Page 15 of 176 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhater View Post
    This looks like as good a place as any to ask:

What do you people over here at CBR think about Kevin Smith's origin story to her, The Evil That Men Do?

Beucase I had people tell it to my face that it's supposed to be this godawful thing, and I read people demonizing it, but I fell completely the opposite way about it.

And I'm new to this particular community, so I would be interested in the opinions of you folks.
    I thought it was a super fun read. I think some people hate on it simply because Kevin Smith wrote it.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    I thought it was a super fun read. I think some people hate on it simply because Kevin Smith wrote it.
    The three year delay, and major tonal shift between those issues also hurt.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    It was flawed in parts, but it was a work of genius compared with how Felicia is currently bring written.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Docz View Post
    I doubt they'd go that way since it would humanize her and give the reader something to sympathize with her about which is clearly not the direction Slott wants to go, unfortunately we're her contribution to the story is just going to be poorly motivated revenge, such a disappointing waste.
    That's what happens when Marvel allows the writer to run wild with their characters. I think that Black Cat should not have been used if the writer wasn't interested. Instead, the writer should have used an existing female villian instead of regressing Felicia into something that she never really was to begin with: A Super Villain with a poor motive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The three year delay, and major tonal shift between those issues also hurt.
    The 3-year delay did hurt the series. Perhaps Marvel should have gotten another writer to finish to the story from where Smith left off that would exclude the rape storyline and focus on the historic accounts that was established by Marv Wolfman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    It was flawed in parts, but it was a work of genius compared with how Felicia is currently bring written.
    Written by a writer who has no regard for Felicia at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Silver Sable? Nah. A better choice is Mystique, Madam Hydra, Man-Killer, Titania, Red Queen(Madalyn Prylor), Lady Deathstrike, or even Typhoid Mary respectively!!!
    Sony doesn't have the rights to use Mystique, Deathstrike, Madelyne Pryor, and Madam Hydra since those characters belong to MCU/Fox. For the great villain gallery Spidey has, it is quite ironic that there aren't many female villains. Since the Sinister Six film was just announced, Felicia may be the female member of the group.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Sony doesn't have the rights to use Mystique, Deathstrike, Madelyne Pryor, and Madam Hydra since those characters belong to MCU/Fox. For the great villain gallery Spidey has, it is quite ironic that there aren't many female villains. Since the Sinister Six film was just announced, Felicia may be the female member of the group.
    I was referring to the comic book series/universe. As for Felicia being a part of the Sinister Six, would Otto Octavius allow it? Afterall, he did ruin her life. But I am sure that after Slott's run is finished, Felicia will be a well established super villain for no reason whatsoever...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-24-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I was referring to the comic book series/universe. As for Felicia being a part of the Sinister Six, would Otto Octavius allow it? Afterall, he did ruin her life. But I am sure that after Slott's run is finished, Felicia will be a well established super villain for no reason whatsoever...
    Mystique would never join the Sinister Six due to the group having nothing to do with mutantkind. I do really want her and Black Cat to have a short team up while they are still using the villain card. Since Madelyne Pryor came back and isn't being used, I would like to see her join the new Sinister Six. It would be interesting to see her go against Spiderman.

Isn't Otto long dead now? I'm pretty sure after Superior, that character will be gone for a long time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Mystique would never join the Sinister Six due to the group having nothing to do with mutantkind. I do really want her and Black Cat to have a short team up while they are still using the villain card. Since Madelyne Pryor came back and isn't being used, I would like to see her join the new Sinister Six. It would be interesting to see her go against Spiderman.

Isn't Otto long dead now? I'm pretty sure after Superior, that character will be gone for a long time.
    I think that Otto will come back; one way or another. And when Spock attacked Felicia, why didn't her Bad Luck powers protect her? Her powers were absent. There is no way that the Black Cat could have been captured so easily. Nonetheless, I really can't see Felicia being a super villain for no real reason at all against Spider-Man. But it seems that the current staff at Marvel wants to forget the maturity that she gained in knowing Peter Parker while he was married to Mary Jane, prior to OMD. You would think that Felicia and Peter might have resumed their relationship from where it left off after a period of time had past after his break up with Mary Jane. I would have rather see Felicia in the pages of Daredevil or Hawkeye than to be reduce to who she is now. The Red Queen might have fit in well in Spider-Man's rogue gallery as a female super villain because Peter would remind her of Scott Summers: the man who left her and their son for another woman.

With regards to Felicia being in a relationship with Raven, I have a feeling that she'll grow bored with the mutant terrorist; even if Raven becomes Spider-Man for her when they are together.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-25-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

Here are a few images that I found on Felicia: I certainly hope that they are not offensive to anyone here; if so let me know:

It certainly goes to show how obsessed Felicia is about Spider-Man on a deep personal level.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-29-2014 at 02:45 AM.

dude you're not the only one that wants to see Peter and Felicia together, the 2 of them just need to put away their differences already and get on with it!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    dude you're not the only one that wants to see Peter and Felicia together, the 2 of them just need to put away their differences already and get on with it!

That might be a very long time coming. I think that it's likely you might see a development of Peter's friendship with the Jessica Drew and Natasha Romanov before you see a resolution between Spider-Man x Black Cat. The first thing that needs to happen is for Peter to reveal his secret identity to her once again, which is a very big risk considering that she's a supervillain; but it might be the only way for Felicia's memories and trust in Peter to return...

Astonishing Member

Here is a link that is self explanatory on Dr. Ock's relationship with Felicia Hardy and how Slott used it to make her into Spider-Man's worst nightmare. As long as Felicia now believes that Spider-Man is really Dr. Ock, she's going to do all she can to make Spider-Man's life a living Hell until we see Dr. Ock's body and mind return.

http://www.comicscube.com/2013/02/ba...at-part-2.html

Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-31-2014 at 02:43 AM.

BANNED

I still have faith in Slott that he ASM#5 will have Felicia step up and be herself, or at the very least, provide an explanation as to why she is so hell bent on spidey's demise..i.e. mind control