when I see the film in the next couple of days , but, of course, that's all subjective. I don't need the next films to be the same or even MCU-like. There might be another way to go instead, so I wouldn't have any objections if WB decides to do that.