Page 51 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean any offense to Robbie Thompson, I've heard mostly positives about his portrayal of Silk and I find the art incredibly endearing. I'd honestly probably have this on my pulls list or at least nabbed a few issues if it weren't for the current mandate on Felicia sucking a lot of the fun out of these books for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    FYI Felicia-fans, if you want to read a well written Black Cat, read Secret Wars House of M where she's not a terrible person.

It's a shame though that all there seems to be talked about here is how terribly she's being written. It can't be surprising though, I mean, does anyone like her current heel-turn?
    I agree. She is pretty enjoyable in that book. I like seeing her be a hero. The last time we saw that was...oh idk that last Defenders book?

It really is ridiculous how Marvel is mandating this villain status. No fans like it at all and there still is no logical explanation behind it. Spiderman writers really don't care what fans think it would appear, with them never redoing the universally panned OMD and now this.

In looking at the positive side of things for Felicia at the moment, however little there is, at least her new costume isn't bad. Which in a world where costume redesigns and new costumes fairly often prove divisive, is nice to have .

Unless someone disagrees of course...

Astonishing Member

Dan Slott should seriously consider using Tigra in place of The Black Cat and Police Captain Yuri Watanabe because she encompass The Cat side of her super heroine crime fighting character as well as her civilian role as a member of the NYPD. In addition, Greer has not become a corrupt Police Officer; not is she a crime boss. And she was Spider-Man's first female crime fighting partners long before The Black Cat appeared. But the one advantage that Greer has is that she's one of the few Police Officers whose a close friend of Peter Parker.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-01-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

You'll have to bring it up with Thompson. While Evil!Cat will be menacing as many ANAD titles as the editors can work with, as Silk's boss she's pretty much operating her chaos empire from Cindy's book.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

at least black cat will have a book to star in Post Secret Wars....I'm still waiting for word on where Morbius the living vampire is and why marvel suddenly forgot Brownsville was a place

still though i can see why people hate her heel turn...but complaining about it won't change a thing we know that....so best thing to do is ignore it
    Last edited by Chrysalis_Changling; 09-02-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

It's hard to ignore it when she's appearing so frequently and in such terrible circumstances that only serve to reinforce this awful new status quo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    It's hard to ignore it when she's appearing so frequently and in such terrible circumstances that only serve to reinforce this awful new status quo.
    Perhaps Evil Black Cat is an extension of Dr. Octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In looking at the positive side of things for Felicia at the moment, however little there is, at least her new costume isn't bad. Which in a world where costume redesigns and new costumes fairly often prove divisive, is nice to have .

Unless someone disagrees of course...
    I like how it's drawn in the Silk book I admit.

BANNED

I've never read Silk but several people have said it's pretty good and some even claim way better than spider-gwen which is what i was reading instead of it

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    I've never read Silk but several people have said it's pretty good and some even claim way better than spider-gwen which is what i was reading instead of it
    I think Silk and Gwen's books are very different and shouldn't be compared. What I like about the Silk series is the artwork and the way the writer is making her a likable and relatable character unlike how Bendis wrote her when he introduced her.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Perhaps Evil Black Cat is an extension of Dr. Octopus.
    It may be very well possible Doc. Oc is possessing Cat. That would be an interesting explanation.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I think Silk and Gwen's books are very different and shouldn't be compared. What I like about the Silk series is the artwork and the way the writer is making her a likable and relatable character unlike how Bendis wrote her when he introduced her.
    Don't you mean Slott?

BANNED

uh it was dan slott that introduced her in amazing spider-man not bendis just a FYI

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Why they tease me with heroic spider-powered Black Cat in Spiderman Unlimited while this Editorial pet villain sue haunts the comics?! MEANIES!!!

I hope she remains heroic in Marvel Avengers Alliance too.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Why they tease me with heroic spider-powered Black Cat in Spiderman Unlimited while this Editorial pet villain sue haunts the comics?! MEANIES!!!

I hope she remains heroic in Marvel Avengers Alliance too.
    Those two series likely aren't getting as much attention as the mainstream books, hence why they're not portraying her as evil.