Page 874 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 37477482486487087187287387487587687787888492497413741874 ... LastLast
Results 13,096 to 13,110 of 28116
    Extraordinary Member

Well there is a difference. I am not talking about Cruz having no name recognition in that sense. Its problem more in they are competing versions floating around and quite a few of them look visibly different. Much more so then the difference between Barry and Wally. That doesn't apply to GOTG, DOC Strange or Ant-man who were total zeroes.
    Doctor strange,ant-man and gotg were in cartoons and i think video game in the past before the movies.So there were some who do not read comics or normally do not read comics who knew about these characters before the live action movie.
    So cartoons and video games do help more when it comes to more mainstream exposure more so then comics.Of comics did help with some exposure with these characters but not as much as tv and movies or games.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-21-2016 at 09:11 AM.

I was gonna say Guy Gardner because his bombastic personality is a breath of fresh air and great to bounce off everybody else.

Extraordinary Member

Arrow, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones all have fresh ratings on RT and they are much darker and cynical than MOS, BvS and SS.
    I forgot to mention this.
    The mcu shows aos and peggy carter are not light hearted shows either.

This was posted before.
    by MamaLukuBuku
    Tier 1: Films- Big budget, over the top, with a target audience ofover kids. This is where the money comes from that makes the other 2 tierspossible. They can juggle lighthearted and semi-serious here withoutlighthearted ruining their target audience.audience

Tier 2: TV- Agents of Shield and Agent Carter. Dramas that cater to an older crowd, not necessarily meant for a younger audience. Fills in gaps here and there for the movies. Shows a much bigger world of the MCU.

Tier 3: Netflix- This is where Marvel can let loose in a no holdsThis barred grimy bloodbath for the adults. This is the "graphic novel"bloodbath section of the MCU. Super focused, and as real as it gets with streetMCUlevel heroes...

3 different levels of the MCU for different kinds of fans. Of coursesome fans will enjoy all 3 3 so they have the full MCU experience, but3 what they are doing is perfect and they shouldn't change it.perfect

My comments.

Mcu films are serious,with some having more humor then others.They are not comedy movies.
    By the way i see the mcu movies targeted for kids and adults and they are more serious then some folks think,more so the captain america movies and hulk movie for example.
    I still have not seen doctor strange yet,so i do not know how light or how dark it is.I will to see it soon.
    Keep in mind dc shows is lighter in tone then the marvel mcu shows and about the same tone as mcu films overall.In fact the mcu movie tone is closer to the early dc films like superman 1 and 2 overall.Of course marvel fox movies are darker in tone then the mcu but darker does not mean better.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-21-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

^must you always post about MCU in DCEU thread. Stop going off topic or I'll have to report your posts.

I like John for the JL, with Hal as one of the top ranked GLs in the GLC.

Make John a little younger, and don't just treat him as a marine with a ring. I like Hal a little older because it allows them to play him up as more experienced, less cocky.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    ^must you always post about MCU in DCEU thread. Stop going off topic or I'll have to report your posts.
    I was replying to the mcu and dceu movies and dc tv talk from this thread that was posted a couple pages ago.

I did not talk about the mcu by the way in some of my other posts from today,so those posts was more on topic.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-21-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Mighty Member

So, I guess we'll know who will play GL soon?

Doubt it. It's likely just another Eh Maybe nonsense. That's the same guy who was swearing up and down that Chris Pine was cast as Hal Jordan last year. We know how that turned out.

I would love for Green Lantern in the JL to be the Jessica Cruz version but that's a long shot imo. She's a new character, albeit a great new character, and is the least established. She also doesn't have the rabid fanbase that Hal Jordan and John Stewart have. Her chances are slim unfortunately. Although her creator is Geoff Johns and he does have creative say in the DCEU so who knows.

As for a full on Latino superhero that isn't ambiguous like El Diablo I think we'll have to wait for Blue Beetle to show up.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I can totally see her as a new recruit in the 2020 GLC movie. But yeah, I think if there's any truth to this "report" at all, they would go with a more popular Lantern first. The DCEU is still in its preliminary stages and to have a more solid foundation you need the established guys first.

Extraordinary Member

I heard a while ago if zatanna shows up in the dceu they may make her a latina/hispanic superhero.

What is Zee's ethnicity anyway? I don't think she is Latina, but she clearly isn't lily white either. Maybe she is from Romani descent?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What is Zee's ethnicity anyway? I don't think she is Latina, but she clearly isn't lily white either. Maybe she is from Romani descent?
    She's Italian on her father's side, but her mother was a sorceress from the homo magi subspecies of humanity. Not sure what ethnicity she would've resembled.

I think most fans wouldn't have a problem with making her Latina. It's not a very big change for her, after all.

EDIT: There was even a rumor that we may have a Mexican actress being considered for the role of Zatanna.

Eiza Gonzalez, the actress who took on Salma Hayek's role in the From Dusk Till Dawn TV series, made a few tweets about Zatanna a few months back. She even posted a picture of herself wearing a top hat. Further interesting intel? Geoff Johns "Liked" the photo and started following her page. Seems pretty clear that she got his attention, at the very least.

Here's the pic

5400196-9503469653-Cqqew.jpg
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 11-21-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She's Italian on her father's side, but her mother was a sorceress from the homo magi subspecies of humanity. Not sure what ethnicity she would've resembled.
    Right, "Giovanni" Zatara, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I think most fans wouldn't have a problem with making her Latina. It's not a very big change for her, after all.
    It's not a problem for me too, I just wasn't aware of her background in the comics cause her or Madame Xanadu are kind of ethnically ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I can totally see her as a new recruit in the 2020 GLC movie. But yeah, I think if there's any truth to this "report" at all, they would go with a more popular Lantern first. The DCEU is still in its preliminary stages and to have a more solid foundation you need the established guys first.
    Yeah that's my guess as well. I honestly don't know which GL they'll choose between Hal Jordan and John Stewart. The studio may be weary of the former character because of the bad 2011 movie but Hal is still the most consistently pushed GL. On the flip side an entire generation knows John Stewart as Green Lantern and he's extremely popular but unlike Hal isn't consistently pushed. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

As for the othe GL's we will probably see only one of them show up in the GLC movie in addition to Hal/John. Too many GL's could lead to an overcrowded movie. So between Kyle Rayner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Guy Gardner we'll see who gets the nod. Alan Scott probably has zero chances. I put them in order of highest to lowest chances. Although to be fair they can just use Hal and John and ignore the others until a sequel or something.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 11-21-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!