Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Spider-Gwen, #1

SPIDER-GWEN SPINS INTO HER OWN SERIES!
    • BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT! The breakout hit of the biggest Spider-Event of the century is taking comic shops by storm this winter with her own new ongoing series - SPIDER-GWEN!
    • Gwen Stacy is Spider-Woman, but you knew that already. What you DON'T know is what friends and foes are waiting for her in the aftermath of Spider-Verse!
    • From the fan-favorite creative team that brought you Spider-Gwen's origin story in EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE, Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez!

Full article here.

BANNED

Twenty years from now, there will be a Gang War event where the Kingpin of Crime in Spider-Gwen's world is murdered by a mysterious and shadowy culprit, some may even say an urban legend. While the fractured underworld battles for turf and power, Gwen has to track down the killer, coming face to face again for the first time with... The Bodega Bandit!

Did this comic just pull a fourth wall joke?
    Back For Good Behavior!

YES!!! At last it's here! It's felt like I've been waiting forever for her to arrive. ^^

Dam April is in a LOONG time :/ Do you guys think that the reboot of the Marvel Universe in july will affect or even stop this serie?? I mean the serie will start 2 month before the big BOOM! .. --'

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin's Comics View Post
    Dam April is in a LOONG time :/ Do you guys think that the reboot of the Marvel Universe in july will affect or even stop this serie?? I mean the serie will start 2 month before the big BOOM! .. --'
    It will be out THIS Wednesday, not April.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Faerie View Post
    YES!!! At last it's here! It's felt like I've been waiting forever for her to arrive. ^^
    She's been around in multiple books for the past four months

But it's good to see her in her solo book though.

Incredible Member

I've got to say that I am disappointed with the reference to spider verse. I don't want to read that so that I know what she's talking about. I was hoping this would be a new series that doesn't reference the mess that is marvel. And literally the first three pages is nothing but spider verse.

I wish the preview was more story and less variant covers...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I've got to say that I am disappointed with the reference to spider verse. I don't want to read that so that I know what she's talking about. I was hoping this would be a new series that doesn't reference the mess that is marvel. And literally the first three pages is nothing but spider verse.
    Seeing as the character wouldn't have existed without Spider-Verse, I'd say referencing it is more than fair. Also, I'm sure it's little more than acknowledging she was out of town while involved in a big war involving a multiverse worth of Spiders and doesn't impact the main plot at all.

BANNED

I wonder if the upcoming Secret Wars event will tie into this new series ?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, she came during Spidervere, that event ended, and due to Spiderverse she was MIA from her Universe for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I wonder if the upcoming Secret Wars event will tie into this new series ?
    Most definitely. She's featured in the Spider-Verse tie-in to Secret Wars and also on the A-Force cover, so she'll most likely be part of Battleworld like everyone else. And that means her book will be part of the event as well.

It's a Marvel superhero comic book. If you don't want any references to the greater Marvel universe then you should really be looking into something else.
    Last edited by Probalus; 02-20-2015 at 05:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAtheist View Post
    Did this comic just pull a fourth wall joke?
    Yep. Though why they had to have Nick's face in a comic I don't know

Looking forward to the issue anyway, just hope it was worth the wait now

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Most definitely. She's featured in the Spider-Verse tie-in to Secret Wars and also on the A-Force cover, so she'll most likely be part of Battleworld like everyone else. And that means her book will be part of the event as well.

It's a Marvel superhero comic book. If you don't want any references to the greater Marvel universe then you should really be looking into something else.
    Spiderverse isn't "greater Marvel Universe", it was a mostly closed off event that only affected Spider-related stuff. It isn't trying to be like the Avengers forcing everyone to play ball with their inhouse event.