Page 954 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 454854904944950951952953954955956957958964100410541454 ... LastLast
Results 14,296 to 14,310 of 28116
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    New director, new script lol, what are the odds of a new actor in the role? if this isn't a sign of Affleck trying to get out then I dont know what it. He's been working on the script for a year, possibly more and then it goes down the drain.

Still is confirms that there were indeed serious problems with the script as previously reported. I sincerely hope this is for the best.
    If he wanted to get out he could just get out. In hindsight I can't believe he was trying to do all this:

"With scripting duties and directing demands off his shoulders, Affleck will have more time to commit to overcoming the exhaustion and frustrations that became a problem for him recently after a demanding schedule that included Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, The Accountant, Justice League, and Live By Night. Acting in all five of those films, plus doing scripting and editing duties on a few as well, and of course serving as writer-director-actor for Live By Night, put a strain on Affleck and made it difficult for him to focus on the screenplay for The Batman."

BANNED

Yeah, the dude was just overworking himself. It makes sense for him to relinquish some duties. That said, I don't know if the script changes are fine by him or not.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Exclusive: ‘Justice League’ To Be A “Rebirth Of Hope”

http://heroichollywood.com/justice-league-rebirth-hope/

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Directors work with other people's scripts all the time. Why should they throw out everything Affleck wrote for the film just because he's not directing? They're wrecking their entire plans for the film for no good reason. It's studio crap, plain and simple. And it sounds to me like you're just willing to defend everything that happens regarding the DCEU no matter what.
    Re-writes and re-shoots happen all the time in Hollywood too. Why sometimes, they even make the movie better!

Affleck is still very much involved in the creative process. He's still a producer. He still has the option of walking away from the DCEU as a whole anytime he likes. Cavil and Gadot don't really have that option because they'd never work in Hollywood again. Affleck? Hardly. He's reached that level where he can write his own meal ticket. If he didn't believe in this movie, he could easily step away from it.

And as for me defending the DCEU? I happen to have enjoyed the last three movies, so of course I don't look at every piece of news through your "How are they going to screw this up" lens. I enjoyed the first three movies. Could improvements have been made? Yes. So when I hear that WB is, in fact, trying to make those aforementioned improvements, I look at it that way. You, on the other hand, just insist on believing that everything they're doing is just making things worse, to the point where I don't see how it can be remotely possible for you to enjoy any of these movies, since you exert so much energy into believing they'll be crap before they even come out.

I have enjoyed the DCEU ride thus far. I recognize that mistakes have been made. I am seeing WB making statements that they are attempting to correct those mistakes. That's good enough for me. For now. You want to see me change my tune with regard to the DCEU? If the Wonder Woman movie displays all the same mistakes that BvS and SS made, you'll see a definite change in my attitude. If Justice League follows suit, you can bet your bottom dollar my optimism will dry up in a hurry.

What you WON'T see me do, however, is make a bunch of assumptions about all these movies being crap until and unless I see some real evidence to that end. And no, standard-issue Hollywood changes do NOT count as real evidence in my book. Neither do unsubstantiated rumors from anonymous sources that have "Anti-DCEU Trolling" written all over them. When I go and see Wonder Woman? I'll see for myself. If it's crap? Get ready to see a big change in my attitude. I'm a huge Wonder Woman fan and I've been waiting for a Wonder Woman movie for about ten years. If Wonder Woman is crap, then it'll take a miracle to convince me to go see Justice League. If that miracle happens and I go see it, and IT'S crap too? Then WB will have proven beyond all doubt that they have learned nothing from their mistakes, and the rest of the DCEU can go hang for all I care.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Exclusive: ‘Justice League’ To Be A “Rebirth Of Hope”

http://heroichollywood.com/justice-league-rebirth-hope/
    And my optimism grows stronger!

And this is another prime example of what I was just talking about. If Justice League fails to deliver on all these promises from this interview and many others? Yeah, I'm going to remember every broken promise and THEN Warner Bros will have earned my utter lack of trust. Right now, they've made some good, but flawed, movies. They've promised to correct those flaws. I'm going to give them the chance to show me that they have done so. If they don't deliver, THEN an instinctive distrust of them will be warranted.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 02-09-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I seriously doubt this "new script" rumor. Besides the fact that discarding his script would piss off Affleck, why bother to have Chris Terrio making a script revision just to throw it away and start over again? Why the new director can't work with a script already done?

I wonder what happened with Mark Hughes. He was one of the first to take a stand against negative DCEU rumors and now he's helping to spread them. Maybe he's suffering of "Trump Derangement Syndrome".
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Yeah, the dude was just overworking himself. It makes sense for him to relinquish some duties. That said, I don't know if the script changes are fine by him or not.
    It seemed crazy for Ben to wear all those hats.

Sure Batman does that type of stuff in the comics, but in real life.....

BANNED

And another thing: I thought Batman was the best part of BvS. So if Zack Snyder was given the director's chair for The Batman, to be honest, I wouldn't be mad at all. I might even be tempted to smile. Just keep Zack away from Superman though and everything will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Re-writes and re-shoots happen all the time in Hollywood too. Why sometimes, they even make the movie better!
    The Avengers, the pinnacle of the MCU, at least financially, had to be rewritten basically from scratch according to Joss Whedon. He has gone on record saying the other guy (Zack Penn) got credit for writing duties only due to legalities as Whedon had to rehaul the entire damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    I seriously doubt this "new script" rumor. Besides the fact that discarding his script would piss off Affleck, why bother to have Chris Terrio making a script revision just to throw it away and start over again? Why the new director can't work with a script already done?

I wonder what happened with Mark Hughes. He was one of the first to take a stand against negative DCEU rumors and now he's helping to spread them. Maybe he's suffering of "Trump Derangement Syndrome".
    I didn't get that vibe from his article at all. He seriously seems to want nothing but the best for the DCEU going forward and really hopes Affleck stays in the role as well.

Btw I knew a lot of people here would have problems with him suggesting that the Flash movie should just be transformed into "Titans" with members of the Bat-Family hijacking the film, making it a Bat-trifecta with Gotham City Sirens and the Batman solo. If we don't hear enough of "WB/DC only care about Batman!" NOW, imagine what would happen if that came to pass...

I was really looking forward to an Affleck batman movie, but I guess I'll settle for him just starring if the new director is solid. Overall I just need WW and JL to be good so I can finally have some hope for the DCEU.

BANNED

So, any criticism of the DCEU is now spreading "negative rumors". See what I mean when I say people are overly defensive of WB? If there's any likelihood that the entire script will be rewritten (and there is) he should acknowledge it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Affleck is still very much involved in the creative process. He's still a producer. He still has the option of walking away from the DCEU as a whole anytime he likes. Cavil and Gadot don't really have that option because they'd never work in Hollywood again. Affleck? Hardly. He's reached that level where he can write his own meal ticket. If he didn't believe in this movie, he could easily step away from it.

And as for me defending the DCEU? I happen to have enjoyed the last three movies, so of course I don't look at every piece of news through your "How are they going to screw this up" lens. I enjoyed the first three movies. Could improvements have been made? Yes. So when I hear that WB is, in fact, trying to make those aforementioned improvements, I look at it that way. You, on the other hand, just insist on believing that everything they're doing is just making things worse, to the point where I don't see how it can be remotely possible for you to enjoy any of these movies, since you exert so much energy into believing they'll be crap before they even come out.

I have enjoyed the DCEU ride thus far. I recognize that mistakes have been made. I am seeing WB making statements that they are attempting to correct those mistakes. That's good enough for me. For now. You want to see me change my tune with regard to the DCEU? If the Wonder Woman movie displays all the same mistakes that BvS and SS made, you'll see a definite change in my attitude. If Justice League follows suit, you can bet your bottom dollar my optimism will dry up in a hurry.

What you WON'T see me do, however, is make a bunch of assumptions about all these movies being crap until and unless I see some real evidence to that end. And no, standard-issue Hollywood changes do NOT count as real evidence in my book. Neither do unsubstantiated rumors from anonymous sources that have "Anti-DCEU Trolling" written all over them. When I go and see Wonder Woman? I'll see for myself. If it's crap? Get ready to see a big change in my attitude. I'm a huge Wonder Woman fan and I've been waiting for a Wonder Woman movie for about ten years. If Wonder Woman is crap, then it'll take a miracle to convince me to go see Justice League. If that miracle happens and I go see it, and IT'S crap too? Then WB will have proven beyond all doubt that they have learned nothing from their mistakes, and the rest of the DCEU can go hang for all I care.
    A. No I DON'T assume everything DC does will make things worse. In fact my default reaction to their changes is "will this lead to characters I like being featured?" I'm hoping the changing plans for the Flash and Batman will lead to my favorite characters being used, but the fact that Affleck has gone from total control over the film to just acting, despite promising a few weeks ago that he was still going to write and direct, is bullsh*t.

B. I only spend this much energy criticizing the DCEU because they keep GIVING me that energy. The amount of broken promises, changes, and failures we've seen so far is NOT NORMAL. I don't care if Marvel does that stuff sometimes, the frequency is not comparable. Especially since the DCEU is only 3 movies in so far.

I can objectively criticize the DCEU without intending to hate the films no matter what. Sounds like you can't.

"Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

BANNED

That's not so bad I guess. Hopefully Johns and Afflecks ideas weren't completely thrown away, I trust them more than Terrio.