Page 968 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 468868918958964965966967968969970971972978101810681468 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 28116
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Why are we still having these debates so many pages later? The films are polarizing, there's no debate about that. Some of us hate them, some of us love them, some of us think they're just alright. The critics hated it, but clearly it wasn't universally hated and still made tons of money, even if the number wasn't quite as ridiculous as they'd hoped. The franchise is ongoing, and none of us know whether the next few films will be successful or not. Can we please all accept those facts instead of beating dead horses every time a piece of news comes out?
    I can't, arguing with people about the DCEU is an addiction. Over the last 2 days I've spent about 2 hours total doing that on Twitter alone. It's not exactly fun but I can't help it. These debates will never stop, these films were made to be polarizing and provocative so if the constant discussions are annoying you can blame the films.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    This is one of those times where the DC board could do with a new sticky 'Anti DECU' thread at the top, or something along the lines of a 'No Nu-Wally Bashing' rule applied to this one. This thread was established to share news, gossip and pictures relating to the DECU and it's future installments, not to develop into some redundant stand-off between fans of the franchise and half a dozen or so posters riddled with constant negativity and hyperbole. The 'debate' on this thread is going absolutely nowhere, it's just a form of attrition. The way that the 'official' DECU thread on here has turned into a never-ending cycle of fans of the movies constantly having to defend them against ridiculous whining and doom-mongering says a lot about comic-book fandom.

Let's separate them, create another thread where the Anti-DECU crowd can complain to their hearts content and the rest of us can carry on enjoying the series (although I'm pretty sure the complaining will die down when they realise that we've stopped listening!).

The whole 'Despite the over-whelming evidence to the contrary I'll declare the DCEU a failure again because, hey, the 30th time is definitely the charm!' attitude is just quite sad really. If people want to do that then fine, but they could really do with a different outlet to do so. This thread is just tired now.
    lol my bad. In my defense, I don't do it often. I used to be a pretty active (and optimistic) poster here before BvS came out but I completely hated it and have occasionally gone off about it. I'll keep myself from raining on people's parades here

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I can't, arguing with people about the DCEU is an addiction. Over the last 2 days I've spent about 2 hours total doing that on Twitter alone. It's not exactly fun but I can't help it. These debates will never stop, these films were made to be polarizing and provocative so if the constant discussions are annoying you can blame the films.
    That's really only one step away from admitting that you're just coming on here to stir things up. And that's trolling.

Even funnier, so it's the movie's fault that you've got such a big chip on your shoulder? Yeah course it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    lol my bad. In my defense, I don't do it often. I used to be a pretty active (and optimistic) poster here before BvS came out but I completely hated it and have occasionally gone off about it. I'll keep myself from raining on people's parades here
    Oh man, that really, really wasn't aimed at you personally. If you don't like BvS then that's entirely your decision. Just like it's anyone else's. It's just that the constant back and forth between the DCEU fans and it's detractors on this thread is going nowhere. And it's boring. Like many others, I like to click on this thread to see updates, information and pictures relating to the films (I never, EVER get tired of seeing new pictures of Gal Gadot!), not to wade through pages of repetitive 'Anti DCEU' crap.

That's the internet. There must be a solution though.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I made a poll thread asking what people thought about Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad. Maybe those kinds of conversations can happen there instead?

I don't mind people saying "I don't like xyx for Wonder Woman" or "I don't like xyz about their approach for Justice League" when a bit of news comes out, this doesn't have to be a fan hype thread. But we shouldn't just keep looping back to fights about whether we liked or disliked the movies.

That's really only one step away from admitting that you're just coming on here to stir things up. And that's trolling.
    Yeah, I don't think that's what most people are in this thread are here for, arguing about the merits of the entire franchise for hours.

Mighty Member

Even funnier, so it's the movie's fault that you've got such a big chip on your shoulder? Yeah course it is.
    My thoughts exactly... I can't stop... but I'm definitley not trolling.

BANNED

Oh man, that really, really wasn't aimed at you personally. If you don't like BvS then that's entirely your decision. Just like it's anyone else's. It's just that the constant back and forth between the DCEU fans and it's detractors on this thread is going nowhere. And it's boring. Like many others, I like to click on this thread to see updates, information and pictures relating to the films (I never, EVER get tired of seeing new pictures of Gal Gadot!), not to wade through pages of repetitive 'Anti DCEU' crap.

That's the internet. There must be a solution though.
    I'm not trolling, I just can't stay quiet while these movies come out and turn people against DC. Even if you like these films they are not winning people over, it isn't hard to see the DCEU doesn't have the best reputation at the moment. Pointing that out isn't trolling and I'm sorry you see it that way.

Temuera Morrison And Nicole Kidman Reportedly Added To Aquaman Cast

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/22/temu...st-in-aquaman/

I'm not trolling, I just can't stay quiet while these movies come out and turn people against DC. Even if you like these films they are not winning people over, it isn't hard to see the DCEU doesn't have the best reputation at the moment. Pointing that out isn't trolling and I'm sorry you see it that way.
    The movies aren't turning people "against DC" in a way that has much of an impact on the comics. The films are polarizing, we already know. You don't like them, we know. Neither of those points need to be reiterated going forward, do they?

Astonishing Member

Temuera Morrison And Nicole Kidman Reportedly Added To Aquaman Cast

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/22/temu...st-in-aquaman/

I really like these "potential" castings. I wonder what type of Queen Atlanna they're going for in the DC Extended Universe. I loved her recent story line in Maelstrom.

The movies aren't turning people "against DC"
    DCEU is turning people "against DC" so much so that Harley, Joker and Batman became the top most selling Halloween costumes post-Suicide Squad And that soundtrack was a chart topper too.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-23-2017 at 04:03 AM.

They're already copying Marvel by doing a shared cinematic universe in the first place. No one is telling DC to be exactly like Marvel, literally no one. Wanting the DCEU to be well planned like Marvel, coherent like Marvel, and consistently satisfying like Marvel, does not mean they should replicate the Marvel tone exactly. There are better ways to distinguish the 2 companies than by turning the DCEU into an ugly and pretentious snorefest that tries like hell to be epic and profound but fails to be more intellectual than the average Roland Emmerich film.

And again, WB is by no means new to making superhero films. No. Excuses.
    No one's telling them to be exactly like Marvel? I guess you missed all the comments about how they should be more colorful like Marvel, how they should save people during fights like Marvel, how they should make jokes like Marvel etc.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I love Bill Murray, but that was one atrocious casting choice.
    Well, look what I found
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndSp1zM_8cY

BANNED

The movies aren't turning people "against DC" in a way that has much of an impact on the comics. The films are polarizing, we already know. You don't like them, we know. Neither of those points need to be reiterated going forward, do they?
    It was a bad move for them to start out making polarizing films. The early years of the DCEU should have been spent cultivating a fanbase and building up viewers trust in the studio/universe. After that, THEN they could start being experimental and risky. But they didn't, they brought the "challenging" stuff right out of the gate and now most people think DC films are inferior to Marvel.

Snyder's polarizing filmmaking doesn't work for a shared universe that's meant to last years, especially not this early on. If the universe was already established and they had some room for experimentation, cool. Fine. I can tolerate a mediocre Superman film if it tries to push the boundaries a little. But the DCEU did theirs at the worst possible time. So they get zero tolerance from me.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I didn't actually say that you were trolling, just that your earlier comments were 'one step away' from doing so. It's not an unreasonable assumption.

You're on here every single day with the same rhetoric. And in your previous post you admit that 'arguing with people about the DCEU is an addiction'. It's quite easy to tally that statement with your behaviour on this thread and come to the conclusion that you're just creating bad blood on here because you get some form of enjoyment out of it. If you insist otherwise then that's fine.

One way that I definitely do see things is that these repetitive 'Anti DCEU' comments, from both yourself and others, are often deeply rooted in hyperbole. The constant 'Aagh! The sky's falling down again!' attitude is totally at odds with reality. Yes, the DCEU has been controversial, with it's fair share of teething problems, but it's only 'turning people against DC' on nerdy websites like this. In the real world the general populace isn't that arsed. To those people, BvS and SS were just two more movies amongst many that they sat through last year munching their popcorn, not something that caused them to rush out of the cinema screaming 'My eyes! My eyes!'. The notion that the DCEU fans on here are fighting a losing battle defending a failing movie series is a complete exaggeration. When 'Aquaman' enters into production in Australia in May it will be the 6th DCEU film to do so, hardly the symptom of a 'dead franchise walking'.

The DCEU is going nowhere for the foreseeable future. It will still be a major component of WB's schedule 18 months from now. Could the films be better received? Sure, that's always nice. Don't kid yourselves though, you really aren't some noble band of keyboard warriors fighting the good fight on poor old DC's behalf. Quite the opposite actually.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 02-23-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Badly phrased sentences

I didn't actually say that you were trolling, just that your earlier comments were 'one step away' from doing so. It's not an unreasonable assumption.

You're on here every single day with the same rhetoric. And in your previous post you admit that 'arguing with people about the DCEU is an addiction'. It's quite easy to tally that statement with your behaviour on this thread and come to the conclusion that you're just creating bad blood on here because you get some form of enjoyment out of it. If you insist otherwise then that's fine.

One way that I definitely do see things is that these repetitive 'Anti DCEU' comments, from both yourself and others, are often deeply rooted in hyperbole. The constant 'Aagh! The sky's falling down again!' attitude is totally at odds with reality. Yes, the DCEU has been controversial, with it's fair share of teething problems, but it's only 'turning people against DC' on nerdy websites like this. In the real world the general populace isn't that arsed. To those people, BvS and SS were just two more movies amongst many that they sat through last year munching their popcorn, not something that caused them to rush out of the cinema screaming 'My eyes! My eyes!. The notion that the DCEU fans on here are fighting a losing battle defending a failing movie series is a complete exaggeration. When 'Aquaman' enters into production in Australia in May it will be the 6th DCEU film to do so, hardly the symptom of a 'dead franchise walking'.

The DCEU is going nowhere for the foreseeable future. It will still be a major component of WB's schedule 18 months from now. Could the films be better received? Sure, that's always nice. Don't kid yourselves though, you really aren't some noble band of keyboard warriors fighting the good fight on poor old DC's behalf. Quite the opposite actually.
    You, sir, are my new hero. Fantastic post.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."