Page 5 of 176 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yep, they've pretty much done away with all of that development and regressed her completely. Back to "banging Spider-Man but now caring who he is under the mask." And now we've got this idiotic thing about her hating/wanting revenge on Spider-Man for what happened with Spock (which only serves to make her look stupid/clueless).
    Lots of people like to claim that Felicia is just a rip-off of Catwoman, but I think there is one subtle difference: while Selina works best in the 'gray' area, Felicia actually kind of works as a full on hero as she's spent more time that way (how many times has she teamed up with other heroes not just Spider-Man). If you look at her origin it hits some similar notes to Peter's

Dead father Figure

Start's out as really irrepsonsible

Has a sense of fun and power from being a costumed vigilante/criminal

Hopefully a future writer notices this and re-rails her character

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    Kill him?

A tad out of character no?

I know she plotted to kill that Ryan guy in college, but to be fair he raped her!
    Not to mention the fact that it makes her look like an idiot. She really couldn't tell that that wasn't "her spider" or at least that there was something really wrong with him. No, she just assumes that it was the real SM and now wants revenger, really? Then again, plot-induced stupidity was one of the biggest problems with SSM as a series. Felicia just got it worst of all (the Avengers and MJ weren't portrayed well either).

Not to mention the fact that it makes her look like an idiot. She really couldn't tell that that wasn't "her spider" or at least that there was something really wrong with him. No, she just assumes that it was the real SM and now wants revenger, really? Then again, plot-induced stupidity was one of the biggest problems with SSM as a series. Felicia just got it worst of all (the Avengers and MJ weren't portrayed well either).
    MJ, The Avengers, Aunt May, etc. everybody except for Carlie came of as incredibly dumb and stupid in failling to realize someone they "love" a lot completely changed and then just because he said "uhh it wasn't me, it was was Venom" everyone just said "oh, okay"

if anything Felicia is the only smart one calling BS on the symbioite angle. I mean of course she wouldn't know it wasn't the real Spidey in there. A 5 second conversation isn't enough to figure that out. What I don't like about her interpretation in Amazing #1 is how they made her into what seems to be a cold hearted revenge fueled villain. I wish Slott was a bigger fan of Felicia since I love the way Ramos draws her

Ultimate Member

But she knows Spidey and his personality. Even if Marvel has been regressing her character since OMD, he's still her ex-lover turned friend. She should have seen just how different (and violently psychotic) that he was acting and instantly known that something was up. She should be more interested in finding out just what the deal with him was instead of jumping straight to REVVEEENGE!

But she knows Spidey and his personality. Even if Marvel has been regressing her character since OMD, he's still her ex-lover turned friend. She should have seen just how different (and violently psychotic) that he was acting and instantly known that something was up. She should be more interested in finding out just what the deal with him was instead of jumping straight to REVVEEENGE!
    did you read the comic when the 2 of them interacted. It lasted like 4 panels. Even though she saw him acting weird on the news and stuff she didn't get enough time to experience it first hand. Also we need to keep in mind that when she says "kill him" she could very well mean something else

Astonishing Member

Big Black Cat fan here. Her first appearance got me to buy (Amazing) Spider-Man for the first time. I wish they had just kept here the way Wolfman wrote here -- with the apparent bad luck powers -- that she could use offensively. I didn't like that they were mainly defensive when they were reintroduced -- via Kingpin's scientists. They've been on again, off again for quite some time. So what is the current status of the bad luck powers. I was confused by how Doc Ock Spidy could punch her in the face without suffering any repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Big Black Cat fan here. Her first appearance got me to buy (Amazing) Spider-Man for the first time. I wish they had just kept here the way Wolfman wrote here -- with the apparent bad luck powers -- that she could use offensively. I didn't like that they were mainly defensive when they were reintroduced -- via Kingpin's scientists. They've been on again, off again for quite some time. So what is the current status of the bad luck powers. I was confused by how Doc Ock Spidy could punch her in the face without suffering any repercussions.
    she doesn't really seem to understand how they work but she mostly knows how to use them

personally I wish they'd give her the super soldier serum that they tried to replicate in the 90's cartoon series. At least then she would have the strength to go up against the big guns and mix this with her bad luck powers... maybe she'd be OP but whatever she deserves her own spot

anybody else wishes that Marvel would explore the Spidey verse much like DC does with Batman? Like say give a title to Black Widow, one to the Sinister Six, one to Black Cat, another to Scarlet, one for Venom, Spidey 2099, and hell why not have a Spider-Man Legends book where we get different arcs based on the Noir Spidey, Cosmic Spider, mangaverse Spidey, etc.

... AND speaking of other universes. What's your opinion of ultimate Black Cat?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    MJ,
    if anything Felicia is the only smart one calling BS on the symbioite angle. I mean of course she wouldn't know it wasn't the real Spidey in there. A 5 second conversation isn't enough to figure that out. What I don't like about her interpretation in Amazing #1 is how they made her into what seems to be a cold hearted revenge fueled villain. I wish Slott was a bigger fan of Felicia since I love the way Ramos draws her
    Slott is not a fan of heroines as more than friends for Peter Parker. This is why he had Jessica Drew beat him up. Now he has made Felicia into a super villain. And the question is how was Spock able to bypass her bad luck powers to defeat her and had her arrested. Her bad luck powers should not have allowed Felicia to go to jail that easily. As long as Slott is the head writer for Spider-Man, he's free to do whatever he wants with Spider-Man and his world. Meaning that he might have been responsible for killing off Peter relationship with Carol into a brother/sister type relationship, which could not be farther from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Slott is not a fan of heroines as more than friends for Peter Parker. This is why he had Jessica Drew beat him up. Now he has made Felicia into a super villain. And the question is how was Spock able to bypass her bad luck powers to defeat her and had her arrested. Her bad luck powers should not have allowed Felicia to go to jail that easily. As long as Slott is the head writer for Spider-Man, he's free to do whatever he wants with Spider-Man and his world. Meaning that he might have been responsible for killing off Peter relationship with Carol into a brother/sister type relationship, which could not be farther from the truth.
    thing is, Slott is a great writer, I love what he has done with the Spider-Man book. His work in Amazing and Superior have become staples of what good Spidey stories are. Hell Big Time Spider-Man arc featured one of the most fun Black Cats I've ever seen! When the guy sets to write Felicia right, he's godly at it. But he hates female super heroes and always ends up turning them into second hand characters or villains so that he doesn't have to write them anymore... or straight up killing them! *Silver Sable RIP*

Which is why I hope that once ASM 3 (the third Webb movie) comes out, Felicia is treated as an anti hero that girls just adore, because she's cool, badass, and pretty. That way Disney will push Marvel to create a BC book and we'll all get our monthly BC fix

Astonishing Member

thing is, Slott is a great writer, I love what he has done with the Spider-Man book. His work in Amazing and Superior have become staples of what good Spidey stories are. Hell Big Time Spider-Man arc featured one of the most fun Black Cats I've ever seen! When the guy sets to write Felicia right, he's godly at it. But he hates female super heroes and always ends up turning them into second hand characters or villains so that he doesn't have to write them anymore... or straight up killing them! *Silver Sable RIP*

Which is why I hope that once ASM 3 (the third Webb movie) comes out, Felicia is treated as an anti hero that girls just adore, because she's cool, badass, and pretty. That way Disney will push Marvel to create a BC book and we'll all get our monthly BC fix
    The things is also that it would be fun to see Carol Danvers appear, along with Jessica Drew, Jennifer Walters, Natasha Romanov, and Betsy Braddock in Spider-Man's world. It might be true that he doesn't like heroines who are interested in Peter Parker, which might be why he might have been responsible for shooting down the idea of Peter being in a relationship with a super heroine to being with, like Carol Danvers. And this is also the reason why we'll never see Peter and Mary Jane reunite on his watch.

But the one relationship that could work on his watch would be Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters(Human form).

I agree with everyone's sediments. It is quite evident that Slott dislikes Felicia. I have no idea why writers downplay character's certain powers. Her bad luck powers should have easily evaded SpOck's attack and prevented her from getting caught from the police.
    she doesn't really seem to understand how they work but she mostly knows how to use them

personally I wish they'd give her the super soldier serum that they tried to replicate in the 90's cartoon series. At least then she would have the strength to go up against the big guns and mix this with her bad luck powers... maybe she'd be OP but whatever she deserves her own spot

anybody else wishes that Marvel would explore the Spidey verse much like DC does with Batman? Like say give a title to Black Widow, one to the Sinister Six, one to Black Cat, another to Scarlet, one for Venom, Spidey 2099, and hell why not have a Spider-Man Legends book where we get different arcs based on the Noir Spidey, Cosmic Spider, mangaverse Spidey, etc.

... AND speaking of other universes. What's your opinion of ultimate Black Cat?
    She was okay I suppose. She was a little too forward with Peter and is written as a bimbo compared to her 616 counterpart. That barfing scene she had on Peter was atrocious. I think my favorite alternate version of her would be the Spectacular Spiderman version.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The things is also that it would be fun to see Carol Danvers appear, along with Jessica Drew, Jennifer Walters, Natasha Romanov, and Betsy Braddock in Spider-Man's world. It might be true that he doesn't like heroines who are interested in Peter Parker, which might be why he might have been responsible for shooting down the idea of Peter being in a relationship with a super heroine to being with, like Carol Danvers. And this is also the reason why we'll never see Peter and Mary Jane reunite on his watch.

But the one relationship that could work on his watch would be Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters(Human form).
    I really want a teamup between Felicia and those heroines. Has they ever met before?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Cat's regression is essentially the equivalent of turning Emma Frost into a straight-villain again. I'm not happy about it at all, but I'll be willing to see where it takes the character.

Will always love Black Cat but i'm not feeling her being a turned into a villain i mean she should always walk the grey area for spidey. Still i am still dumbfounded in how spock captured her any way (seiously where was the bad luck?) alas i hope she doesn't spend time as a vengeful villain and goes back to stealing and being all flirtatious with petey again. Whatever happens i will see whats in store for felicia.

Ultimate Member

I actually would have liked to see Felicia become a semi-permanent part of the DD book. As much as I like her interactions with Peter (when they're written well), having her "broaden her horizons" so to speak would do the character some good imo. Plus, I just liked her and Matt's interactions/chemistry.