Page 16 of 176 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    I still have faith in Slott that he ASM#5 will have Felicia step up and be herself, or at the very least, provide an explanation as to why she is so hell bent on spidey's demise..i.e. mind control
    that was already explained in issue 4
    she's mad because of what Spidey did to her name/ego more than anything else. She lost street cred because of him

also Slott hates Felicia, hence why he wanted to kill her in Ends of the Earth, good thing she was off planet at the time, dodged a bullet there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    that was already explained in issue 4
    she's mad because of what Spidey did to her name/ego more than anything else. She lost street cred because of him

also Slott hates Felicia, hence why he wanted to kill her in Ends of the Earth, good thing she was off planet at the time, dodged a bullet there
    I still think there will be more to it. Guess we'll just wait and see...

Ultimate Member

I don't really see any explanation that could reasonably explain or justify her behavior so far. MAYBE being angry with him (although that's still a huge stretch), but being willing to team up with Electro, willingly endangering innocent lives, possibly killing someone, etc. Unless she's on some kind of undercover mission for the Avengers or something like that, no explanation is going to cut it.

Ultimate Member

I still have faith in Slott that he ASM#5 will have Felicia step up and be herself, or at the very least, provide an explanation as to why she is so hell bent on spidey's demise..i.e. mind control
    Mind control would not be a good explanation. In fact, it'd be a really cheap/lazy/and overused "out" as well.

I think you have too much faith in Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Mind control would not be a good explanation. In fact, it'd be a really cheap/lazy/and overused "out" as well.
    It would be all of those things. But just like with Cass and Deathstroke, if it fixes Felicia, I'll still take it.

Cos it's better than the current alternative; Felicia chose to become a borderline homicidal villain because... reasons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I think you have too much faith in Slott.
    I hope you're wrong but time will tell. I just don't see why he would permanently take Felicia down the road she's currently on. Doesn't make much sense and in the bigger picture it's not something Marvel generally does with any of their characters.

I hope you're wrong but time will tell. I just don't see why he would permanently take Felicia down the road she's currently on. Doesn't make much sense and in the bigger picture it's not something Marvel generally does with any of their characters.
    simple he wants to get rif of Felicia which is why he tried to kill her on the last Amazing run, sent her to prison in Superior, and now is turning her into a crazy maniac so he can lock her in a burning building, kill her off panel, and never bother with her again

BANNED

simple he wants to get rif of Felicia which is why he tried to kill her on the last Amazing run, sent her to prison in Superior, and now is turning her into a crazy maniac so he can lock her in a burning building, kill her off panel, and never bother with her again
    Not a chance they kill her off....well not permanently anyhow.

Not a chance they kill her off....well not permanently anyhow.
    which is why I said off panel. it's just an excuse so Slott doesn't have to bother writing her again. A shame too since I really like the way Ramos draws her

which is why I said off panel. it's just an excuse so Slott doesn't have to bother writing her again. A shame too since I really like the way Ramos draws her
    Slott better not think of killing Felicia! Such a shame she doesn't have any other legs she can transfer to besides the Spiderman universe. Unless another writer comes in, I don't think Felicia will overcome her evil and make up with Peter. Unless this story ends with him revealing her his true identity again.

Ultimate Member

She does. Mark Waid wrote her rather well in his Daredevil book. If Slott doesn't want her, then she could easily go there, or join the Mighty Avengers (she has ties to Luke Cage at least), or any number of possibilities. Let her broaden her horizons outside of the Spider-books, it'd be preferable to what's happening to her now.

BANNED

Supposedly Slott doesn't like Black Cat's character and wanted to kill her off in another story (one that I should recall the name of, but am presently drawing a blank for some reason), but ended up killing off Silver Sable instead.

Slott altering Black Cat's character in this manner by making her a villain could make some fans end up hating her character and as a result Slott won't suffer as much of a backlash for killing her off...at least that's what he's probably hoping for.

To me that best solution for Black Cat's character is for Peter to reveal his identity to her and restore her memories.

From her perspective she never met Peter Parker because they actually met when he revealed his identity to her sometime ago.

If or when Peter reveals his identity to her again we'll get the pre-OMD version of the Black Cat back again...it's really the only true way to fix her character at this point...she needs her lost memories of Peter to return.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-01-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    Supposedly Slott doesn't like Black Cat's character and wanted to kill her off in another story (one that I should recall the name of, but am presently drawing a blank for some reason), but killed off Silver Sable instead.

Slott altering Black Cat's character in this manner by making her a villain could make some fans end up hating her character and as a result Slott won't suffer as much of a backlash for killing her off.

To me that best solution for Black Cat's character is for Peter to reveal his identity to her and restore her memories.

From her perspective she never met Peter Parker because they actually met when he revealed his identity sometime ago.

If or when Peter reveals his identity to her again we'll get the pre-OMD version of the Black Cat back again...it's really the only true way to fix her character at this point...she needs her lost memories of Peter to return.
    The storyline in question was "Ends of the Earth." And judging by how contrived/dumb Silver Sable's death was there, Black Cat would have gotten the short end of the stick there as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The storyline in question was "Ends of the Earth."

DOH! I feel so stupid now for not remembering that.

And judging by how contrived/dumb Silver Sable's death was there, Black Cat would have gotten the short end of the stick there as well.

Most likely, but I'm more concerned with what Slott intends to do in regard to the current arc with the Black Cat in it.