Page 166 of 176 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2635

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't remember them ever confirming she'd be playable, just people hoping she probably would be.
    She's a gymnast. There's some overlap with Spider-Man's fighting style, but there's enough difference that they'd need to put some new mechanics in the game. They're not going to do that for a DLC. (Catwoman essentially has different animations in Arkham City and Knight, but plays more-or-less the same.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    She's a gymnast. There's some overlap with Spider-Man's fighting style, but there's enough difference that they'd need to put some new mechanics in the game. They're not going to do that for a DLC. (Catwoman essentially has different animations in Arkham City and Knight, but plays more-or-less the same.)
    Exactly. That would probably be way too much work for the DLC when, gameplay-wise, they pretty much just reused a lot of the assets they had already built for the main game.

Ultimate Member

Well unless there was the actions of an enemy or villain already in the game that would be similar to how Felicia would move, then if so it wouldn't be as hard to put her in the game, and Felicia has often been full of contradictions...

There is a stealth mission during the DLC where you have to take out a group of enemies/snipers without being spotted and Felicia's following you around, so you can point to whichever enemies you want her to take out as long as she's in the right position. That's the closest you get to being able to actually play as her.

I feel like if there was a Challenge Mode like the Arkham games had, then we probably would've had her fully playable there, just like how Robin, Nightwing, etc. are.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    There is a stealth mission during the DLC where you have to take out a group of enemies/snipers without being spotted and Felicia's following you around, so you can point to whichever enemies you want her to take out as long as she's in the right position. That's the closest you get to being able to actually play as her.
    God, that was so pointless. Pretty much anyone she's in position to take down, you're in position to take down. And it's not like you can each to a take down in tandem or anything.

God, that was so pointless. Pretty much anyone she's in position to take down, you're in position to take down. And it's not like you can each to a take down in tandem or anything.
    I wouldn't say it was that bad. There were a couple moments where I would be able to point her towards some snipers across from me on boxes while I was able to do a perch takedown on someone underneath. I'm normally not the best with the stealth in Spider-Man, so I thought being able to use her to attack others who may be a bit too out of the way was useful.

The two-way brawl where she keeps jumping in front of you and stealing your kills I thought was pretty funny and clever too.

Ultimate Member

Well Felicia was always one to take what doesn't belong to her...or at least attempt to...and yeah it would be perfectly in character for her to take kills from Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The two-way brawl where she keeps jumping in front of you and stealing your kills I thought was pretty funny and clever too.
    I thought that was probably the best sequence with her in the game. It reminded me of the Dual Play feature of Arkham Knight, only without getting to play as the other character .

Article on Felicia in Insomniac's Spider-Man. Spoilers.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-mans-...e-f-1830103614

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought that was probably the best sequence with her in the game. It reminded me of the Dual Play feature of Arkham Knight, only without getting to play as the other character .
    Guess I wasn't alone as I felt the same way lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Article on Felicia in Insomniac's Spider-Man. Spoilers.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-mans-...e-f-1830103614
    I will never understand how those sites work. Why is a video game article on Gizmodo instead of Kotaku.

I will never understand how those sites work. Why is a video game article on Gizmodo instead of Kotaku.
    io9 covers all sorts of media. Though their video game articles tend to focus on character and plot rather while kotaku is more concerned with gameplay and the gamin industry.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if she'll ever get her due in a movie, they'd have to get someone that could do all sides of her and physically look the part to some degree imho...

BANNED

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    nice. Is Spidey's mask melting? lol