Page 111 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2635

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    May I ask why not?
    Well, Dan Slott is a consultant and he's the one who started this Queenpin nonsense.

I also think they're going to downplay her relationship with Spider-Man and Peter over the other Spiders and so we don't get any romantic stuff that would turn away boys.

Ultimate Member

Yeah Felicia doesn't look right with anything other than long hair, a redemption arc could be good if done well and with Peter's help, maybe helping them finally get together for any great length of time...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Dan Slott is a consultant and he's the one who started this Queenpin nonsense.

I also think they're going to downplay her relationship with Spider-Man and Peter over the other Spiders and so we don't get any romantic stuff that would turn away boys.
    Which is just sad, really, because growing up on the 90s cartoon, I actually didn't mind the romantic entanglements in it. So long as I got my required dose of Spidey action, I could take just about anything else that came with it, including romance. Even without that, there were aspects of Peter Parker I related to --- being a smart guy who didn't quite fit in with his peers, being afraid to disappoint the parents (or parental figures, in Peter's case), feeling misunderstood and disrespected . . . I think these network studios underestimate young boys' ability to grasp complex themes and non-stereotypical young male interests to their own detriment and the detriment of the audiences they hope to reach. Kids aren't stupid, and treating them like they are isn't going to help their emotional, psychological, and intellectual growth.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Which is just sad, really, because growing up on the 90s cartoon, I actually didn't mind the romantic entanglements in it. So long as I got my required dose of Spidey action, I could take just about anything else that came with it, including romance. Even without that, there were aspects of Peter Parker I related to --- being a smart guy who didn't quite fit in with his peers, being afraid to disappoint the parents (or parental figures, in Peter's case), feeling misunderstood and disrespected . . . I think these network studios underestimate young boys' ability to grasp complex themes and non-stereotypical young male interests to their own detriment and the detriment of the audiences they hope to reach. Kids aren't stupid, and treating them like they are isn't going to help their emotional, psychological, and intellectual growth.
    There's a reason DC's cartoons are generally considered superior to Marvel's

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

There's a reason DC's cartoons are generally considered superior to Marvel's
    Point made and taken.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Bendis tweeted out to someone yesterday Queen Felicia wil make her most ''shocking'' decision in the first Legacy issue of Defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis tweeted out to someone yesterday Queen Felicia wil make her most ''shocking'' decision in the first Legacy issue of Defenders
    The naive part of me wants to believe this means she'll quit being a villain

BANNED

The naive part of me wants to believe this means she'll quit being a villain
    You and me both but with Bendis it probably means something completely asinine, even moreso than her current status...

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    You and me both but with Bendis it probably means something completely asinine, even moreso than her current status...
    OTOH, he did make her seem more sympathetic in Defenders, so who knows?

BANNED

Thompson made her sympathetic in Silk too...you'll always have writers occasionally who won't forget the person someone's been through their life and will try to soften the blow when they take hard knocks like this.

She starts a relationship with the new Electro.

new sketch cho

Ultimate Member

Kind of thought that Peter would have offered to help her stretch, though nice art, hoping that Felicia gets back to her old self and stops being the Queenpin or whatever...

Oh boy .
    Well, he also referred to her Queenpin status as an "ascension" so I wouldn't look forward to whatever it is he comes up with for Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Kind of thought that Peter would have offered to help her stretch, though nice art, hoping that Felicia gets back to her old self and stops being the Queenpin or whatever...
    I agree this heel turn was just a very bad idea IMO.