Page 1 of 163 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2432
  1. #1

    Default Black Cat Appreciation 2018


  2. #2
    Spectacular Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    139

    Default

    The Black Cat backup story in ASM #1 was a good one, she's got a good reason to be angry. Problem for Spidey is she's going to take it out on the wrong guy and won't listen, lol. I don't think we've ever really seen Black Cat this vengeful or bad before, so that should be interesting to see.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Black Cat is awesome, I'm so looking forward to what's in store for the character's future.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19

    Question The Evil That Men Do

    This looks like as good a place as any to ask:

    What do you people over here at CBR think about Kevin Smith's origin story to her, The Evil That Men Do?

    Beucase I had people tell it to my face that it's supposed to be this godawful thing, and I read people demonizing it, but I fell completely the opposite way about it.

    And I'm new to this particular community, so I would be interested in the opinions of you folks.

  6. #6
    Junior Member ceroxide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Aguadilla
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The Black Cat backup story in ASM #1 was a good one, she's got a good reason to be angry. Problem for Spidey is she's going to take it out on the wrong guy and won't listen, lol. I don't think we've ever really seen Black Cat this vengeful or bad before, so that should be interesting to see.
    so she got a backup story? man I can't wait to get my hands on that issue, too bad I gotta wait until tomorrow night to do so
    I need to start dumping my Black Cat pics in here again

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruhater View Post
    This looks like as good a place as any to ask:

    What do you people over here at CBR think about Kevin Smith's origin story to her, The Evil That Men Do?

    Beucase I had people tell it to my face that it's supposed to be this godawful thing, and I read people demonizing it, but I fell completely the opposite way about it.

    And I'm new to this particular community, so I would be interested in the opinions of you folks.
    the general consensus is that it started of amazing, but then it go t hit with delays and the story turned to something else entirely and we ended up with a story that's good. It showed a lot of promise and would be one of the best BC stories were it not for all the constraints.
    Maybe if you've never read it before and are able to get the full story now it would be amazing but for those of us that read it as it came out, it's forever tainted
    Last edited by ceroxide; 05-01-2014 at 05:45 AM.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The Black Cat backup story in ASM #1 was a good one, she's got a good reason to be angry. Problem for Spidey is she's going to take it out on the wrong guy and won't listen, lol. I don't think we've ever really seen Black Cat this vengeful or bad before, so that should be interesting to see.
    I didn't like it. ASM #1 Spoilers; spoilers:
    Ultimately, it portrays Felicia as weak, in so much as being put away for her crimes has 'broken her' - And after essentially killing (at least) one person, it appears that her new status quo is going to be as an outright villain.

    To be fair, I haven't read Amazing since OMD so what she does in the pages of Spidey is normally of no interest to me But she's been a supporting character in other books over the last few years and having her reduced to just another rogue seems like a big waste of a character.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 05-01-2014 at 06:02 AM.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    934

    Default

    I have no desire to read much post-OMD Spidey, and it's sad to read about where Felicia's ended up over the years. I'd love to see her partnered up with Flash again, especially now he boasts a symbiotic side, it'd make for a very interesting dynamic what with Felicia having to co-exist with something that rearranged her face one time

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I didn't like it. ASM #1 Spoilers; spoilers:
    Ultimately, it portrays Felicia as weak, in so much as being put away for her crimes has 'broken her' - And after essentially killing (at least) one person, it appears that her new status quo is going to be as an outright villain.

    To be fair, I haven't read Amazing since OMD so what she does in the pages of Spidey is normally of no interest to me But she's been a supporting character in other books over the last few years and having her reduced to just another rogue seems like a big waste of a character.
    end of spoilers
    We need to remember that Felicia might have been heading in this direction post-OMD. My feeling for the new status quo is that fact that no one else at Marvel was interested in using her in their titles. There was a time when we say other Spider-Writers using her in other titles but ASM. But now there in only one Spider-Man series with one sole writer. It would be sad to see Felicia holding a grudge against Spider-Man without realizing that it wasn't Peter who apprehend her in the first place. And why didn't her bad luck powers saw Spock's attack? Because her powers were nullified to make Spock look good. I think that the right thing for Peter to do is just reveal his identity to Felicia and explain what had happened. But I seriously doubt that's going to happen as they might keep Felicia as a super villain from this point onward because Marvel doesn't want a Catwoman ripoff for Spider-Man.

  10. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
    the general consensus is that it started of amazing, but then it go t hit with delays and the story turned to something else entirely and we ended up with a story that's good. It showed a lot of promise and would be one of the best BC stories were it not for all the constraints.
    Maybe if you've never read it before and are able to get the full story now it would be amazing but for those of us that read it as it came out, it's forever tainted
    The publication date on Wikipedia WAS weird. It really took three full years for it to get published? That's unfortunate...

    Also, so far this is the first place I saw that praised that story, hopefully it's not the only one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    We need to remember that Felicia might have been heading in this direction post-OMD. My feeling for the new status quo is that fact that no one else at Marvel was interested in using her in their titles. There was a time when we say other Spider-Writers using her in other titles but ASM. But now there in only one Spider-Man series with one sole writer. It would be sad to see Felicia holding a grudge against Spider-Man without realizing that it wasn't Peter who apprehend her in the first place. And why didn't her bad luck powers saw Spock's attack? Because her powers were nullified to make Spock look good. I think that the right thing for Peter to do is just reveal his identity to Felicia and explain what had happened. But I seriously doubt that's going to happen as they might keep Felicia as a super villain from this point onward because Marvel doesn't want a Catwoman ripoff for Spider-Man.
    Honestly, now with Mary-Jane and Carlie permanently out of the picture, this looks like the best opportunity for Peter to hook up with Felicia.

    I always said that The Superior Spider-Man was the best thing to happen to Spider-Man comics since the eighties, and now the changes and plot progression from that book could go even further.

    And Peter being in a steady relationship with a woman who can fight crime right alongside him would be a welcome change after all's said and done.
    Last edited by Haruhater; 05-01-2014 at 07:19 AM.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    It hasn't been a great few years for Spidey's female supporting/recurring characters over the last few years in general;

    Mattie Franklin - Dead
    Silver Sable - Dead('ish)
    Julia Carpenter - Blind. Comatose.
    Felicia - Beaten up. Arrested. Probable villain.
    MJ - Nuff said.

    Frankly, unless you're an old lady who make wheatcakes, being a female character linked to Peter is never going to end well.

  12. #12
    Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Land of Dreams
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruhater View Post
    The publication date on Wikipedia WAS weird. It really took three full years for it to get published? That's unfortunate...

    Also, so far this is the first place I saw that praised that story, hopefully it's not the only one.


    Honestly, now with Mary-Jane and Carlie permanently out of the picture, this looks like the best opportunity for Peter to hook up with Felicia.

    I always said that The Superior Spider-Man was the best thing to happen to Spider-Man comics since the eighties, and now the changes and plot progression from that book could go even further.

    And Peter being in a steady relationship with a woman who can fight crime right alongside him would be a welcome change after all's said and done.
    It is a chance for them to get together, but I feel that ultimately the relationship will fail. But it would be fun to see them try
    Creativity is awesome.

    It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

  13. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruhater View Post
    Honestly, now with Mary-Jane and Carlie permanently out of the picture
    Carlie? Probably. MJ? Not a chance. She's still going to be a big deal in the comic despite her relationship status and she'll probably be on the market again just in time for the third ASM movie or something when the next live-action MJ is introduced.

    I would definitely like to see the old Felicia/Peter closeness/friendship blossom again, with the two knowing each other's identities and progressing from there.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 05-01-2014 at 07:32 AM.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruhater View Post
    Honestly, now with Mary-Jane and Carlie permanently out of the picture, this looks like the best opportunity for Peter to hook up with Felicia.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    It is a chance for them to get together, but I feel that ultimately the relationship will fail. But it would be fun to see them try
    Have you guys read the back-up story in ASM #1? I'm going to assume not, so without spoiling more than we've already suggested on this thread, I think it's safe to say Pete and Felicia will not be hooking up any time soon... or possibly ever... after the events of this week's issue.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    It is a chance for them to get together, but I feel that ultimately the relationship will fail. But it would be fun to see them try
    There will not be a relationship between Spider-Man x Black Cat under Slott's penmanship. Unless Peter decides to reveal his secret identity to her and explain what had happened regarding Otto's Octavius, it's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-01-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •