Page 157 of 176 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2635

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Thanks for the link. I especially like the part were they say-

"She’s not afraid to admit that she enjoys having different sexual partners, which is kind of a big deal for a female character. I know a lot of readers don’t like seeing characters like Felicia because they think she gives all female characters a bad reputation. But, actually, I think she does the opposite. Women should be able to dress and act the way they like without fearing harsh labels. Felicia shows that female characters can be whoever they want to be. If she wants to dress or act a certain way, she can."

I've seen people say that how she dresses is part of her character and yet when she's seen flirting with another hero (or god forbid in a sexual relationship) they say that the writers are writing her wrong or that she wouldn't do that.

also like this last part-

"Thankfully, we have Black Cat, who completely defies those norms. She’s a bluntly sexual character who is also hilarious. She doesn’t have to be a man to crack a joke about body parts or to banter with Spider-Man. Her willingness to be sexually appealing doesn’t mean she can’t snort when she laughs. She can be smart, sexy, funny, and creative and still be the same woman."
    Don't remember anyone complaining about this. That's a new one.

Ultimate Member

Most of the time if we see Felicia flirting we think either that's just her or that we hope that the flirting doesn't lead to a pairing with whomever she's flirting with...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Don't remember anyone complaining about this. That's a new one.
    Well, there was that time she got involved with Puma, that time she got involved with the Foreigner, that time she got involved with Wolverine (actually happened, believe it or not, in a miniseries called Claws), that time she got involved with Flash Thompson, that time she made out with Daredevil with Spider-Man watching in the background . . . I suppose any one of those times could've drawn complaints from someone.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Well yeah but much the same in that vein could be said about almost anybody...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, there was that time she got involved with Puma, that time she got involved with the Foreigner, that time she got involved with Wolverine (actually happened, believe it or not, in a miniseries called Claws), that time she got involved with Flash Thompson, that time she made out with Daredevil with Spider-Man watching in the background . . . I suppose any one of those times could've drawn complaints from someone.
    I have no problem with she dating or sleeping with any of those men, i actually like that in female characther she enjoy sex and has no shame on it, her thing with Puma and Flash also bring her some interesting developments (and i'm a bit of a Flash/Felicia shipper myself). But i didn't like how shw got involved with Matt, mostly because i really dislike how Waid writes Peter and the whole thing feel silly and juvenile, Foreigner was a tool that she was using for her own mwans if i remember correctly and i didn't really read Claws, but for what other people had commented it was really shallow, althougth i wouldn't be surprised if that drawed complains just because it was with Logan .

But that's just my take, i din't think that most of her fans cares as long as she doesn't get written as a shallow nymphomaniac (looking at you Kelly and BND writters)

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    We're talking about the same Catwoman? :P

Uh, excuse me for a moment. I have to go do my laundry, ah yeah that's it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Just think if you had Felicia and Selina both in the same scene...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I have no problem with she dating or sleeping with any of those men, i actually like that in female characther she enjoy sex and has no shame on it, her thing with Puma and Flash also bring her some interesting developments (and i'm a bit of a Flash/Felicia shipper myself). But i didn't like how shw got involved with Matt, mostly because i really dislike how Waid writes Peter and the whole thing feel silly and juvenile, Foreigner was a tool that she was using for her own mwans if i remember correctly and i didn't really read Claws, but for what other people had commented it was really shallow, althougth i wouldn't be surprised if that drawed complains just because it was with Logan .

But that's just my take, i din't think that most of her fans cares as long as she doesn't get written as a shallow nymphomaniac (looking at you Kelly and BND writters)
    Fair enough. I would generally agree with you on the last part, though, as I greatly enjoyed her character development in the 2000s pre-OMD/BND and was disappointed to see her regressed.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just think if you had Felicia and Selina both in the same scene...
    They would have some very interesting stories to exchange. Maybe it's time for a new Spider-Man/Batman team-up comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair enough. I would generally agree with you on the last part, though, as I greatly enjoyed her character development in the 2000s pre-OMD/BND and was disappointed to see her regressed.

They would have some very interesting stories to exchange. Maybe it's time for a new Spider-Man/Batman team-up comic.
    Yup, ahe went from a sexy but well rounded characther to a teenage boy fantasy post-BND, not mentioning Peter not telling her his identity (dick move there) and she only wanting to be FWB with him is crap, she would never accept something like that with him, Peter is too important for her to just be a roll in thw hay.

Ultimate Member

I was more referring to Celgress' post with the Felicia and Selina both there...

Yup, ahe went from a sexy but well rounded characther to a teenage boy fantasy post-BND, not mentioning Peter not telling her his identity (dick move there) and she only wanting to be FWB with him is crap, she would never accept something like that with him, Peter is too important for her to just be a roll in thw hay.
    Just because she wanted to be FWB with Peter, doesn't mean Peter's not important to her. I always felt that Felicia is wary of a serious relationship, at least with FWB relationship it makes it clear where both people stand and (kinda) eliminates the fallout that a breakup entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Just because she wanted to be FWB with Peter, doesn't mean Peter's not important to her. I always felt that Felicia is wary of a serious relationship, at least with FWB relationship it makes it clear where both people stand and (kinda) eliminates the fallout that a breakup entails.
    Eh, i don't disagreed that she would generally prefer something less serious and more carefree, but i don't think that she would apply that with Peter or would be happy with the idea of sharing him with other woman, certanly she wouldn't be advising him about making a move on Carlie Cooper, but that's just my take on that, feel free to disagreed

Ultimate Member

Felicia would probably be okay with sharing him with MJ if anybody, though I don't think that the list of ladies that would apply to outside of MJ would be very short indeed if not totally blank...but yeah I think that Felicia would do the longterm thing with Peter if given the chance...

Pretty much my sentiments, especially with Peter not re-revealing his identity to her. You'd think after the deep bond they established pre-OMD that Peter would at least let her back in as soon as possible, but no . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Felicia would probably be okay with sharing him with MJ if anybody, though I don't think that the list of ladies that would apply to outside of MJ would be very short indeed if not totally blank...but yeah I think that Felicia would do the longterm thing with Peter if given the chance...
    Yeah, I could only see Felicia "sharing" or "entrusting" Peter with someone she knew loved him as deeply and honestly as she did, and besides Mary Jane, I wouldn't think there were too many women Felicia knew that would qualify for that.

Ultimate Member

Well they had to make Felicia be all bad and such and breaking her away from Peter was one easy way to do that I guess...

Yeah I wouldn't expect Felicia to share but with MJ I think that she could and would...MJ/Peter/Felicia would be fun for a writer to try to work through...especially if Peter would know what MJ and Felicia were up to without him if he had to stay out late