Page 9 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Don't you think Superman would be helping out now in Starling City if he was part of the Arrowverse?
    Um, no. Because he's probably working on that oil rig right now and is nowhere near Starling, if "Man of Steel" takes place between season 2 (which is just now ending) and season 3.
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 05-08-2014 at 10:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slade Wilson View Post
    Why did you make a double post instead of just editing that in your first post? Also you are wasting your time. You will NEVER force your opinion down my throat, no matter how hard you try. if this conversation is only over for you once I agree with you, then you are in for a hell of a surprise cause it aint gonna happen. I will never (as in never ever) agree with you. At this point I dont even give a damn about what you say anymore. You should know when its time to accept that a conversation is not gonna go anywhere and just stop.

So stop or keep talking to yourself but I aint gonna participate in your ego trip no more.

Good day.
    I'm not sure what you mean by double post - I just responded to your last post.

You are welcome to your opinion, I simply expressed mine, and noted where I found the basis of your opinion at fault. That's what we do here in these discussion-board thingys. We debate and discuss. Nobody gets to just say something and not be challenged at all if others disagree.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon Head View Post
    He sure would. That guy we saw in Man of Steel on the other hand...
    Supes would probably concentrate on the larger Metropolis area and he couldn't stop every crook across the continent at once.
    He would definitely have enough time to get to Starling City and take care of it all by himself. Next to the Kryptonians led by Zod, it would be fairly easy, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Um, no. Because he's probably working on that oil rig right now and is nowhere near Starling, if "Man of Steel" takes place between season 2 (which is just now ending) and season 3.
    Would DC want Supes to come after Ollie? I'm thinking not. This is not New Earth anymore.

BANNED

Would DC want Supes to come after Ollie? I'm thinking not. This is not New Earth anymore.
    I don't think DC would care about that. The general public doesn't know Superman was first anyway.

My brother thought Spider-Man was around in the 1940s, for gosh sake.

We've also heard reports that Batman will be an "older, wiser" hero, suggesting that he's already around before Superman anyway.
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 05-08-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Flash, iZombie and Constantine are all picked up (Along with Gotham). So, that's 5 DC TV shows (including Arrow)
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

It's certainly possible to connect the Arrowverse to Man of Steel, if they want to.

But, I don't think DC wants to do it.

As DC entertainment head pointed out, they are encouraging different takes on each character, and is not really interested in connecting everything (Which is great. I like variety). Of course, it might confuse some people, but as long as it is executed properly, everything will be fine.

After all, DC has done it before (Smallville).

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Don't you think Superman would be helping out now in Starling City if he was part of the Arrowverse?
    By that rationale Superman should be showing up every time GA (or any other hero) is in trouble in the comics. Technically he could since he can fly "faster than a speeding bullet" but where's the fun in that? The suspension of disbelief. Superman was just busy with another adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    By that rationale Superman should be showing up every time GA (or any other hero) is in trouble in the comics. Technically he could since he can fly "faster than a speeding bullet" but where's the fun in that? The suspension of disbelief. Superman was just busy with another adventure
    For the small stuff, of course Superman wouldn't be there. But for the major stuff? I doubt he's going to stand by and do nothing while Starling City is decimated.

For the small stuff, of course Superman wouldn't be there. But for the major stuff? I doubt he's going to stand by and do nothing while Starling City is decimated.
    Tell that to GL and Coast City

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Tell that to GL and Coast City
    Or Gotham during No Man's Land.

(Yes, he showed up for a little bit afterwards, but he sure didn't prevent it).

BANNED

Well, I respectfully disagree, since what I suggested was that "Man of Steel" take place between seasons 2 and 3 of "Arrow", and therefore Clark would still be working on the oil rig and keeping himself very much a secret. I did not get the impression that he left that rig regularly to perform secret missions around the world. Did you get the impression that he did that?

Plus, when SHIELD was being decimated in Captain America 2, I don't know how many audience members wondered (to a detrimental degree) why Thor or Iron Man didn't show up to help. Was that something you were expecting to happen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Well, I respectfully disagree, since what I suggested was that "Man of Steel" take place between seasons 2 and 3 of "Arrow", and therefore Clark would still be working on the oil rig and keeping himself very much a secret. I did not get the impression that he left that rig regularly to perform secret missions around the world. Did you get the impression that he did that?

Plus, when SHIELD was being decimated in Captain America 2, I don't know how many audience members wondered (to a detrimental degree) why Thor or Iron Man didn't show up to help. Was that something you were expecting to happen?
    Well as Coulson said "Thor is off the grid right now, he cant help us" and Tony doesnt have any armor anymore and has left the superherostuff behind for now. he is instead helping others (such as Maria Hill) now through the use of his company. Actually werent Tony and Banner targeted by Hydra in the movie when the Helicarriers were activated?

But to be honest I already wondered why Cap or Banner didnt show up to help Tony out in Iron Man 3 or while Fury and SHIELD didnt react to the threat of the Mandarin and his attempt on Tonys life. I know lots of critics asked this too. Thats the problem with a connected universe. You will always ask where the other heroes are and why they dont come to help. The obvious answer is because it would get boring and take away the drama but its tough to come up with this huge stuff and justify why the other heroes are not helping out.

For instance if Arrow was connected to the movie (which it isnt at this point) why wouldnt Batman (who at this time should already be active for years) come to Starling City and mow down Mirakuru soldiers with his Batmobile? I mean a whole city burning to the ground with a man behind it that Batman most likely knows (Hard to believe that Batman wouldnt know Deathstroke). Its hard to believe he wouldnt do anything about it.

Actually ironically enough the trailer for Arkham Knight depicts a Gotham that is pretty similar to Starling at this point - burning streets, criminals running wild fighting a war against an underhwlmed police force. when Batman shows up in his new Batmobile, for a moment I actually thought "Just imagine if this would suddenly happen in the Arrow season finale" People would go absolutely NUTS haha.

Actually I dont even think its impossible anymore for Batman to show up on Arrow. Not after how big they got this year and that was only the 2nd season. Who knows how big and DCU-spanning the show will get by the time of Season 4 or 5. And after they bring in Flash now and after DCE announcing that they plan to have various different (and contradicting) versions of their characters appear at the same time in movies, TV, games etc. I think the possibility of more grounded major heroes such as Batman showing up has become a lot bigger than before. They started Season 1 with the no powers rule but pretty much threw that away and started to expand more into the DCU in season 2. I know they said they dont want to bring in the really big A-listers because they would take the focus away from Oliver if they show up. But now they brought in Barry Allen. Not as Flash but still.

Its highly doubtful that the more scifi characters such as Superman, Wonder Woman or Green Lantern will show up because with Arrow they want to keep the more grounded feeling even though they are okay with having superpowers now. But they made it pretty clear that Arrow is supposed to keep that grounded reality while Flash is gonna be exploring the more scifi side of things. So an intergalactic space cop, kryptonian in blue tights or an Amazon princess - probably never gonna happen on Arrow.

Batman on the other hand would be perfect for this world - and they already dipped deeply into his mythology and characters anyway. But if he ever shows up - I doubt he will be played by Ben Affleck.

Hell, Oliver only finding a batarang stuck into a wall or any name-dropping of a bat-themed vigilante would already blow peoples minds apart. they dont even have to directly show Batman to bring him into this universe.

My point is that someone like Batman wouldnt stand by and watch a whole city like Starling getting burned to the ground by something that represents everything Batman hates. He would so be there and take Deathstroke on himself.

Even just a mention in Season 3 that someone saw a "bat-like" figure in the city, fighting some of the Mirakuru soldiers would be awesome.

I know, not gonna happen but a fan can dream can he?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade Wilson View Post
    Actually I dont even think its impossible anymore for Batman to show up on Arrow. Not after how big they got this year and that was only the 2nd season. Who knows how big and DCU-spanning the show will get by the time of Season 4 or 5. And after they bring in Flash now and after DCE announcing that they plan to have various different (and contradicting) versions of their characters appear at the same time in movies, TV, games etc. I think the possibility of more grounded major heroes such as Batman showing up has become a lot bigger than before. They started Season 1 with the no powers rule but pretty much threw that away and started to expand more into the DCU in season 2. I know they said they dont want to bring in the really big A-listers because they would take the focus away from Oliver if they show up. But now they brought in Barry Allen. Not as Flash but still.

Its highly doubtful that the more scifi characters such as Superman, Wonder Woman or Green Lantern will show up because with Arrow they want to keep the more grounded feeling even though they are okay with having superpowers now. But they made it pretty clear that Arrow is supposed to keep that grounded reality while Flash is gonna be exploring the more scifi side of things. So an intergalactic space cop, kryptonian in blue tights or an Amazon princess - probably never gonna happen on Arrow.

Batman on the other hand would be perfect for this world - and they already dipped deeply into his mythology and characters anyway. But if he ever shows up - I doubt he will be played by Ben Affleck.

Hell, Oliver only finding a batarang stuck into a wall or any name-dropping of a bat-themed vigilante would already blow peoples minds apart. they dont even have to directly show Batman to bring him into this universe.

My point is that someone like Batman wouldnt stand by and watch a whole city like Starling getting burned to the ground by something that represents everything Batman hates. He would so be there and take Deathstroke on himself.

Even just a mention in Season 3 that someone saw a "bat-like" figure in the city, fighting some of the Mirakuru soldiers would be awesome.

I know, not gonna happen but a fan can dream can he?
    Yeah, it's quite possible that Batman (or someone from Batfamily) might show up in Arrow, considering that they are allowing different and contradictory takes.

Another thing to keep in mind: Imagine if they had allowed everything to be connected. Would be a mess.

It worked for SHIELD, because it was planned that way.

Connecting everything means less freedom for the writers of the show (movie Executives will have more power over what happens in the show).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Flash, iZombie and Constantine are all picked up (Along with Gotham). So, that's 5 DC TV shows (including Arrow)
    Shame their characters aren't apparently good enough to have feature films, at least according to WB.