Page 161 of 176 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2635

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, continuity-wise the only revelation would be that Peter was living with another woman, not that he'd gotten married .
    Heh, you know what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, and she's spilling all of that info on Forest Hills to his enemies.

I don't think she thought this through
    "Why were you in Forest Hills?"

"I . . . hell if I know."

Ultimate Member

Felicia probably wasn't thinking clearly and probably didn't admit all of that about Peter as a means to get back at him but more that she got tunnel vision about hunting Venom and just got caught up in the moment kind of thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Women have shown cleavage in comic books, and men have worn skin tight body armor that shows every rippling ab, flex in their buttox, chest muscle and bulge.

But I don't see these same people screaming for Nightwing to cover up and "be decent". I wonder why.

But that's another discussion for another day lol
    To be fair, he is covered up. That’s fabric over his butt. Yes, it’s drawn in a way that shows off his assets but it’s still covered. Men aren’t showing off cleavage and doing silly stupid poses like female char targets usually are portrayed in. Remember that Starfire comic?

Though, I think if it is in character, they still should be drawn and portrayed as a human being and not just a pinup. That’s what people have an issue with. Not every female character is going to have their body suit zipper unzipped down to their belly button. For Catwoman, it seems a tad out of character.... same goes for Black Widow. It seems a little more fitting for Felicia.

Still, I love the game outfit design. It’s nice to get different interpretations of a character. Life long Black Cat fan here, so don’t pounce!

Ultimate Member

I think that for all three of the ladies that you mentioned vitamin they pull down the zipper with the intent of getting people to stare, to throw their opponent, usually men, off of their game a bit and none of the three ladies is exactly chaste or aside from loving to show some skin...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that for all three of the ladies that you mentioned vitamin they pull down the zipper with the intent of getting people to stare, to throw their opponent, usually men, off of their game a bit and none of the three ladies is exactly chaste or aside from loving to show some skin...
    Obligatory: http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=398 [NSFW, contains comedy cartoon boobs]

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yes, they do it for the men who are reading the comics featuring said characters. I’ve barely seen it used the way you said it has been... just look at Widow on screen. No reason other than being the sole female on the team in the first Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Yes, they do it for the men who are reading the comics featuring said characters. I’ve barely seen it used the way you said it has been... just look at Widow on screen. No reason other than being the sole female on the team in the first Avengers.
    I for one prefer my superheroes (male and female) to be drawn with idealized bodies. I simply detest how some comic book artists today draw the characters in an almost androgynist fashion. Comic Books have always been about escapism. These works are not supposed to be realistic or honestly even taken seriously in many cases.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-15-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I for one prefer my superheroes (male and female) to be drawn with idealized bodies. I simply detest how some comic book artists today draw the characters in an almost androgynist fashion. Comic Books have always been about escapism. These works are not supposed to be realistic or honestly even taken seriously in many cases.
    i think that there's room for both. But I object when some folks automatically conclude that a more "sexy" interpretation of characters is somehow "soft p_rn" or the like. Frank Cho draws beautiful women. I don't see him as being intentionally exploitative. Some of the more extreme "anti-exploitation" (with progressive intent) sentiments end up sharing space with arch-Puritan ideology, ironically enough...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i think that there's room for both. But I object when some folks automatically conclude that a more "sexy" interpretation of characters is somehow "soft p_rn" or the like. Frank Cho draws beautiful women. I don't see him as being intentionally exploitative. Some of the more extreme "anti-exploitation" (with progressive intent) sentiments end up sharing space with arch-Puritan ideology, ironically enough...
    I think a lot of the problem is that for so long, the industry was dominated by one set of perspectives that was, to be honest, fairly oblivious if not outright insensitive to others. That's not the case so much these days, and there is a lot of course correction being done by the Big Two (Marvel especially) in terms of expanding the range of what kinds of people can write and draw a comic book, what kinds of stories can be told within those comic books, and even what kinds of characters can be the protagonists of those stories. Overall, that's a good thing, as we gain nothing creatively when we say that only certain people can or that certain kinds of people can't break into comics and tell great stories as true to the human experience as the stories that have been told before. At the same time, I think there should be room for a respectful discourse where no one accuses those they disagree with of having untoward or dishonest intentions behind their beliefs and actions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Really, my only problem with the Insomnniac suit is that I don't really care for the shoulder and arm guards versus her traditional white fur and the random lines on the suit.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really, my only problem with the Insomnniac suit is that I don't really care for the shoulder and arm guards versus her traditional white fur and the random lines on the suit.
    I think the Edge of Time suit for Black Cat 2099 was good in the sense that it kept the aesthetics of classic Black Cat while also giving it a more futuristic sheen, in more than one sense of that word. The Insomniac suit could've worked, too, if those random lines on it were indicated to serve more of an actual purpose. That's really my thought here; form and function should blend as seamlessly as possible.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think the Edge of Time suit for Black Cat 2099 was good in the sense that it kept the aesthetics of classic Black Cat while also giving it a more futuristic sheen, in more than one sense of that word. The Insomniac suit could've worked, too, if those random lines on it were indicated to serve more of an actual purpose. That's really my thought here; form and function should blend as seamlessly as possible.
    And incidentally still had exposed cleavage .

Ultimate Member

Without that it almost doesn't seem right for Felicia...

By Sara Pichelli

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    By Sara Pichelli

Pichelli draws a stunning Black Cat .

It's too bad she was struck drawing the Queenpin most of the time...