Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Uncanny Avengers, #2

COUNTER-EVOLUTIONARY PART 2
    • Welcome to Counter-Earth, where the future of your species is being developed by crack evolutionists. A better future awaits and is only one evolutionary updated away.
    • The New Men rise for what is theirs. They seek the chaos and the speed to create the true Earth, the true evolution.
    • Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver discover a terrible truth about their past.

Full article here.

Man, I'm really loving Sabertooth in this. The issue looks promising. Also that Noto variant is beautiful.

Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Wasn't sure about this title when it was first announced, but picked up the first issue anyway, and found it was interesting enough. It looks like it's getting quite intriguing now. While I haven't always liked him, I have always found the High Evolutionary an interesting character. Have to admit, I do like the "good" Sabertooth, like he was in the Age of Apocalypse, which was my favourite version of him. Now if the AoA/Exiles Blink could find her way to the Uncanny Avengers, I would be totally sold. (and very happy)

Extraordinary Member

Life on Counter Earth must really suck.

Nothing like your creator showing up regularly to tell you what a lousy job you are doing of existing.

Is it strange that I find myself rooting for the High Evolutionary at this point? I feel as though the story involving Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch's true origin is not going to have a good ending. No matter what happens, it's going to come off as contrived and unsatisfying. Given the scope of the retcon, how could it not? I still want to give it a chance. However, a part of me feels like this just isn't going to end well for anybody involved.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Nothing like your creator showing up regularly to tell you what a lousy job you are doing of existing.
    To be fair, in reality many people wouldn't give a crap what their creator wanted them to do.

All-New Member

what hapenned to the earth made by franklin?

Was'nt the one from the HE destroyed years ago or taken? away?

I loved the first issue, really solid. Definitely picking up the whole series.
    Favorite characters: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Ozymandias, The Riddler, Hellboy, Renee Montoya.

I thought the Counter-Earth that the High Evolutionary had created (the one that Adam Warlock tried to save) had been fremoved from the orbit of the sun and destroyed yaers ago. I thought that the one that now orbits opposite to the Earth was the Heroes Reborn world, created by Franklin Richards and home to the Young Allies.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Is it strange that I find myself rooting for the High Evolutionary at this point? I feel as though the story involving Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch's true origin is not going to have a good ending. No matter what happens, it's going to come off as contrived and unsatisfying. Given the scope of the retcon, how could it not? I still want to give it a chance. However, a part of me feels like this just isn't going to end well for anybody involved.
    The sad thing is that if not for this retcon we could have had a truly X-Men like story of how the team adjusts and are hated by a world more against mutants than ever after Axis and it would've fit in perfectly for a title that's supposed to bridge the gap between Avengers and X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

"Your best is not enough" is quite a stretch to "lousy job"...

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Man, I'm really loving Sabertooth in this. The issue looks promising. Also that Noto variant is beautiful.

... Ash Wednesday variant?

Yeek

I think this "New" High Evolutionary completely ignores the entire history of the character. HE was originally kind of a sweet guy in some ways...sure, he'd try to evolve you against your will, but HE always tried to protect and rehabilitate his various imperfect creations (such as the corrupted Counter Earth, the God Pack, Count Tagar, Nobilus, even the Man Beast). He always felt sorry for little kids (Jessica Drew anyone?) and went out of his way to help them. HE was definitely too proud and self-defeating at times, but HE was never the kind of guy who committed mass genocide for the fun of it or enjoyed torturing people. Seeing him like this is just depressing, mostly because a complex character has been turned into yet another sadistic eugenics madman, and because it just shows sloppy research on the part of the creative team.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yeek View Post
    I think this "New" High Evolutionary completely ignores the entire history of the character. HE was originally kind of a sweet guy in some ways...sure, he'd try to evolve you against your will, but HE always tried to protect and rehabilitate his various imperfect creations (such as the corrupted Counter Earth, the God Pack, Count Tagar, Nobilus, even the Man Beast). He always felt sorry for little kids (Jessica Drew anyone?) and went out of his way to help them. HE was definitely too proud and self-defeating at times, but HE was never the kind of guy who committed mass genocide for the fun of it or enjoyed torturing people. Seeing him like this is just depressing, mostly because a complex character has been turned into yet another sadistic eugenics madman, and because it just shows sloppy research on the part of the creative team.
    I agree, this feels a lot more like Sinister with a bit of Apocalypse thrown in. Mess around with genetics and if they aren't good enough, waste them.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kwadruple View Post
    I agree, this feels a lot more like Sinister with a bit of Apocalypse thrown in. Mess around with genetics and if they aren't good enough, waste them.
    Actually, this is Kang/Apocalypse Twins behavior, who were written last arc by Remender.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616