Page 33 of 176 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Oh no, really? This is preposterous. That's a shame. This is a perfect time for Felicia to be a hero and team up with all these new spider-themed characters, but instead they have to make her a mustache twirling villain with no real agenda or good storyline going for her.

I want Felicia to team up with Jessica Drew. It's always been my dream to see those two form an exclusive partnership.

You and me both. I seriously can't believe Marvel is sticking to this ridiculous villain path Slott put her on (And this change in characterization wasn't fleshed out or makes sense at all. He only made her evil because he openly hates Felicia)
    I always felt that Jessica Drew and Felicia Hardy could form Hardy & Drew Private Investigations, LLC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The more I think about it maybe Felicia should have been in Ends of the Earth since a lot of Silver's dialogue would have made more sense with her in it.
    It would seem that a lot Silver's dialog was originally intended to be The Black Cat. Although, I am not upset that Silver Sable was used instead of the Black Cat because we finally get to see Silver's feelings for Spider-Man in the open, as well as the Black Widow's renewed interest in his resourcefulness. But I feel that Mark Waid should have made Felicia and Daredevil a couple whereby they both move to San Francisco. This way. Felicia would not have been anywhere near Spock.

Felicia's crime boss angle reeks of the smell of the Kingpin's handiwork...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If it came out of nowhere, maybe.

But Felicia had an understandable reason to be mad at Spider-Man. And that's where it all started. The jump from that to, "I want to be a mod boss because of my rep" makes zero sense (wouldn't her reputation have been 'that thief who gets a pass from the superhero community' anyway? And she just tossed that), but why bother with part A and the prison break and all that if it's just Kingpin using the Winkler device or whatever?

Now that I think of it, from what I've read Cat had a brainwashing scheme going in the Hawkeye/Deadpool mini.

I always felt that Jessica Drew and Felicia Hardy could form Hardy & Drew Private Investigations, LLC.
    That would make a great ongoing series between those two. Is Jessica still an investigator or did she drop that career? I last remember Felicia being a PI in her X-Factor guest appearances.

BANNED

Reading Spider-Ock's dialogue in ASM 15 when he initiated a 100 day countdown with his computer generated Ana made me wonder if his inevitable return would somehow be used to re-set Felicia back to her normal self. Cat has a long history with Ock and that fact that he (in Pete's body) is the one who set things going in the current direction makes me think his re-appearance will have an impact. I know she's been told it was Ock who punched her but I think actually seeing him could be key.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    If it came out of nowhere, maybe.

But Felicia had an understandable reason to be mad at Spider-Man. And that's where it all started. The jump from that to, "I want to be a mod boss because of my rep" makes zero sense (wouldn't her reputation have been 'that thief who gets a pass from the superhero community' anyway? And she just tossed that), but why bother with part A and the prison break and all that if it's just Kingpin using the Winkler device or whatever?

Now that I think of it, from what I've read Cat had a brainwashing scheme going in the Hawkeye/Deadpool mini.
    Being angry at Spidey for punching her in the face and leaving her to be arrested is one thing, but actively trying to kill him and other people for it, along with the whole crime boss business, is a big stretch. Especially when he already told her about SpOck and she didn't actually care.

It would seem that a lot Silver's dialog was originally intended to be The Black Cat. Although, I am not upset that Silver Sable was used instead of the Black Cat because we finally get to see Silver's feelings for Spider-Man in the open, as well as the Black Widow's renewed interest in his resourcefulness. But I feel that Mark Waid should have made Felicia and Daredevil a couple whereby they both move to San Francisco. This way. Felicia would not have been anywhere near Spock.

Y'know, I honestly forgot about that Daredevil/Black Cat fling. That seems like something that had a lot of story potential but just got forgotten about and dropped...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Being angry at Spidey for punching her in the face and leaving her to be arrested is one thing, but actively trying to kill him and other people for it, along with the whole crime boss business, is a big stretch. Especially when he already told her about SpOck and she didn't actually care.
    She didn't believe him. And then he claimed to be Ock in order to scare her into backing off. So, it's sort of been left up in the air exactly what she believes at this point. Although, you'd think that the message that Spider-Man wasn't Spider-Man for a few months would be known by the general public by now. If nothing else, the Avengers have a vested interest in clarifying this.

And yeah, the wanton disregard for public safety is problematic even before the mob boss nonsense. But she was testing Spider-Man's claim that he's not Ock anymore.

I would have gone with her being angry at Spider-Man, even for an extended period of time. It's not like it's an entirely different concept than Mary Jane cutting contact with Peter or Carlie moving out of New York.

The mob stuff . . . well, a whole bunch of criticisms, but the main one is Mob Boss Felicia is a snore.

Astonishing Member

She didn't believe him. And then he claimed to be Ock in order to scare her into backing off. So, it's sort of been left up in the air exactly what she believes at this point. Although, you'd think that the message that Spider-Man wasn't Spider-Man for a few months would be known by the general public by now. If nothing else, the Avengers have a vested interest in clarifying this.

And yeah, the wanton disregard for public safety is problematic even before the mob boss nonsense. But she was testing Spider-Man's claim that he's not Ock anymore.

I would have gone with her being angry at Spider-Man, even for an extended period of time. It's not like it's an entirely different concept than Mary Jane cutting contact with Peter or Carlie moving out of New York.

The mob stuff . . . well, a whole bunch of criticisms, but the main one is Mob Boss Felicia is a snore.
    Superior Spider-Man was one big Fan Fiction, whereby the cast were made to be dumb. Given Spock's actions, there is no way that Felicia Hardy wouldn't know what was going on with Spider-Man because her underworld contacts would have told her so. In addition, how is that she got caught by the cops so easily when she would have escaped before being locked. Felicia would have called out to her Heroes for Hire allies against Spider-Man. This Black Cat is nothing more than a puppet.

BANNED

It's not like it's an entirely different concept than Mary Jane cutting contact with Peter.
    Even then, Peter and MJ bumped into each other again during that "Who Am I?" mini-series, with MJ actually managing to work out Peter was'nt being himself that time. I did'nt quite discover how that ended, all I gathered was Peter had amnesia and was working with some jewel thieves and MJ helped snap some of his memories back in place, and he ended up saving her from them. I think Spiral might address/resolve some of those tensions with Peter and Felicia, but not in ways that intrude on developments in the main book if Slott or someone else chooses to have them reconcile more concretely there.

True. I definitely think her portrayal would've been better if, and apologies if someone has suggested this before, she just got out of prison through either legal release or by breaking out (but without using her bad luck powers to kill anyone) and then just carried on business as usual while being distant and angry at Spidey for what he did to her but not actively trying to kill him. She'd probably just avoid him like MJ is doing now, like you said, except it would make even more storytelling sense for Felicia to do it.

I'm pretty sure there was a scene in the first arc of the relaunch that had Spidey go on live television to announce what had happened and he was back...so I guess it is public knowledge now?
    Superior Spider-Man was one big Fan Fiction, whereby the cast were made to be dumb. Given Spock's actions, there is no way that Felicia Hardy wouldn't know what was going on with Spider-Man because her underworld contacts would have told her so. In addition, how is that she got caught by the cops so easily when she would have escaped before being locked. Felicia would have called out to her Heroes for Hire allies against Spider-Man. This Black Cat is nothing more than a puppet.
    I think SpOck's punch knocked her out or disoriented her enough so that the police could successfully take her into custody, but Slott probably didn't put that much thought into it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She'd probably just avoid him like MJ is doing now.
    I don't think MJ is actually avoiding him. She always gets drawn back to him. Even when she met up with her "diet Peter" boyfriend in Issue Four, she probably heard Peter was on the same scene, and she was watching him via a feed in Issue One, and they reunited in that mini-series everyone's forgotten about and she seemed pretty happy to see him (before she found out he had amnesia, afterwards she had to snap him out of it)
    Last edited by R.K.Z; 03-01-2015 at 03:09 PM.

So do you guys like Felicia with powers or not? Which powers do you prefer?

Ultimate Member

Without powers really except for perhaps something that works in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So do you guys like Felicia with powers or not? Which powers do you prefer?
    I like her luck based powers and I was always mostly okay with the idea of her having an imperfect copy of the serum that created Captain America like in the cartoon series

Ultimate Member

I don't even buy that she couldn't tell that SSM wasn't "her Spider." Even if she doesn't know that Peter is Spider-Man post-OMD (still a terrible decision imo), she knows Spider-Man well-enough to know how he talks/acts. I.E NOT LIKE DOC OCK!!!!