Page 821 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 32172177181181781881982082182282382482583187192113211821 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 28116

Yeah, all aboard for Ryan Potter for Tim. If he's got the physical chops and can actually act I hope he at least gets a shot. His character in Big Hero 6 had a lot of the sincerity that I would expect to see from Tim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Ryan Potter is just doing what Steve McQueen? did for Nightwing and like the former it will go nowhere. Tyrese also did this with GL and any new information regarding that property never mentions him in the running. The only movie I know in which a campaign for an actor worked was with Deadpool and that had the bad taste of his first adaptation, a viral video of test footage, and a much bigger named actor pushing it. Deadpool still did not receive good funding but the bare minimum you could make for a superhero movie.
    1. There were no plans to include Nightwing in a film during McQueens campaign. There might not be any for Robin either but we don't know that yet. If there is then it's a different situation.
    2. McQueen can't act.

And the fact that Reynolds also played Xmen Origins Deadpool should have made getting to reprise the role harder for him. Everyone hates Origins Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    1. There were no plans to include Nightwing in a film during McQueens campaign. There might not be any for Robin either but we don't know that yet. If there is then it's a different situation.
    2. McQueen can't act.

And the fact that Reynolds also played Xmen Origins Deadpool should have made getting to reprise the role harder for him. Everyone hates Origins Deadpool.
    1. I was referring to having Nightwing featured on TV, but Ryan Potter is doing the exact same thing as Tyrese for GL so there is no reason he is in a better position.
    2. That is more of an opinion and as far as I know Big Hero Six was not only his only movie but was CGI so how do you honestly know Potter > McQueen in acting.
    3. The footage that got Ryan Reynolds to reprise Deadpool again was test footage for the Wolverine movie before they made those terrible changes.

BANNED

1. I was referring to having Nightwing featured on TV, but Ryan Potter is doing the exact same thing as Tyrese for GL so there is no reason he is in a better position.
    2. That is more of an opinion and as far as I know Big Hero Six was not only his only movie but was CGI so how do you honestly know Potter > McQueen in acting.
    3. The footage that got Ryan Reynolds to reprise Deadpool again was test footage for the Wolverine movie before they made those terrible changes.
    I don't think there were any plans for John Stewart in live action during Gibsons campaign either. If it was for the 2011 GL film they probably knew they were using Hal from the start. I'm not saying campaigning for a available role is guaranteed to succeed, but saying that it destroys someone's chances of getting that role is going way too far IMO.

Didn't know that about the Deadpool test footage though.

It was for the yet to be cast GL film. There are no plans for Tim Drake either, All we know is that Jason was killed by the Joker and that Ben Affleck said family is important to Batman. I would not say it destroys a person's chances to get a role but I highly doubt any film studio wants to play the game of just letting people put out their own audition tapes, tweets, and fan pushes to get a gig. Most studios don't even want leaks on who is being considered for the role.

BANNED

It was for the yet to be cast GL film. There are no plans for Tim Drake either, All we know is that Jason was killed by the Joker and that Ben Affleck said family is important to Batman. I would not say it destroys a person's chances to get a role but I highly doubt any film studio wants to play the game of just letting people put out their own audition tapes, tweets, and fan pushes to get a gig. Most studios don't even want leaks on who is being considered for the role.
    Don't say "There are no plans for Tim Drake". We barely know anything about the next Batman film, nothing is certain.

"There are no plans for Tim Drake" was not stated as a definitive just that there are no rumors up to this point that hint at his inclusion the same as it is with Nightwing, Batgirl etc.

i feel like if he wants to be in a dc movie, he should definitely campaign as that. asking to be tim drake specifically seems a little bit non productive.

Astonishing Member

Tim Drake would be the best partner for Batman at this point after the events and journey he went through in Dawn of Justice.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What about it is "lame?" That it's associated with Tim Drake ?
    Because history has shown that it almost never leads to anything so you'd think people would learn by now. This also sums it up:

Ryan Potter is just doing what Steve McQueen? did for Nightwing and like the former it will go nowhere. Tyrese also did this with GL and any new information regarding that property never mentions him in the running. The only movie I know in which a campaign for an actor worked was with Deadpool and that had the bad taste of his first adaptation, a viral video of test footage, and a much bigger named actor pushing it. Deadpool still did not receive good funding but the bare minimum you could make for a superhero movie.
    As for it being Tim specifically making it lame....maaaaaaaaaybe

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Because history has shown that it almost never leads to anything so you'd think people would learn by now. This also sums it up
    Still, the way he's going about it and pushing for the role is pretty cool, especially with that video.

Even if it doesn't go anywhere, I applaud his effort, and I imagine Affleck would as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Because history has shown that it almost never leads to anything so you'd think people would learn by now. This also sums it up:

As for it being Tim specifically making it lame....maaaaaaaaaybe
    Well most of these campaigns are jokes. We rarely see one like this that people can take seriously. I mean, how many actors with no qualifications have just asked to be in a comic book film since the MCU took off?

BANNED

Again he is an Asian Actor when is the last time you saw him in a big role in a movie? I will wait while you all check his IMDB Page. Don't knock the Hustle sure it didn't help Tyrese or whatever but they were already on the map. This guy is essentially a nobody plus as I said Asian Male not like he is tripping over roles.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Again he is an Asian Actor when is the last time you saw him in a big role in a movie? I will wait while you all check his IMDB Page. Don't knock the Hustle sure it didn't help Tyrese or whatever but they were already on the map. This guy is essentially a nobody plus as I said Asian Male not like he is tripping over roles.
    Big Hero 6 was kinda a big thing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Do you notice something about Big Hero 6? That I don't know its animated. I am talking live action roles for Asian Guys.