Page 156 of 176 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2635
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’m not too crazy about the costume (Web of Shadows is still the best video game Felicia we’ve had), but her character model looks good and I like the voice.
    I hope they give you the option to play as her at some point.

Ultimate Member

Catwoman has had several outfits where she's showing off some cleavage, as has Felicia, and she could look better in the game imho...

Astonishing Member

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-H-4yyGFBO.../s0/RCO011.jpg

from the Antman Wasp book today, on the top right, thats Felicia. 90s comic readers should recognized this as a homage to the past Marvel Swimsuit Issues. I recognized that Felicia from the last issue 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thing is, Felicia is the cat burglar known for showing of cleavage not Selina.
    We're talking about the same Catwoman? :P

Given a lot of video games have gotten flak over sexually exploitative outfits, I definitely see the logic of her being more covered up.

The only issue I have here, is that this looks somewhat similar to her "Queenpin" outift implying they might going with that storyline which I hope is not the case.

I think the day that these same companies and the media actually acknowledge that some women like to be covered up, but some women actually LIKE revealing clothing too, or whatever their sense of style may be is vast and has multiple outcomes.

Then they'll stop "covering up" characters just so the internet will not complain.

Felicia Hardy's entire character makes sense as to why she'd wear something revealing, where as some other characters would wear something different and not so revealing because it wouldn't match them to do so.

The moment they can acknowledge that Felicia could show cleavage and Spider-Woman wouldn't, and both could still be taken seriously as individuals, will be a good day tbh.

Given the circumstances, I don't think this outfit would have made the interwebs explode

The constant string of "cover every female up" takes away from their individual sense of style, and how it corresponds with their personality. But if you say that then you're "bigoted". But if you say to put Spider-Man in sweats so that we don't see every single muscle in his body rippling through the spandex then It's called excessive :O

Women have shown cleavage in comic books, and men have worn skin tight body armor that shows every rippling ab, flex in their buttox, chest muscle and bulge.

But I don't see these same people screaming for Nightwing to cover up and "be decent". I wonder why.

But that's another discussion for another day lol
    Last edited by Majesty; 09-05-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

RCO011.jpg
    see what I mean, as you can tell

e8280a9f4bdbbfad3eefc5e773664606.jpg

Ultimate Member

Yeah well usually the "good girls" are all covered up and the "bad girls" are the ones that like to show off the cleavage and such, with some exceptions...and that the two should not cross...for the most part...but yeah Felicia and Selina both like to show off and neither should be attacked for it, just as long as that's not all there is about them...

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    We're talking about the same Catwoman? :P

That’s the exception rather than the rule.

I think the day that these same companies and the media actually acknowledge that some women like to be covered up, but some women actually LIKE revealing clothing too, or whatever their sense of style may be is vast and has multiple outcomes.

Then they'll stop "covering up" characters just so the internet will not complain.

Felicia Hardy's entire character makes sense as to why she'd wear something revealing, where as some other characters would wear something different and not so revealing because it wouldn't match them to do so.

The moment they can acknowledge that Felicia could show cleavage and Spider-Woman wouldn't, and both could still be taken seriously as individuals, will be a good day tbh.
    Well, that’s the issue. It isn’t simply the existence of sexy outfits, it’s that so many of them exist with little variety among what female characters wear.

Given the circumstances, I don't think this outfit would have made the interwebs explode

This outfit, maybe not.

This one though

The constant string of "cover every female up" takes away from their individual sense of style, and how it corresponds with their personality. But if you say that then you're "bigoted". But if you say to put Spider-Man in sweats so that we don't see every single muscle in his body rippling through the spandex then It's called excessive :O

Women have shown cleavage in comic books, and men have worn skin tight body armor that shows every rippling ab, flex in their buttox, chest muscle and bulge.

But I don't see these same people screaming for Nightwing to cover up and "be decent". I wonder why.

But that's another discussion for another day lol
    Well, Nightwing already is covered up for the most part. The thing is Dick Grayson is more the exception when it comes to male characters in that he’s deliberately drawn for female fans to find him hot while most male characters are drawn to simply look powerful.

Ultimate Member

Well yeah there's a difference between the two suits there for Felicia but she just wouldn't look right if she wasn't showing a fair amount of cleavage, and no that's not really the exception for Selina, she's shown more in various outfits over the years so it's nothing really new...

That’s the exception rather than the rule.

Well, that’s the issue. It isn’t simply the existence of sexy outfits, it’s that so many of them exist with little variety among what female characters wear.

This outfit, maybe not.

This one though

Well, Nightwing already is covered up for the most part. The thing is Dick Grayson is more the exception when it comes to male characters in that he’s deliberately drawn for female fans to find him hot while most male characters are drawn to simply look powerful.
    I'd say that the majority of male heroes in their skin tight bodysuits showing every single rippling muscle, bulge and butt flex are drawn for the satisfaction of female fans in one aspect, and in the other aspect to show 'strength' to the male body in terms of that.

The idea of what they do with heroes is showing their bodies in peak physical condition and thus showing them off, this goes for both male and female. Nightwing may be covered up from a 'clothing' standpoint, but showing every muscle, ripple, and flex in his body and bulge has the same desired effect when it comes to showing off the body. In my opinion anyway

Ultimate Member

Some characters just have their sexuality as being a BIG part of who they are for better or worse, and no I don't mean whether they are gay or straight in that...

A Second Look at Felicia Hardy AKA Black Cat: Copycat Burglar or Challenger of the Status Quo?
    By Peyton Hinckle

https://comicsverse.com/second-look-...aka-black-cat/

Ultimate Member

There are similarities between the wo yeah, however there are also differences as well so they're not the same character in the end imho...

A Second Look at Felicia Hardy AKA Black Cat: Copycat Burglar or Challenger of the Status Quo?
    By Peyton Hinckle

https://comicsverse.com/second-look-...aka-black-cat/
    Thanks for the link. I especially like the part were they say-

"She’s not afraid to admit that she enjoys having different sexual partners, which is kind of a big deal for a female character. I know a lot of readers don’t like seeing characters like Felicia because they think she gives all female characters a bad reputation. But, actually, I think she does the opposite. Women should be able to dress and act the way they like without fearing harsh labels. Felicia shows that female characters can be whoever they want to be. If she wants to dress or act a certain way, she can."

I've seen people say that how she dresses is part of her character and yet when she's seen flirting with another hero (or god forbid in a sexual relationship) they say that the writers are writing her wrong or that she wouldn't do that.

also like this last part-

"Thankfully, we have Black Cat, who completely defies those norms. She’s a bluntly sexual character who is also hilarious. She doesn’t have to be a man to crack a joke about body parts or to banter with Spider-Man. Her willingness to be sexually appealing doesn’t mean she can’t snort when she laughs. She can be smart, sexy, funny, and creative and still be the same woman."

Ultimate Member

I think that part of it all with Felicia is that she never really goes over the top, sure she's sexy and all but her outfit isn't ridiculous or anything and she's not always using her sexuality, but won't shy away from it either, and she will fall for the normal guy, yeah Peter is Spider-Man but it's not just that which got her to fall in love with him...

BANNED

Peter contemplates calling Felicia in next week's ASM

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-man-5-4/