Page 7 of 176 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade Wilson View Post
    It seems to be that the comic I meant is indeed Evil that Men do. Its been so long that I read it that I didnt really remember if it were this one but I finally some images from it that confirmed that its indeed that book. Unfortunately it seems to be out of print, TFAW.com doesnt even list it. How come Marvel hasnt reprinted it since 2007? I would really love to get it.
    Try Amazon. They might have copies of it. Or Forbidden Planet or Midtown Comics.

Ultimate Member

I absolutely and utterly love Felicia Hardy. She is my most favorite female Marvel character and always has been. I love her conflicted character, her attitude, her seductive and dangerous nature but at the same time she has a great heart. I pretty much fell in love with her the moment I first saw her in a comic book.

While the Felicia during Spider-Mans Black suit days was a lot of fun, I definitely prefer the Felicia we got to see in the years before the OMD retcon when she was good friends with the Parkers but still had this awesome sparking chemistry with Peter whenever they were alone. Also because during that time she didnt love just Spider-Man like in the 80s and 90s, she also loved Peter. And it was so sad yet beautiful irony that when she finally loved the man under the mask, she couldnt be with him anymore but kept loving and supporting him nontheless whenever he needed her. Thats the essence of true love in my book. I especially loved her in Mark Millars Marvel Knights: Spider-Man run and I also really loved Smiths The Evil that Men do.

Its too bad that Marvel hasnt released the latter as TPB yet, I tried to find it on TFAW.com and apparently there is no TP of that story

After OMD I was so infuriated with Marvel that for the first time in over 15 years I dropped all my Spider-Man books and havent picked up a single issue ever since. I know that Felicia apparently played a larger role again after the retcon and even had a somewhat romantic relationship with Peter but that she didnt know his true identity and I just hated this so much so I didnt even bother to check it out. IMO Marvel really ruined Spider-Mans world with OMD and then they even topped it off with that Superior nonsense (I know there are many who love the book but I feel offended as a Spider-Man fan by the mere concept of it)

By the way can anybody help me out here? I once saw a couple of pages of a Spider-Man/Black Cat story many years ago but couldnt really find that comic later and am not sure from which comic its from. Its a scene where peter and Felicia are swinging around town and having some fun with each other and Peter keeps thinking to himself how gorgeous and fun Felicia is and how easy it is to get lost in her. Was that Evil that men do? Or another comic? I just cant remember where its from but I really, really want to get that comic. I just dont remember which comic it is and in which TP it might be collected.
    Her post-OMD relationship with Peter was less "romantic" and more "lets just have casual no-strings attached sex." Also, Peter insisted that he be allowed to keep his mask on so that she didn't know who he was (which made him look like a douche). Yeah, I hate what's been done with Felicia post-OMD, at least in the Spider-Man books. She's been portrayed decently elsewhere though.

One of the more disappointing things about the post OMD stuff is Felicia's regression as an character. I remember three years ago when I was reading some of the late 80s ASM comics and I remember how fun she was as an character and her development from seeing Peter move on to MJ and how she deal with it all.
    However, maybe something can come from her appearance in ASM # 3 next month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Her post-OMD relationship with Peter was less "romantic" and more "lets just have casual no-strings attached sex." Also, Peter insisted that he be allowed to keep his mask on so that she didn't know who he was (which made him look like a douche). Yeah, I hate what's been done with Felicia post-OMD, at least in the Spider-Man books. She's been portrayed decently elsewhere though.
    Yeah thats exactly what I read and why I didnt even bother to check it out. Utterly LOATHE this development of their relationship. Please tell me she at least didnt have sex with Ock or I might vomit on my keyboard. Seriously what is Marvel doing these past few years with my favorite characters? First they ruin the Ultimate X-Men, then they screw up Spider-Man, now they even made me drop WolverineŽs book because of that "bold" new direction they want to take him in. I have never dropped Wolverines book(s) ever before in my life since I started reading comics since he is by far my most fav Marvel character.

In fact I just realized that I currently only buy TPs from Marvel and dont have a single ongoing on my pull list anymore, which is now entirely comprised of DC and Buffyverse titles. Considering that I originally was a Marvel only reader in the first 4-5 years of being a comicfan this is a frightening and sad development. I used to love Spider-Man, Wolverine, X-Men and Avengers so much. Now I only keep buying TPs of past stories. Though I AM considering picking up the new ASM series since its a fresh start for Peter and maybe they might finally get him back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Try Amazon. They might have copies of it. Or Forbidden Planet or Midtown Comics.
    Generally this would be very helpful. Problem is I live in Germany and I get all my US-comics via my local comic book store in Hamburg. I often refer to TFAW.com because if its listed there my LCS usually can order it too. usually you can order US-TPs also on german bookstore-websites but I already checked them all and none of them list Evil that men do. Amazon germany lists it but it says that its currently out of stock (meaning most likely out of print). Looks like that book has actually become a rarity.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Well, she didn't hook up with SpOck, but when she tried to flirt with him (while she was robbing a bank) until he beat the hell out of her and left her for the cops.

Ultimate Member

Yeah thats exactly what I read and why I didnt even bother to check it out. Utterly LOATHE this development of their relationship. Please tell me she at least didnt have sex with Ock or I might vomit on my keyboard. Seriously what is Marvel doing these past few years with my favorite characters? First they ruin the Ultimate X-Men, then they screw up Spider-Man, now they even made me drop WolverineŽs book because of that "bold" new direction they want to take him in. I have never dropped Wolverines book(s) ever before in my life since I started reading comics since he is by far my most fav Marvel character.

In fact I just realized that I currently only buy TPs from Marvel and dont have a single ongoing on my pull list anymore, which is now entirely comprised of DC and Buffyverse titles. Considering that I originally was a Marvel only reader in the first 4-5 years of being a comicfan this is a frightening and sad development. I used to love Spider-Man, Wolverine, X-Men and Avengers so much. Now I only keep buying TPs of past stories. Though I AM considering picking up the new ASM series since its a fresh start for Peter and maybe they might finally get him back on track.

Generally this would be very helpful. Problem is I live in Germany and I get all my US-comics via my local comic book store in Hamburg. I often refer to TFAW.com because if its listed there my LCS usually can order it too. usually you can order US-TPs also on german bookstore-websites but I already checked them all and none of them list Evil that men do. Amazon germany lists it but it says that its currently out of stock (meaning most likely out of print). Looks like that book has actually become a rarity.
    Oh I still buy lots of Marvel books (there are quite a few of them that are good). It's just that not many of them tend to be Spider-Man related these days (except for Miles Morales, he's cool).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Well, she didn't hook up with SpOck, but when she tried to flirt with him (while she was robbing a bank) until he beat the hell out of her and left her for the cops.
    While beating the hell out of a woman is very disturbing stuff (and while we all know it wasnt Peter it still has a faint taste of relationship abuse to it), at least this was Ock, not Peter. I mean I havent read this nor have I any desire to but well Ock is a villain so him beating up a hero is at least not as awful as Peter beating her up would be. Does Felicia know by now that this was not Peter? Otherwise her reunion with him (whenever that might be) in ASM could get ugly. And I dont like ugly between these two

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Oh I still buy lots of Marvel books (there are quite a few of them that are good). It's just that not many of them tend to be Spider-Man related these days (except for Miles Morales, he's cool).
    I am sure that not all Marvel books are bad. Unfortunately just the ones I am interested in - Wolverine, X-Men (so tired of radical Cyclops - I want the actual X-Men back together), Ultimate X-Men (still cant believe how much Marvel has f*cked this one up since Ultimatum), X-Force ( I loved the X-Force book with Wolverine, Deadpool, Psylocke etc. Why did they have to completely change that again? ARGH), Spider-Man etc.

Well I hope at least Spidey is gonna be good again with ASM and that after they kill Wolverine, they rebuild him properly into the Wolverine I love.

You know how people keep bashing the New 52 at DC? What Marvel has done since Marvel Now (at least to my favorite books) is like 10 times as bad. IŽll take the New 52 over Marvel Now anytime these days.

Though I AM considering picking up the new ASM series since its a fresh start for Peter and maybe they might finally get him back on track.
    Does Felicia know by now that this was not Peter? Otherwise her reunion with him (whenever that might be) in ASM could get ugly. And I dont like ugly between these two
    If you don't like ugly between Pete and Felicia - and if you're a fan of Felicia in general - I think it's safe to say that now really isn't the time for you to start picking up ASM again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    If you don't like ugly between Pete and Felicia - and if you're a fan of Felicia in general - I think it's safe to say that now really isn't the time for you to start picking up ASM again.
    Well only those who make it through hell deserve heaven, right?

Let me elaborate:

I have absolutely no problem with Pete and Felicia having their ups and downs and their fights. They fought plenty in the past. I dont need everything between them to be sugar and rainbows all the time because thats never the kind of relationship they had. Felicia aint Gwen. When I speak of ugly I am not talking about the usual downs of their relationship. I am talking about UGLY. About Felicia feeling abused by Peter, about her genuinely wanting to hurt him in bad ways, about the love they share (wether its romantic or platonic) being severely twisted into something truly dark and bad. I am talking about Felicia feeling towards Peter like how she felt towards the guy who raped her. Rape and relationship abuse is both a very special kind of ugly. While Ock didnt rape her, he apparently (correct me if IŽm wrong) made Felicia believe Peter had violently abused her in terrible ways. That is a special kind of dark and its not a place I want their relationship to go. Then again Felicia doesnt even know that he is Peter Parker (or has she learned his true identity already again since OMD?), making this even more complicated. I just wish they could go back to being Peter and Felicia in their relationship.

Also just because I dont like something doesnt mean that I wont endure it if necessary. Otherwise I would need to stop reading virtually all my comic series and stop watching all my favorite TV shows because at some point there will always be something that you dont like that youŽll have to go through.

When I speak of ugly I am not talking about the usual downs of their relationship. I am talking about UGLY. About Felicia feeling abused by Peter, about her genuinely wanting to hurt him in bad ways, about the love they share (wether its romantic or platonic) being severely twisted into something truly dark and bad.
    Yep, that's pretty much where things stand right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The story with Peter Parker and Skip is widely considered out of continuity.

As it occurred in a Public Service Announcement comic where the point is to inform children what they can do in a horrible situation, that particular story probably doesn't qualify as lazy writing.
    I wonder why people always say that. Why is this particular part of his story is deemed "out of continuity"? Didn't he mention it in another comic again?
    I didn't bring that up because I think that was lazy writing, I just wanted to point out that it happened to him, too.

BANNED

So I picked up Amazing #1 after all and I must say that I actually really enjoyed it . Peter being thrown in a situation where he has no idea what the hell Ock did to his life while he was gone led to some really funny moments and situations that felt really right for the tone of Spider-Man. It was lighthearted and funny and while I never was the biggest fan of Humberto Ramos, I think his art has improved a LOT since the days of Spectacular Spider-Man (where his art was just terrible).

I was particularly happy of course with a story devoted entirely to Felicia and I appreciated it that they gave me a recap of what had happened in the past since I have not read any (new) Spider-Man comics since OMD and only knew what I had heard or read here and there on news sites, forums and the likes. I really liked the Felicia story, her anger and wrath comes from a place of pain and betrayal and it didnt feel to me like she was twisted into a different character then the Felicia I knew. Things are probably gonna get messy between her and Peter now and this story could still get really out of hand and I still may end up hating it but so far I like it and am very excited to see what happened next. Also because I never really experienced such a situation between these two before, where one of them truly wants to hurt the other out of betrayal and pain. Even after Peter married MJ (which caused Felicia quite some pain), she never tried to get revenge or hurt them. She usually supports and helps Peter, no matter what so this kind of situation right now is very new for me and something I havent seen before with those two so there is an element of freshness to it. Like I said this could still get very messed up and turn into a pile of crap but so far I am intrigued.

But as someone who hasnt read any issues since OMD, I have a lot of questions about the current status quo and hopefully someone here can help me out:

1. How exactly did Peter return to life (They never reveal that in ASM 1) and what happened to Ock? It was only said he sacrificed himself but what exactly happened?

2. Green Goblin and an attack of several Goblins on the Raft is mentioned frequently. What exactly is the story behind that? was that GG Norman Osborn? And who are these other Goblins? Is one of them Gabriel Stacy? (Always wanted to know what happened to the twins)

3. What exactly is the current status of Aunt May? Where does she live, is she with someone now?

4. What is the current status between Peter and Mary-Jane? There was one scene where MJ just angrily called Peter an idiot in ASM 1. Did she think this was Ock? Does she even know that Ock was in Peters body? Exactly how much of her (pre-OMD)history with Peter does she remember? Or does she remember nothing of it at all? I once read that OMD only erased the marriage from canon but not their relationship they had before the wedding. Exactly how much of their history has been erased and what remains?

5. Was Peters pre-OMD history with Felicia erased from canon as well? Apparently she doesnt know his real identity today so exactly how much of their pre-OMD history remains in current canon?

6. What is the story with this Anna Maria girl. Completely new character to me. Apparently she is Ocks girlfriend. Does she know that Otto was in Peters body? Or does she condier herself "Peter Parkers" girlfriend? Since I stopped at OMD, I have absolutely no idea who she is or what her history with Peter and otto is so IŽd be grateful if someone could fill in the blanks for me here.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Ah I see. Sorry to hear that, hope it becomes available for you soon on the websites that are available to you.

So I picked up Amazing #1 after all and I must say that I actually really enjoyed it . Peter being thrown in a situation where he has no idea what the hell Ock did to his life while he was gone led to some really funny moments and situations that felt really right for the tone of Spider-Man. It was lighthearted and funny and while I never was the biggest fan of Humberto Ramos, I think his art has improved a LOT since the days of Spectacular Spider-Man (where his art was just terrible).

I was particularly happy of course with a story devoted entirely to Felicia and I appreciated it that they gave me a recap of what had happened in the past since I have not read any (new) Spider-Man comics since OMD and only knew what I had heard or read here and there on news sites, forums and the likes. I really liked the Felicia story, her anger and wrath comes from a place of pain and betrayal and it didnt feel to me like she was twisted into a different character then the Felicia I knew. Things are probably gonna get messy between her and Peter now and this story could still get really out of hand and I still may end up hating it but so far I like it and am very excited to see what happened next. Also because I never really experienced such a situation between these two before, where one of them truly wants to hurt the other out of betrayal and pain. Even after Peter married MJ (which caused Felicia quite some pain), she never tried to get revenge or hurt them. She usually supports and helps Peter, no matter what so this kind of situation right now is very new for me and something I havent seen before with those two so there is an element of freshness to it. Like I said this could still get very messed up and turn into a pile of crap but so far I am intrigued.

But as someone who hasnt read any issues since OMD, I have a lot of questions about the current status quo and hopefully someone here can help me out:

1. How exactly did Peter return to life (They never reveal that in ASM 1) and what happened to Ock? It was only said he sacrificed himself but what exactly happened?

2. Green Goblin and an attack of several Goblins on the Raft is mentioned frequently. What exactly is the story behind that? was that GG Norman Osborn? And who are these other Goblins? Is one of them Gabriel Stacy? (Always wanted to know what happened to the twins)

3. What exactly is the current status of Aunt May? Where does she live, is she with someone now?

4. What is the current status between Peter and Mary-Jane? There was one scene where MJ just angrily called Peter an idiot in ASM 1. Did she think this was Ock? Does she even know that Ock was in Peters body? Exactly how much of her (pre-OMD)history with Peter does she remember? Or does she remember nothing of it at all? I once read that OMD only erased the marriage from canon but not their relationship they had before the wedding. Exactly how much of their history has been erased and what remains?

5. Was Peters pre-OMD history with Felicia erased from canon as well? Apparently she doesnt know his real identity today so exactly how much of their pre-OMD history remains in current canon?

6. What is the story with this Anna Maria girl. Completely new character to me. Apparently she is Ocks girlfriend. Does she know that Otto was in Peters body? Or does she condier herself "Peter Parkers" girlfriend? Since I stopped at OMD, I have absolutely no idea who she is or what her history with Peter and otto is so IŽd be grateful if someone could fill in the blanks for me here.
    1. Otto was getting outplayed by the Goblins and gave up.

2. Otto Blackmailed Jameson into giving him the raft and used it as his headquarters until it blew up.

3. I don't know where they live but she's married to Jameson sr. now.

4. MJ's on the rebound

6. We're not sure yet but unless Otto confessed who he really was in that note and I doubt it. She doesn't know about the mind switch. I don't think she had much history with Peter prior to Superior.

Two posts have been deleted. Don't argue about who's a bigger fan of a character, or what someone else's interest in a character is based on.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets