Page 816 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 31671676680681281381481581681781881982082686691613161816 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,240 of 28116
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    You sound like an extremely cynical viewer.
    I'm really not, I love movies. If I was that cynical I wouldn't have optimism for future DC films. And I actually liked Suicide Squad. BvS just happened to get under my skin a little.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Sorry guys, you might not like it but the Titans is very much viewed as the minor league by DC. There is no way you can swing it where the Black Guy losing his movie for another Team Movie that is not the Justice League is a positive. Its course correction to fix an issue that should have been frakking obvious at the start. Cyborg might work for Justice League but not under Geoff Johns Purview and not with his current look. WB/DC backed the wrong black character choice and its falling apart. Vixen, John Stewart, Black Lightning would have all been better options. Heck Cyborg going to Titans would only work to my mind if he was actually a Teen in the movie. He isn't.

Cyborg vs Black Panther is a no contest.
    That's funny given that Cyborg wasn't even a teenager in the original New Teen Titans comic, given that almost all of the characters were about in their twenties around that time. The idea that the Titans should be treated as the "B team" is just idiotic by any stretch of the imagination.

And nobody is pitting Cyborg against Black Panther. The latter was the first major black character in comics. Hell, only Black Lightning can be considered DC's Black Panther. But that doesn't make him useless or not important. Cyborg is to the Titans what Martian Manhunter is to the League: an important mainstay without whom the team feels less authentic.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-09-2016 at 11:48 PM.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Sorry, but Snyder disappointed a lot of fans with his work. Many of them probably care about those characters more than he does. Youve got to admit Snyder feeling massive disappointment over the DCEU is a bit of karma. And it's not like his career is completely over if he never works on a DC film ever again, he'll be fine.

Also, remember what he did to Jimmy Olsen. His feelings towards DC and fans of DC are, at the very least, questionable.
    They're not real characters, dude.
    You're acting like DC knows what to do with Jimmy Olsen at all. Snyder made "Jimmy Olsen fans" the most active they've been in about a decade.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The Jimmy Olsen thing is so overblown. He wasn't an established part of the movie universe before getting killed and it's plausible-likely even-that the character is not the real Jimmy Olsen, given the fact he's a CIA spy with foreign language skills.

This Podcast with Amy Adams has her talk a bit about working with Zack and going forward as Lois in the DCEU.

http://variety.com/2016/film/festiva...al-1201854108/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I wonder how Japanese audiences will respond to character like Katana being in the movie? Given that Harley Quinn seems to be the most popular member with women in Japan so far.
    we generally don't care about those things for better or worse.
    we are so used to having quirky Japanese characters in Hollywood movies nobody cares.
    Harley is the most popular one and WB Japan is selling the movie as Harley movie since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Well, after 6 months, I finally saw Batman v Superman! Ultimate Cut. Short review-It was just as horrible as I thought it would be. For the long review, I live-tweeted the whole film. Here's the link to the tweet-chain. Warning for very VERY strong language cause I swear on Twitter and when I'm angry. https://twitter.com/atlanta962/statu...84137708900352

Sorry to brag but my movie predictions are right 90% of the time. I knew it would make me seethe with rage, and it did. I still think the DC films will improve though because in an optimistic fanboy deep down.
    Shocker. You went into a movie expecting (wanting?) to hate it, and ended up hating it. "Other breaking news: water, wet."

Edit: starting reading your tweets. 2nd tweet & it's "F___ Zach Snyder" for doing what every Batman movie with a new actor in the role does? Stopped right there. I suppose 11 years agoit was "F__ Chris Nolan"?
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 09-10-2016 at 12:27 AM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

Why do people tweet instead of watch a movie?

Just focus on the movie itself.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

BvS UE was a near masterpiece. Only third to BB and TDK for my fav CBM films.

If they cut DoJ it could have easily surpassed TDK imo but WB wanted to play catch up!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Suicide Squad opened in Japan today and the enthusiasm for the film appears to be really high there.

https://www.japantoday.com/category/...-squad-release

I wonder how Japanese audiences will respond to character like Katana being in the movie? Given that Harley Quinn seems to be the most popular member with women in Japan so far.
    Hiro Mashima creator of Fairy Tail tweeted he liked the film! (At least that's what I think he said lol)

BANNED

If Johns and co are admitting that they did wrong in their previous attempts then maybe Snyder supporters should just realize that his work wasn't met with the enthusiasm they keep imagining, that's all I'll say.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    If Johns and co are admitting that they did wrong in their previous attempts then maybe Snyder supporters should just realize that his work wasn't met with the enthusiasm they keep imagining, that's all I'll say.
    I don't think anyone has said anything to contradict that. It's obvious there have been problems with Snyder's approach to things.

That doesn't, however, mean that the people who liked the movies are in any way required to change our minds and suddenly agree that they're bad movies.

All this means is that Snyder's movies don't have the level of mass market appeal for which WB was hoping. Now, like any smart business, they're course correcting to try to get that appeal. And if that list is in any way accurate, it sounds like a lot of us will still like the new DCEU just fine.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

You can't retroactively admit something. Johns said the executives at WB thought they had sure fire winners with BvS and SS, and that the critical reception to both films is what took them aback. The audience still showed up for both and the BO and home video sales reflect that, but getting in good with the critics is the aim now.

You can't retroactively admit something. Johns said the executives at WB thought they had sure fire winners with BvS and SS, and that the critical reception to both films is what took them aback. The audience still showed up for both and the BO and home video sales reflect that, but getting in good with the critics is the aim now.
    They did have winners. We eventually saw BvS but doesn't look like we'll get to see SS

It was their own meddling that screwed everything up.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don't think any fans of Snyder are oblivious to the fact his films were polarizing. Nobody is hallucinating a universally enthusiastic reaction.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I don't think any fans of Snyder are oblivious to the fact his films were polarizing. Nobody is hallucinating a universally enthusiastic reaction.
    We couldn't hallucinate that even if we tried to, seeing as how it's physically impossible to talk about these movies without a half-dozen people showing up to rip them to shreds and imply that we are terrible people for not joining the (equally illusory) universal condemnation of them.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--