Page 154 of 176 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2635
    Ultimate Member

I almost think that they always messed Felicia up when they wouldn't let her and Peter be together for any length of time and then couldn't think of anything else to do with her...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm just hoping, since Nick Spencer seems to like her so much, that when she reappears in his run, there'll be a chance to clear the air and pave the way for a better-written, better-characterized Felicia Hardy.
    Yeah, Bendis tore the blistering scab off, but the healing process has yet to truly begin.

BANNED

Details on Felicia's appearance in the insomniac game

The first chapter of The City That Never Sleeps is The Heist. As you through play the base game, you’ll realize that Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat, is back in town and she’s leaving clues around town to toy with Peter Parker. In The Heist, she finally reveals herself. Featuring new missions and challenges, as well as a brand new faction of enemies and three additional suits to unlock, you won’t want to miss it.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...tent-revealed/

Spectacular Member

Kind of a bummer, I was hoping she would get a playable section but it sounds like she's probably just the villain of the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Details on Felicia's appearance in the insomniac game

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...tent-revealed/
    Sounds like Peter and Black Cat do have some history in this continuity.

God I hope that new faction is completely unrelated from Felicia. I really don't want to see her running a gang again.

Hmm, there's room for both of your reactions. With Felicia's excellent character development and growth in the 2000s, maybe she and Peter could rekindle something, but as long as Peter and Mary Jane were/are still together, they could just be really good friends. I do agree, of course, that a lot if not most of Felicia's problems after One More Day were caused by Marvel backpedaling on her aforementioned character growth and development, not helped by the fact that Peter never re-revealed his identity to her. Compounding that was Marvel figuring they'd written themselves into a corner with the regressed Felicia and thus deciding to move her character in a "bold new direction," which just meant making her an outright (and often poorly written) villain, which ironically became another corner Marvel wrote itself into. I'm just hoping, since Nick Spencer seems to like her so much, that when she reappears in his run, there'll be a chance to clear the air and pave the way for a better-written, better-characterized Felicia Hardy.

I actually think that in THAT story in particular, Felicia and Peter got as close as they ever had. When it comes to the "couple" situation, the series hit home very much that there was still romantic feelings between them, Felicia growing up being that she was in love with both Peter and Spider-Man, and acknowledged her follies when she was younger, it hit home the point that if they ever had that chance again that she wouldn't let him go. The other side of it is, Peter still very much loved her, though he was bitter about how she was when she was younger. But their closeness was a main point of the comic, especially the rekindling of those feelings which he had to keep control over. But still had it's moments... xD As well as from the teamwork perspective.

One thing Felicia does not seem to escape from is her feelings for both Peter and Spider-Man.

Earlier when younger, you would say, she was infatuated with Spider-man but not Peter, which was actually the basis of this comic to show she had grown past, the days when they'd sleep with one another and she would find a way to keep his identity secret before escaping till the morning, were gone, and she was no longer than Felicia. So it more so felt like in this series, it established her growth as well as his, it also hit home on the points of how well they WOULD work as a team with one another in the fighting crim aspects, while also touching on the feelings that were still there, but with Felicia as well in it 100% on both Peter and Spider-Man, and it was the series that hit home to me, that if those two had ever gotten a second chance, Felicia, in this arc of her character wouldn't let him go a second time.

(continued in the next post)
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-30-2018 at 05:46 PM.

(continued from the above post)

As well as Peter's kill rage moment

And no Black Suit required. But It's more than just relating it to what happened with Gwen Stacy and that involved, it was the fact he did return the feelings to Felicia, quite frankly he still loved her too. Married man though. Did not however mean that there wasn't an intense tension between them, but due to their closeness they could always fall back into their best friendship, which occasionally became a romantic moment between them, but what was apparent was that they both loved one another, and if Peter was not married, it would be Felicia he'd likely be with after this arc, depending upon the circumstance. Also a picture I don't show is Felicia cradling Peter with his injury as tears are flowing down her face. Very apparent these two's bond is a very deep one, quite possibly and very likely it's something only the two of them should ever and could ever understand, and I liked it that way, and I'm sure they did as well.

More more importantly, was this scene

I think at this moment, Felicia was not closer to anyone than she was with Peter. It's arguably vice versa between Felicia and Mary Jane from Peter's perspective, but the fact it's even arguable shows how good of a point they'd gotten Felicia's character to and how much she'd grown from how she was before. They both had, really. But this was the story more or less that did make me want them to rekindle their romance, but at the very least it made it very apparent to me that at least at this point in their respective stories, that had something happened with Mary Jane and these two rekindled their romance, that it likely rival the same bond he had with MJ and would be arguably as strong, but it would be strong both with the mask on, and with the mask off, and that would be the biggest difference they both had went through.

Felicia at this point in their arc, wouldn't have left Peter at the altar *cough* unlike SOME OTHER people from other comic universes whom also has their growth constantly retconned....

What I enjoyed the most about this series, was both the meta humor Kevin Smith used, but also the growth he gave both Peter and Felicia. It was the story they needed, and it was a story that put them in a wonderful place going forward, so I'll always hold onto this story as one of my all time favorite Black Cat / Spider-Man stories, and chapters in their lives. As someone described about Peter and Mary Jane, he felt they were best friends as well as lovers, and the same rings true for Felicia and Peter in this story, and it felt like a true arc had been made from the years of comic-lore and the things that happened before. It's very easy for them to get lost within one another, but even with the masks off now, they never lose that, and that is one of the most sincere things those two have. And why at this point anyway, that their bond was so strong. I just wish it had been followed up upon, but Kevin Smith can't write em all with these two.. though I wish he could have lol xD
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-30-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

I bet that Felicia sure has some stories to tell about her days in college, and I'm sure that she'd love to tell Peter all about them...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I bet that Felicia sure has some stories to tell about her days in college, and I'm sure that she'd love to tell Peter all about them...
    And far more importantly, that Peter will love to listen.

Again, I don't think Felicia was as close both on an intimate and personal level with anybody other than with Peter Parker. There's just a connection they have you can't duplicate, which is why it's arguable(when Black Cat is written right) as to whom is better between her and Mary Jane.

Also call me a sucker for Ollie and Black Canary, but I really love watching superhero tandems that have a really great chemistry where they feel like best friend and lover out there fighting crime together and bouncing off one another.

It's one of the reasons I liked the idea of Silk and Peter if they made it a natural feeling, but it's why I loved Spider-Man and Black Cat in this series. It showed that they seamlessly could be written as a couple both as crime fighters and as themselves and that's a dynamic I've always wanted Spider-Man to have.

But outside of that personal feeling, the two just work so seamlessly together when written right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    And far more importantly, that Peter will love to listen.

Again, I don't think Felicia was as close both on an intimate and personal level with anybody other than with Peter Parker. There's just a connection they have you can't duplicate, which is why it's arguable(when Black Cat is written right) as to whom is better between her and Mary Jane.
    Mary Jane?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That would be nice, but given that this was the miniseries that established Felicia as a survivor of date rape from back in her college days and that was the root of her choosing to adopt the Black Cat alias, stealing from others like how her innocence and ability to trust had been stolen from her . . . that kind of story probably isn't what Felicia was about to tell Peter. That aside, The Evil That Men Do was great for both Felicia's and Peter's character development in relation to each other, and I agree with Majesty that if Peter weren't as devoted to Mary Jane as he was/is, he and Felicia would've been an even stronger couple/friendship/partnership for all the growth they'd experienced, separately and together.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That would be nice, but given that this was the miniseries that established Felicia as a survivor of date rape from back in her college days and that was the root of her choosing to adopt the Black Cat alias, stealing from others like how her innocence and ability to trust had been stolen from her . . . that kind of story probably isn't what Felicia was about to tell Peter. That aside, The Evil That Men Do was great for both Felicia's and Peter's character development in relation to each other, and I agree with Majesty that if Peter weren't as devoted to Mary Jane as he was/is, he and Felicia would've been an even stronger couple/friendship/partnership for all the growth they'd experienced, separately and together.
    I actually think that was exactly the story she was about to tell Peter which referred to him helping her "trust again" because you could identify that moment as the moment she lost "trust" so to speak. So I do think it's implied that was definitely going to be the story she was about to tell. And if it was.. that makes her and Peter even closer I'd feel.

But yes I agree with everything you said too!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I actually think that was exactly the story she was about to tell Peter which referred to him helping her "trust again" because you could identify that moment as the moment she lost "trust" so to speak. So I do think it's implied that was definitely going to be the story she was about to tell. And if it was.. that makes her and Peter even closer I'd feel.

But yes I agree with everything you said too!
    Thanks. It's my fond hope that Spencer begins to rebuild on that the way he's rebuilt Peter and Mary Jane's relationship.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

I just meant that Felicia probably had plenty of other stories to tell that would be pretty wild...