Page 561 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 6146151155155755855956056156256356456557161166110611561 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 28116
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    Over a billion, at least.
    And it very well may pass that mark by the time it leaves, or it may completely collapse this weekend and barely make it to 800. We won't know until the middle of May where it ends up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Getting a 65 on a test and netting a couple of hundred million dollars seems like apples and oranges to me, though.
    How is the 800m figure successful if that's what they need to break even?

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    And it very well may pass that mark by the time it leaves, or it may completely collapse this weekend and barely make it to 800. We won't know until the middle of May where it ends up.
    You're right. I actually think it will break a billion.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

How is the 800m figure successful if that's what they need to break even
    We were talking about a 200 million dollar profit before. If it breaks even, then I agree that wouldn't be success.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Check my post above yours, I give a better explanation.

EDIT: Would you consider making a 65 on a test a success? Because I see it as barely escaping failure but probably won't really help your future.
    that is not how companies analize the investment, first they have to get the real profit after all taxes are done. So them compare with what they want or even desired.

from what I hear 800 million is what th emovie needs to pay, and to start being profitable at least 1 billion. Lucky for batvsup they won't have competition this week

It does seem like the type of brainless fun entertainment from the disney movies is more popular with the masses.

BANNED

No comp until Jungle Book. Shame DC couldn't get that CGI. Its absurd.

Well part of its depth is hard to translate internationally. Not that I think this movie is nearly as deep as some claim.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

81% Fri to Fri drop.

Expected to make $50 million for the weekend.

Forbes says that it's not hatred, but indifference.

I don't know man...even if the DCEU does continue, I feel the execs that are all about making money for the themselves, and stockholders, will come in and say "Welp, let's copy Disney and Marvel."

If that's happening then I'm jumping ship. I don't care if the new MCU-like DCEU is "good", because I'm only interested/invested in the DCEU because it's doing something different.

Fantastic Member

From what I seen, BVS doesn't click with the artsy and indie movie fans either.
    WB tried to (superficially) copy Marvel, it's called Green lantern, which was supposed to be the launchpad for a DC movie universe. The failure of Green Lantern leads us to MOS and BVS.
    Last edited by qwerty3w; 04-02-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty3w View Post
    From what I seen, BVS doesn't click with the artsy and indie movie fans either.
    WB tried to (superficially) copy Marvel, it's called Green lantern, which was supposed to be the launchpad for a DC movie universe. The failure of Green Lantern leads us to MOS and BVS.
    The problem is that they are applying the same veneer to all of their characters. Batman can do dark, grim, brooding. Movies with Darkseid should be dark and brooding. Movies with Superman should not be mopey. Moments of mopeiness, sure, but not unrelenting mopiness.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    It does seem like the type of brainless fun entertainment from the disney movies is more popular with the masses.
    Their animated movies aren't brainless.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    81% Fri to Fri drop.

Expected to make $50 million for the weekend.

Forbes says that it's not hatred, but indifference.

I don't know man...even if the DCEU does continue, I feel the execs that are all about making money for the themselves, and stockholders, will come in and say "Welp, let's copy Disney and Marvel."

If that's happening then I'm jumping ship. I don't care if the new MCU-like DCEU is "good", because I'm only interested/invested in the DCEU because it's doing something different.
    That's fine. But DC can be different and "good". It's not one thing or the other. Ironman (the original film) and the idea of connected movies with different heroes was different back in 2008. It was also good. Not a critically panned wreck, with mixed reception from the public that was essentially forgotten two weeks after release

Fighting for Snyder's vision of a cinematic DC universe isn't admirable, IMO. It's supporting more actions that will farther damage the brand of DC and their heroes in the public's eye

I say WB seek their savior elsewhere. Rather than superhero movies and a shared world for all of them, I think WB should find something else. Make Batman movies. Maybe even do a shared cinematic universe for Batman and other street level DC heroes. Besides that, look into fantasy and other genres for stories that could be franchise film series'. I don't think they have a creative idea for a DCCU. So don't force it. If you force it, it's not going to work.
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 04-03-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I seriously don't get the extreme hate of the DCEU online. It's ridiculous. Every current article about BvS has a comment section filled with people just shredding the movie, or people dog piling even on people that said it's okay. Damning the entirety of the DCEU based off two movies by the same director, despite the fact that he's not directing every movie? It's one thing to not like the movie, it's another to hate it with every fiber of your being because it's not what you wanted, despite others liking it. People keep making it personal. People still say that Supes killed thousands of people in MoS, and say Bats is a Punisher, that murders. They call the Kent's horrible people. All because it's not traditional; people refuse to judge the movie on its own, but on how the characters "MUST" be depicted as. Now you've got people actively spreading hate for SS, and WW; movies they've yet to see, and that aren't being directed by Snyder, but by better directors. Suddenly no one cares that James Wong or Affleck are a part of this thing. The way the world has decided to rip this movie apart is kinda unheard of. I bet even the new Ghostbusters movie will just get the "yeah that sucked, move on" treatment, despite the hate the trailer got. People don't even want a DCEU to be a thing, because despite not liking it's direction, if it was lighter, and not had its first two movies directed by Snyder, it'd get destroyed by the Internet for try to "copy" Marvel's tone. The DCEU seems like a damned no matter what you did situation.

Just very depressing. So few places where one can discuss the movie without being attacked by trolls, or people who still call Supes a murderer. I know it's not the popular way to think, but why try anymore? Might as well just stop after we get to see the JL on the big screen; a milestone in itself.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 04-03-2016 at 03:08 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I seriously don't get the extreme hate of the DCEU online. It's ridiculous. Every current article about BvS has a comment section filled with people just shredding the movie, or people dog piling even on people that said it's okay. Damning the entirety of the DCEU based off two movies by the same director, despite the fact that he's not directing every movie? It's one thing to not like the movie, it's another to hate it with every fiber of your being because it's not what you wanted, despite others liking it. People keep making it personal. People still say that Supes killed thousands of people in MoS, and say Bats is a Punisher, that murders. They call the Kent's horrible people. All because it's not traditional; people refuse to judge the movie on its own, but on how the characters "MUST" be depicted as. Now you've got people actively spreading hate for SS, and WW; movies they've yet to see, and that aren't being directed by Snyder, but by better directors. Suddenly no one cares that James Wong or Affleck are a part of this thing. The way the world has decided to rip this movie apart is kinda unheard of. I bet even the new Ghostbusters movie will just get the "yeah that sucked, move on" treatment, despite the hate the trailer got. People don't even want a DCEU to be a thing, because despite not liking it's direction, if it was lighter, and not had its first two movies directed by Snyder, it'd get destroyed by the Internet for try to "copy" Marvel's tone. The DCEU seems like a damned no matter what you did situation.

Just very depressing. So few places where one can discuss the movie without being attacked by trolls, or people who still call Supes a murderer. I know it's not the popular way to think, but why try anymore? Might as well just stop after we get to see the JL on the big screen; a milestone in itself.
    I can understand the bile in regard to things political, because at least that does affect your life down the road. But fictional characters? I understand disagreement and disappointment, but I'll never comprehend the garbage that is seen too often on the Internet. Really says a lot about their priorities.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

BvS is a success no matter how people try and spin it. 29% on RT, people seemingly against the movie from the start.

This is far from the end of DCEU. Suicide Squad could surprise everyone. The trailers got more views than BvS after all . Ayer's track record is pretty good for movies he's written and directed. Not the end of the world at all. Sure the drop for BvS sucks but what can we do? If SS and WW are met well financially and critically then things will be looking good for JL.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

The issue with a movie universes is that one movie can either elevate or poison the next set of movies bc is "all connected."

So far, DCEU has not been met well critically. MoS made ok to good money. Judging by this monstrous drop, BvS wil make goid money, just below that Av, AoU, IM3 level.

Something ISNT working with the GA. People on this forum can keep playing the blame game and conspiracy game but domething just isnt clicking with the GA positively at all.

And SS looks to be in the exact same tone, filter and all.

And the problem is Snyder. Dark and serious is fine if you got the chops for it. Nolan had those chops... his movies were universally loved both by critics and audience becausr the were GOOD. There was subtance there. Snyder isntva substance guy. Hes a stylistic great, which eould be fine if hecwould just embrace it and go full comic book,. But hes trying yo bec"adult" and the only way he knowd how yo do that is ho full darkneds no parents with nothing backing it up. Its superficial "serious."

Oh and this same guy is overseeing all the movies...

And this alll compounds bc youvare messing with two of yhe most well known heroes ever. Czsuals know them. They have ideas about them already. So when youv"mess with there childhood" negatively, the vitriol increases 10 fold. That is kne way MCU got lucky.... people went into IM, Cap, Thor without any preconceived notuons and ideas, do they just enjoyed the ride and got hooked.

Is DCEU doomed? Hell no... Fox had nunerous missteps and is still going strong. Plus... firat week numbers show people are interested. .. people want tgese movies. They just arent impressed.

They chose the wrong Fiege
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html