Page 956 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 456856906946952953954955956957958959960966100610561456 ... LastLast
Results 14,326 to 14,340 of 28116
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Agreed. That synopsis should be all you need to know about the movie. Everyone knows Superman will return, but let's not get into specifics about it. That comment that he will have a "big role" to play is more than enough.

I'm a little concerned about Darkseid's description as an "alien warlord." Hopefully, that's just a shorthand explanation in order to save page space, because "alien warlord" is Mongul's thing. Darkseid is the freaking GOD OF EVIL, and he should be written accordingly.
    Where's it say he will have a big role?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Where's it say he will have a big role?
    It was in another interview. I think Snyder said something to that effect.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Um...Batman on Film says what now? http://batman-news.com/2017/02/09/th...affleck-happy/

Also, Mangeniello (however you spell that) just did a podcast where he discusses how he has begun weapons & martial arts training for Deathstroke. If he were leaving or doing a project in the interim, I don't think he'd be weapons training yet (getting in incredible shape, sure; not weapons training).

And I could be mistaken, but wasn't Joe the only one who ever actually said shooting would start in the spring? Affleck certainly didn't, and the rest of the "news" were just rumors from "sources close to WB". It's very possible this film was always meant for a summer/fall start date, we have no way of knowing. But I will say this: Affleck didn't write the script & spend so much time on this thing to just sit back & let a new guy walk all over it. You can mark *my* words, whomever gets hired to direct will do so in title only; this is still Affleck's project, and the new director will be more of a ghost director. Affleck as writer, producer, and star will have more control over this thing than the director will, no matter who they get (which may be why nobody has been hired yet; who wouldn't want a Batman film? Someone with no real creative control, that's who).
    Thats Batman News not Batman on Film, at least read the name of the website you're using.

Joe stated in that very interview that he likes preparing well in advance and he's been a body building nut for a long time so he's almost always jacked.
    Irons also tallied Joe when it comes to the shooting schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Thats Batman News not Batman on Film, at least read the name of the website you're using.

Joe stated in that very interview that he likes preparing well in advance and he's been a body building nut for a long time so he's almost always jacked.
    Irons also tallied Joe when it comes to the shooting schedule.
    Lol yup, my bad I did list the wrong one didn't I (that's what happens when I post at 5am). Doesn't make my comment any less valid though.

I guess Joe is learning one-eyed martial arts now rather than later just for the hell of it though. My point is, some of you guys would prefer to see the DCEU fold and it's obvious from the way you post. Makes me wonder why some bother to come in this thread.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 02-10-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

http://deadline.com/2017/02/matt-ree...es-1201907823/

EXCLUSIVE: I’ve heard Warner Bros has offered the directing job on its Batman franchise to Matt Reeves, the filmmaker who just finished War For The Planet Of The Apes for Fox. This comes weeks after Ben Affleck decided that directing and starring in such a massive undertaking was too much. The emergence of Reeves is hardly a surprise; it was known he was the filmmaker the studio engaged when Affleck made his decision after weeks of wavering.

If the deal makes, this is a big opportunity for Reeves, who became a director to watch on the sleeper genre hit Cloverfield, and followed with the remake of the hit vampire coming-of-age import Let The Right One In. Reeves took the leap to event-sized films with Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, the first of his two films in that hit series for 2oth Century Fox. The latest installment, War For The Planet of the Apes, will be released by Fox July 14. Word is that film would have put him on the tent pole A list, so what better time to take on a high profile assignment like relaunching Batman as a free standing franchise for Warner Bros and DC?

There have been two films by Tim Burton, two more by Joel Schumacher and then the Dark Knight trilogy by Christopher Nolan. All this started when Affleck agreed to write a script with Geoff Johns, for Affleck to star and direct. Warner Bros and DC have been working on getting that launch film right, with the most recent rewrite turned in by Affleck’s Argo scribe Chris Terrio, sources said. Reeves is repped by CAA and 3 Arts. Stay tuned to this Batchannel to see if the deal consummates.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I went to bed pissed off because of the last bullshit from Batman-On-Film and I woke up to this.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Actually THREE actors from the Sam Raimi Spider-Man: Joe Manganiello played Flash Thompson

"My fist breaking your teeth, that's the accident!" Gosh, I loved my teenage years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    It was in another interview. I think Snyder said something to that effect.
    I believe Snyder said that Superman will play a big part in Justice League whether he's on or off the screen. Which makes sense because Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, and now Justice League will all be films that surround Superman and/or his presence in the world.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    I went to bed pissed off because of the last bullshit from Batman-On-Film and I woke up to this.
    I can't believe Jett still thinks he's relevant.

I remember reading his review for the Wonder Woman DTV and him feeling that she shouldn't be dealing with the Greek Gods, but with a more "realistic" threat. Because Nolan or some ****. And I think he circulated that rumor that the Amazons were descended from Kryptonians. In short, when it comes to WW, best to ignore him.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Sorry, if it's a dumb question but are we actually getting sequels for SS and WW (because I'd very much like that)? To explore more of their worlds and not just solo and JL movies. There's Ostrander's Suicide Squad Vol. 5 where the Squad invades Apokolips, Wondy should fight Cheeta and Doc Psycho on the big screen at one point.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Best of my knowledge, nothing confirmed for either. SS did well so it's very likely it will eventually get a sequel. Stay tuned for WW, the first film hasn't hit yet and it depends on that.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I'm pretty sure they've already said Suicide Squad 2 will happen, but thanks to the thickness of DC's movie scheduling, it will be a while before they get to it. I don't think they set a definitive release time yet, though. But yeah, it definitely made more than enough to warrant a sequel. Even a couple spinoffs, with Gotham City Sirens and the mentioned Deadshot movie.

Wonder Woman? Nothing definitive yet. They'll probably wait until they see the performance of the first movie before they make any decisions there.

Personally, I think she'll definitely get a sequel or two. The hype for her movie is huge on a whole host of levels. The movie didn't have the enormous budget that BvS had, so all it needs to do is make about the average box office for a solo superhero movie, and it will be an unquestioned financial success. And there's at least a chance it may make a good bit more than average, given the support the movie already has from several parties who have a vested interest in seeing this movie succeed.

The only thing that can kill Wonder Woman's chances for becoming a franchise is if WB makes the same mistakes with her that they made with BvS and SS. If this movie is just a simple, powerful superhero movie with a wide range of audience appeal, it will succeed both financially and possibly critically as well. If that happens, then that will go a long way toward winning back the faith of the audience and getting DC movies cast in a better light all around. If Justice League can then build upon that positivity and also do at least better than BvS with the critics, then this year could really be the turning point for DC to get back in the game. Lego Batman is out now, and being very well-received. The audience is right there: fully receptive to the idea of good DC-based movies. If Wonder Woman builds on Lego Batman's success and Justice League builds on Wonder Woman and Lego Batman's success, then this year WILL see a paradigm shift in how people look at DC's movies.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Since I saw the first moving pictures from WW and JL I was sure they won't disappoint me. BvS had me sceptical to begin with since those Milleresque armor designs showed up... the Suicide Squad novelization prooves the movie could have been better with minor changes.

Ben Affleck Reportedly Doesn't Want to Play Batman Anymore - http://http://comicbook.com/2017/02/...itting-batman/
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Ben Affleck Reportedly Doesn't Want to Play Batman Anymore - http://http://comicbook.com/2017/02/...itting-batman/
    The state of that link accurately reflects my thoughts on that rumor's credibility
    IMG_8642.jpg