Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176
Results 2,626 to 2,635 of 2635

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Mary Jane Watson: Fellow working-class queens girl who Aunt May saw as right for Peter, who also yearned for social mobility...
    MJ is a transplant. She's from the Pittsburgh area. She may come from a working-class family, but transplants and outer-borough natives are very different flavors of New Yorker.

(Ultimate MJ and Raimi MJ are from Queens.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Was Gwen rich? I don't know a lot about Police captain salaries but I don't think it's enough for "wealthy socialite" status. Are you sure you are not confusing her with Felicia from the 90's animated series?

Also MJ made the leap to super model/ soap actress after college. I honestly can't even remember what working class jobs she had prior to modeling and marriage. (Waitress maybe? Or was that just the Raimi film?)
    George Stacy was a member of the same gentlemen's club as Jameson and Osborn. And while the Stacy family was never specified it was always shown as being closer to Osborn and away from Peter. What with Gwen visiting London regularly and all. Maybe socialite was the wrong word but she was certainly the only girl Peter dated who was from a higher social background than him.

In the case of MJ she became a model later. And supermodel or Marvel's idea of one after that. In the 60s and 70s modelling and acting was a job that poor girls could do and find a way out of especially if their grades weren't the best. During the Romita era, she worked for a living, had her own smalll apartment Ina time when that was affordable. She and Peter were the only ones in that group who worked. MJ worked as a go-go dancer than as an off broadway actress. She was a supermodel for just a brief period and then Jonathan Caesar ended her career. Modelling and acting especially for struggling up and comers was often uncertain and unseasonal. And as millar's stories showed that didn't leave a lot for rainy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Being an a--hole doesn't mean being evil. Like Tony Stark is an a-hole in the MCU. Even after he turns good. Felicia Hardy is a criminal, she likes to rob people, and she's never going to entirely reform.
    I don't know. I feel like Tony deliberately enjoys ticking people off and bothering people more then Felicia does.

I mean, she takes people off their game, but she's more polite and classy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still want to know if all that touching was just how she's usually like with people or just because she couldn't keep her hands off of him.
    As far as she's presented in the game, I think she is sexually attracted to him, but doesn't have any real feelings toward him.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    As far as she's presented in the game, I think she is sexually attracted to him, but doesn't have any real feelings toward him.
    I think she's obviously sexually attracted to him, but the game didn't seem clear where her feelings went beyond that.

She seems to enjoy being around him but she also easily manipulated him without as second thought, but then at the end of "The Heist" she says she loves him (and most people aren't the type to throw out "I love you" casually).

Ultimate Member

I think that Felicia in both the game and the comic probably went into her knowing Peter and Spider-Man with no intention of ever falling for him but both did despite herself and then she's conflicted from there...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she's obviously sexually attracted to him, but the game didn't seem clear where her feelings went beyond that.

She seems to enjoy being around him but she also easily manipulated him without as second thought, but then at the end of "The Heist" she says she loves him (and most people aren't the type to throw out "I love you" casually).
    She said "I love you" in a similar tone she said she likes how nice he is in the main game (Either in some of her random talks or the end of the sub quest), so I doubt it's a sincere "I love you", but it's obvious she does care since she shows up to help him out in Silver Lining when she could just stay in hiding, safe from the Magia/Hammerhead, even finding info on his bases and what plate is on his head and giving it to Spidey, and she also said she was sorry for what she made him go through, but again, she seemed to say sorry only because she knows what she did was wrong than out of actual regret, and since she only talks in a flirty or happy tone, never changing, it's pretty much impossible to tell how much she does care, but again, it's enough for her to return in Silver Lining when she could've just stayed in hiding.

Honestly, she was flanderized in the game, lying about having a kid who was kidnaped to get Spidey to help her out? That's just damn, I mean in the comics she did something similar sometimes, but never to this level, the closest one I can think of is when she pretended to have a mental illness to avoid going to jail, and while it's very questionable to do something like that, it's more justified since she did it to avoid something she considers to be really bad, meanwhile in PS4 Spidey, she did something even more questionable just to become richer, at the very least, Silver Lining shows that the writters haven't missed the point of the character that badly, but she's still up there as among her most manipulative versions.

Anyways, I noticed no one talked about her in Spencer's ASM run, what do you guys think? Specificaly issue #10, something seemed a bit off with her saying to clearly that she wasn't okay with the thieves guild stealing from heroes since they use those equipments to save people, not that Felicia thinking about others is a bad thing, but her saying something so "heroic" sounding is odd (Yes, I see the irony of complaining of a version of Felicia being too manipulative and another sounding too heroic lol), since she tends to keep those things to herself, it was also weird that Spencer tried to justify the whole Queenpin **** on both what Otto did and a frustration of knowing something was missing on her relationship with Spidey, but then again I can't see Queenpin making any logical sense with her character so I doubt any good explanation, or even decent, could be made lol.

nick is building to one of his iconic last page reveals where felicia's heel turn from her heel turn is in part due to her snarky new dominican girlfriend beetle, i pray every night for this to be true, knowing that spencer's actual plan will somehow be better

praise the lord
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Anyways, I noticed no one talked about her in Spencer's ASM run, what do you guys think? Specificaly issue #10, something seemed a bit off with her saying to clearly that she wasn't okay with the thieves guild stealing from heroes since they use those equipments to save people, not that Felicia thinking about others is a bad thing, but her saying something so "heroic" sounding is odd (Yes, I see the irony of complaining of a version of Felicia being too manipulative and another sounding too heroic lol), since she tends to keep those things to herself, it was also weird that Spencer tried to justify the whole Queenpin **** on both what Otto did and a frustration of knowing something was missing on her relationship with Spidey, but then again I can't see Queenpin making any logical sense with her character so I doubt any good explanation, or even decent, could be made lol.
    I thought the "that's not who I am" line was a little weird so close to her coming off of her Queenpin run, but it made me happy that it pretty much solidified that garbage is behind her. If the thieves guild arc is any indication of how Spencer's Felicia is going to be I'm all for more.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Felicia's words and actions in issue 10 is what showed me that Nick Spencer truly does love and understand Felicia's character in a way that many writers in Marvel at the moment (and even in general) don't. Nick Spencer has said he wanted to write a Black Cat series for years (it's what Superior Foes was originally pitched as) and after how well he's been writing her, I say bring it on!!!

This interview is further proof that he's meant to write a Black Cat series.
    https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...ick-spencer/2/

See, I don't mind that Felicia says heroic, or semi-heroic things from time to time. She's certainly been through a lot of development and in the nineties was pretty much a straight-up hero. Just like she's no longer only into the "Spider" and not "boring old Peter Parker." Now she loves and appreciates both. Plus, after all the straight up villainous things she's said and done during her Queenpin career, I think it's only fair to go as far away from that as possible in every way.