Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Black Cat Appreciation 2018

The Black Cat backup story in ASM #1 was a good one, she's got a good reason to be angry. Problem for Spidey is she's going to take it out on the wrong guy and won't listen, lol. I don't think we've ever really seen Black Cat this vengeful or bad before, so that should be interesting to see.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Black Cat is awesome, I'm so looking forward to what's in store for the character's future.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Question The Evil That Men Do

This looks like as good a place as any to ask:

What do you people over here at CBR think about Kevin Smith's origin story to her, The Evil That Men Do?

Beucase I had people tell it to my face that it's supposed to be this godawful thing, and I read people demonizing it, but I fell completely the opposite way about it.

And I'm new to this particular community, so I would be interested in the opinions of you folks.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhater View Post

What do you people over here at CBR think about Kevin Smith's origin story to her, The Evil That Men Do?

Beucase I had people tell it to my face that it's supposed to be this godawful thing, and I read people demonizing it, but I fell completely the opposite way about it.

And I'm new to this particular community, so I would be interested in the opinions of you folks.
    The first half was pretty good. Then came the rape.

Same here! I liked it a lot!
    First of all: I love the dynamics of Peter and Felicia and this series depicts them very well. I also love that we got to know more about Felicia and I was actually moved by her story, especially because she explains that Spidey is the first man she trusted after she got raped. She grew quite a lot in character and was more than just a sexy maneating nymph. Loved it.
    The story itself had some flaws, I have to admit that I literally skipped over a few dialogues because it was really tiring to read it at times. I think that the plot was confusing and forced and Daredevil saying "What am I, retarded?" made me facepalm so hard my head hurt.
    But overall it wasn't awful and I liked it.

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

I thought it was a super fun read. I think some people hate on it simply because Kevin Smith wrote it.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

It sucked because it was completely out of character and made no sense. The rape act was a bad joke for starters but besides that it didn't fit with her personality. If she had of been a vigilante that killed rapist I could see, but she was a Master Thief who became one because her father was one and she wanted him out of jail. Made Sense perfect simple back story then Kevin Smith said "Nope she became a Master Thief because she was Raped" Wait What???

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The Black Cat backup story in ASM #1 was a good one, she's got a good reason to be angry. Problem for Spidey is she's going to take it out on the wrong guy and won't listen, lol. I don't think we've ever really seen Black Cat this vengeful or bad before, so that should be interesting to see.
    so she got a backup story? man I can't wait to get my hands on that issue, too bad I gotta wait until tomorrow night to do so
    I need to start dumping my Black Cat pics in here again

the general consensus is that it started of amazing, but then it go t hit with delays and the story turned to something else entirely and we ended up with a story that's good. It showed a lot of promise and would be one of the best BC stories were it not for all the constraints.
    Maybe if you've never read it before and are able to get the full story now it would be amazing but for those of us that read it as it came out, it's forever tainted
    Last edited by ceroxide; 05-01-2014 at 05:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
    the general consensus is that it started of amazing, but then it go t hit with delays and the story turned to something else entirely and we ended up with a story that's good. It showed a lot of promise and would be one of the best BC stories were it not for all the constraints.
    Maybe if you've never read it before and are able to get the full story now it would be amazing but for those of us that read it as it came out, it's forever tainted
    The publication date on Wikipedia WAS weird. It really took three full years for it to get published? That's unfortunate...

Also, so far this is the first place I saw that praised that story, hopefully it's not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    We need to remember that Felicia might have been heading in this direction post-OMD. My feeling for the new status quo is that fact that no one else at Marvel was interested in using her in their titles. There was a time when we say other Spider-Writers using her in other titles but ASM. But now there in only one Spider-Man series with one sole writer. It would be sad to see Felicia holding a grudge against Spider-Man without realizing that it wasn't Peter who apprehend her in the first place. And why didn't her bad luck powers saw Spock's attack? Because her powers were nullified to make Spock look good. I think that the right thing for Peter to do is just reveal his identity to Felicia and explain what had happened. But I seriously doubt that's going to happen as they might keep Felicia as a super villain from this point onward because Marvel doesn't want a Catwoman ripoff for Spider-Man.
    Honestly, now with Mary-Jane and Carlie permanently out of the picture, this looks like the best opportunity for Peter to hook up with Felicia.

I always said that The Superior Spider-Man was the best thing to happen to Spider-Man comics since the eighties, and now the changes and plot progression from that book could go even further.

And Peter being in a steady relationship with a woman who can fight crime right alongside him would be a welcome change after all's said and done.
    Last edited by Haruhater; 05-01-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

The publication date on Wikipedia WAS weird. It really took three full years for it to get published? That's unfortunate...

Also, so far this is the first place I saw that praised that story, hopefully it's not the only one.

Honestly, now with Mary-Jane and Carlie permanently out of the picture, this looks like the best opportunity for Peter to hook up with Felicia.

I always said that The Superior Spider-Man was the best thing to happen to Spider-Man comics since the eighties, and now the changes and plot progression from that book could go even further.

And Peter being in a steady relationship with a woman who can fight crime right alongside him would be a welcome change after all's said and done.
    It is a chance for them to get together, but I feel that ultimately the relationship will fail. But it would be fun to see them try
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    It is a chance for them to get together, but I feel that ultimately the relationship will fail. But it would be fun to see them try
    Have you guys read the back-up story in ASM #1? I'm going to assume not, so without spoiling more than we've already suggested on this thread, I think it's safe to say Pete and Felicia will not be hooking up any time soon... or possibly ever... after the events of this week's issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    There will not be a relationship between Spider-Man x Black Cat under Slott's penmanship. Unless Peter decides to reveal his secret identity to her and explain what had happened regarding Otto's Octavius, it's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-01-2014 at 07:34 AM.

BANNED

Honestly, now with Mary-Jane and Carlie permanently out of the picture
    Carlie? Probably. MJ? Not a chance. She's still going to be a big deal in the comic despite her relationship status and she'll probably be on the market again just in time for the third ASM movie or something when the next live-action MJ is introduced.

I would definitely like to see the old Felicia/Peter closeness/friendship blossom again, with the two knowing each other's identities and progressing from there.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 05-01-2014 at 07:32 AM.