Page 2 of 176 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhater View Post
    This looks like as good a place as any to ask:

What do you people over here at CBR think about Kevin Smith's origin story to her, The Evil That Men Do?

Beucase I had people tell it to my face that it's supposed to be this godawful thing, and I read people demonizing it, but I fell completely the opposite way about it.

And I'm new to this particular community, so I would be interested in the opinions of you folks.
    The first half was pretty good. Then came the rape.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    There will not be a relationship between Spider-Man x Black Cat under Slott's penmanship. Unless Peter decides to reveal his secret identity to her and explain what had happened regarding Otto's Octavius, it's not going to happen.
    Well obviously that's what we are all hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The first half was pretty good. Then came the rape.
    But that's what makes the story so significant.

Astonishing Member

Well it kinda sucks that Felicia has no hesitation over killing and I would hope since the Police confiscated her place. her cats get placed in new forever homes. I would hate for them to go to a shelter and be euthanized.

Didn't she had a criminal record already, she was in a asylum and escape from there during Stern run. Jean Dewolfe was even going to give her a clean slate for Spidey.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Well it kinda sucks that Felicia has no hesitation over killing and I would hope since the Police confiscated her place. her cats get placed in new forever homes. I would hate for them to go to a shelter and be euthanized.

Didn't she had a criminal record already, she was in a asylum and escape from there during Stern run. Jean Dewolfe was even going to give her a clean slate for Spidey.
    I don't think she had any control over the effects of her bad luck power. It seemed to me more like random bad luck on the other inmate, it just so happens that she died.

As for the criminal record, I figured her identity and record were already public and established.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I don't think she had any control over the effects of her bad luck power. It seemed to me more like random bad luck on the other inmate, it just so happens that she died.
    The dialogue didn't really support that though. At the very least, she was aware of what had happened as a result of her actions and clearly didn't care.

I know it was only a few pages but I am digging the setup for the new Spidey/Cat status quo as show in ASM #1; it's got a ton of promise and can get their relationship back to where it was in the late 1970's/early 1980's in terms of uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I know it was only a few pages but I am digging the setup for the new Spidey/Cat status quo as show in ASM #1; it's got a ton of promise and can get their relationship back to where it was in the late 1970's/early 1980's in terms of uncertainty.
    This! I think Black Cat works best this way. I adore Felicia and have since her debut. Not sure I love the new look, time will tell.

Can I ask how so? There's been some discussion on this thread (and in the ASM #1 review thread) on Felicia's status quo, post ASM #1, the debate being whether she intentionally murdered at least one of her fellow inmates to facilitate her escape. What was the nature of Peter and Felicia's relationship back in the 70's/80's? Was she more an outright villain and potential murderer, and is that the 'promise' you're hoping to see realised?

I'm just honestly curious what your interpretation was of the events in ASM #1 and how you expect/would like to see it progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Can I ask how so? There's been some discussion on this thread (and in the ASM #1 review thread) on Felicia's status quo, post ASM #1, the debate being whether she intentionally murdered at least one of her fellow inmates to facilitate her escape. What was the nature of Peter and Felicia's relationship back in the 70's/80's? Was she more an outright villain and potential murderer, and is that the 'promise' you're hoping to see realised?

I'm just honestly curious what your interpretation was of the events in ASM #1 and how you expect/would like to see it progress.

Well, I think ASM #1 shows a "reset" of sort on their relationship. Back when Marv Wolfman introduced her in 1979 and for a while in the 1980's (before they were a steady couple/team), there was an air of mystery about her. We didn't quite know what she would do next and whether she was a villain, a thief with a heart of gold or a loon. Hopefully, this new setup will return some of that mysterious allure to the character.

Well, I think ASM #1 shows a "reset" of sort on their relationship. Back when Marv Wolfman introduced her in 1979 and for a while in the 1980's (before they were a steady couple/team), there was an air of mystery about her. We didn't quite know what she would do next and whether she was a villain, a thief with a heart of gold or a loon. Hopefully, this new setup will return some of that mysterious allure to the character.
    It's definitely a reset, that much is certain. But I didn't get much ambiguity or mystery from the story. This seemed very much a Felicia who is willing to kill (or at the very least not care if anyone gets killed) in her quest for revenge. And that's not a Felicia I recognise from any period in her history, even at her most ambiguous.

I like the idea people are coming up with, with having Felicia becoming an enemy again to restart to square one like before in the 80's. It would be great for her to blow off some steam against Spidey, then find out his identity as Peter Parker, than both of them going up against Doc Ock (I'm sorry I have virtually no idea where he's at right now.)

Ultimate Member

That's exactly my problem with it. It's a rehash. All of that development and character growth, OMD pretty much wiped it out and Slott destroyed what was left. I don't want them to go back to the 70's/80's Felicia, been there done that. I want them to move forward and have her grow, not try to recapture something from decades ago. I'm also not liking her being portrayed so stupidly. She really couldn't figure out that that wasn't "her" Spider-Man or at least that something was seriously wrong with him, seriously? Then again, SSM was built on plot-induced stupidity so I shouldn't be surprised.

by_jacksonherbert

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

To be honest, I prefer a Black Cat's to be a bit more clear as a friend of Spider-Man. I can accept that isn't where they're going with the story and I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'm not too happy based off the bit we saw in ASM #1. She's spent too much time working as a hero (of sorts) with other heroes in the MU to be regressed to a Spider-Man villain.
    That being said, they're relationship could be back to where it was pre-OMD after this arc and that would be great. I wonder if they're making her a villain again in preparation for her [possibly] being a member of the Sinister Six in a future Spider-Man film.
    Last edited by The_Greatest_Username; 05-04-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

by_jacksonherbert
    Like the image.