Page 170 of 176 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2635

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I liked the flashbacks to young Felicia with her father. She looked adorable.
    Indeed she did. Young Black Cat (in this universe) was a real cutie.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well honestly the only thing other DLCs can make her look less malicious is in case she ends up helping him out and feels regret over manipulating him like that, but that would contradict how she seemed to not care in The Heist...
    I feel like with the way they left it off that there's a fairly good likelihood Felicia will come back in the final DLC to round the story out, so hopefully that leads to some character development.
    He was the best one? 'Cause Felicia in that had some nihilistic point of view about how there aren't good guys anymore, and kidnapped a kid just so Silk can fall in her trap, and the "good" points is that she was actualy a competent as a crime boss and after the relaunch started to look a bit less evil (Since she helped out the kids who had the goblin serum as far as I remember), but I think she might've done it to manipulate Silk to keep working for her, so yeah, best Queenpin is still a bad Felicia lol.
    Like I said, wasn't saying much .

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    Worst case: spoilers:
    This was all done just to ensure MJ's place as 'the one' for Peter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's what it kind of feels like to me, they couldn't go all the way showing Felicia with true feelings for him because they didn't want to diminish the relationship with MJ.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well honestly the only thing other DLCs can make her look less malicious is in case she ends up helping him out and feels regret over manipulating him like that, but that would contradict how she seemed to not care in The Heist...
    That's the only thing I could see them doing to help redeem her, and given Black Cat's "flip-floppy" nature, I guess you can use that as an excuse.

That gives me the impression she does enjoy his company, but ultimately has no problems with just discarding him when it benefits her.
    I think the best portrayals of Black Cat are the ones where she secretly does really care about Peter/Spider-Man and helping others, but puts on the rough "all for me" persona as a front. Just like you mentioned, when she just uses him when its useful for her and discards when she doesn't need him I'm not the biggest fan of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    That's what it kind of feels like to me, they couldn't go all the way showing Felicia with true feelings for him because they didn't want to diminish the relationship with MJ.
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    I don't see the point in that, the comics in the later stages of the marriage years did a decent job of having Felicia convey her feelings to Peter without compromising how he felt about MJ
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like with the way they left it off that there's a fairly good likelihood Felicia will come back in the final DLC to round the story out, so hopefully that leads to some character development.
    Either that or they just left her alive for the sequel, either way, we can only hope she's less of a bitch next time.

Funny, just realized that both the bright haired women in this game had questionable ****, with Felicia being so malicious and Sable just starting to trust Spidey from one minute to the next for no good reason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Even so, they didn't have to go for the opposite and show her not caring for him at all, they could always show that she used to love him but moved on and Peter did as well, even if some attraction was still there.

That's the only thing I could see them doing to help redeem her, and given Black Cat's "flip-floppy" nature, I guess you can use that as an excuse.
    It'd honestly still feel weird, she can change her mood about some stuff but Felicia consistently takes forever to change her mind when she feels strongly about something, liking to steal, loving Spidey, not wanting to go to jail... Think the only thing that she changed her mind faster was when she hated MJ in the 90's, but that was 90's...

I think the best portrayals of Black Cat are the ones where she secretly does really care about Peter/Spider-Man and helping others, but puts on the rough "all for me" persona as a front. Just like you mentioned, when she just uses him when its useful for her and discards when she doesn't need him I'm not the biggest fan of.
    Honestly, I'm only really okay with her liking to help if she benefits herself while doing it, Felicia is ultimately a selfish character after all, which is why I prefer to see her doing good stuff while also having fun, like when she stole to give to the poor Robin Hood style, basicaly making her into a really tame anti hero.

spoilers:
    I don't see the point in that, the comics in the later stages of the marriage years did a decent job of having Felicia convey her feelings to Peter without compromising how he felt about MJ
    end of spoilers
    It's possible they made her like that because of the whole possible son aspect, as a way to sink the ship harder I guess lol.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That's what I like about post-marriage pre-OMD Felicia, they do a good job of showing that Felicia does truly care about Peter, even after him moving on and with her still putting on that persona of being over it.

Since then we've never really gotten a sense of Felicia having feelings for Peter/Spider-Man beyond just a sexual attraction, which was carried over into the game.

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Almost like she's asking him if he comes here often, or would like some help...and then ask him to say the magic word...

Ramos and his figures .

BANNED

All is (almost) right with the world again

spoilers:
    Felicia knows
    end of spoilers

All is (almost) right with the world again

spoilers:
    Felicia knows
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    yay, yay, yeah!
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

Better late than never. The one time I really thought Spiderman was written as a complete ahole was in The Return of the Black Cat storyline where his attitude with her was pretty much "sure I'll sleep with you, but don't you dare look at my face".

I thought the reveal this issue was done about as perfectly as it could. I figured it was only a matter of time before she found out again, and I'm glad it came about from Perer revealing it himself, I loved the dialogue between the two at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Docz View Post
    Better late than never. The one time I really thought Spiderman was written as a complete ahole was in The Return of the Black Cat storyline where his attitude with her was pretty much "sure I'll sleep with you, but don't you dare look at my face".

I thought the reveal this issue was done about as perfectly as it could. I figured it was only a matter of time before she found out again, and I'm glad it came about from Perer revealing it himself, I loved the dialogue between the two at the end.
    I thought that arrangement was Felicia's idea.

Spectacular Member

It's been a while since I read it but I remember him asking "you didn't look at my face did you"? after they were together, but yeah she was also written at the time as not wanting to see his face. That particular arc I don't think really did either character any favors.

I found their relationship a little off putting post OMD. He was responsible for altering her memories and I always found it sort of cold that he never just came out and revealed his identity to her again. Which makes this week's issue all the sweeter.
    Last edited by Docz; 11-28-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Well that was a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Docz View Post

I found their relationship a little off putting post OMD. He was responsible for altering her memories and I always found it sort of cold that he never just came out and revealed his identity to her again.
    It definitely didn't make him look great at all. As she said in the recent issue, she deserved better than that.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«