Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

On the other hand we have the Wakandan king versus the Atlantean King (Aquaman) at the box office. Marvel is doing this on purpose. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'm happy that the Captain Marvel movie is coming out. But frankly I'm more disappointed with how Inhumans will now come after Infinity War Part 2, with no plans to change IF2's date.
    Yeah, the smart money was on CM and The Inhuman films to bridge the gap between the IW parts with more cosmic/earth connection stuff. This means BB, Medusa and co. will probably be in a standalone story now, one that's not part of the big phase 3 finale; leaving the Captain Marvel film to carry any Infinity War plot lines.

Hey, on the gripping hand, possible Spidey appearance in the Carol movie? The worst date ever could actually make it onscreen now.

[edit: possibly even better - J.Jonah Jameson butting heads with Carol over publishing rights.]
    Last edited by snark^; 02-09-2015 at 11:03 PM.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Four films getting pushed back all kind of sucks. I really hope Civil War is too far along for Black Panther to lose his part in that. It really sucks to see both Black Panther and Captain Marvel pushed back. I thought the November before Infinity War was a good spot for him. This puts him in primetime summer real estate which is nice and it gets him out of competition with the Justice League film (assuming DC stays on schedule). But I was hoping to get it as a 30th birthday present.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    On the other hand we have the Wakandan king versus the Atlantean King (Aquaman) at the box office. Marvel is doing this on purpose. Lol
    Cats and fish have had a long standing rivalry spanning centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It sort of makes sense to have Spider-Man around Civil War though. He might literally be the ONLY superhero in the marvel cinematic universe with a secret identity.
    His role on the issue was way overstated in comics due to his popularity. Why do Stark and Cap need a teen who fights street crime in New York's approval for a law like that. The dirrection the movie was going with trying to gain t'challa's political help was much more logical (personal bias aside). But now they'll probably write T'challa out of that role or diminish it so that ppl can see spiderman crack jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Four films getting pushed back all kind of sucks. I really hope Civil War is too far along for Black Panther to lose his part in that. It really sucks to see both Black Panther and Captain Marvel pushed back. I thought the November before Infinity War was a good spot for him. This puts him in primetime summer real estate which is nice and it gets him out of competition with the Justice League film (assuming DC stays on schedule). But I was hoping to get it as a 30th birthday present.
    Yeah, instead of T'Challa looks like Thor will have to tackle the Justice League all by himself in November. But it's his third time out so he should be fine. We just need more Loki and he'll be ready against anything they can throw at him.

Thor going against Justice League isn't a good thing. Atleast T'challa was fresh and new. Thor THREE vs the very first Justice League may be an issue. The only good thing to come of this for Panther fans really is getting away from that release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Thor going against Justice League isn't a good thing. Atleast T'challa was fresh and new. Thor THREE vs the very first Justice League may be an issue. The only good thing to come of this for Panther fans really is getting away from that release.
    T'Challa was fresh... but also unproven.

With Thor you because it's already proven it can hold it's own at the box office, so they don't necessarily need to worry about it being a flop. Which isnt' to say that's a gurantee that it won't be... but they can probably justifiably assume it'll do about as well as the previous movies.

So I think putting Thor against Justice League is probably safer. But all that said, because these movies aren't opening on the same weekend they're not really directly competing. Odds are the same people going to see one will see the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    His role on the issue was way overstated in comics due to his popularity. Why do Stark and Cap need a teen who fights street crime in New York's approval for a law like that. The dirrection the movie was going with trying to gain t'challa's political help was much more logical (personal bias aside). But now they'll probably write T'challa out of that role or diminish it so that ppl can see spiderman crack jokes.
    Odds are they'll find room for both. Given the nature of this one, they're probably going to try and jam a LOT of people in there. Stark and Steve will likely get the lion's share of that either way, so honestly I don't expect a LOT from the rest.

But really since there's no way we can ever really know how large a role T'Challa would play in the movie with or without Spider-Man there's probably no reason to really dwell on it too much. He's announced as debuting in the movie... unless that changes it's still something to celebrate.

It's the multiple viewings that's the concearn. Opening weekend thor might be fine. But are people going to care the week after. It is the 3rd one and unles ppl are just wanting to blow money then they'll probably see justice league instead of seeing Thor 3 a 2nd or third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    http://marvel.com/news/movies/24065/...es_for_4_films

The movie has been pushed back to November 2018.
    Oh, son of a bitch. Why would they push these movies back? It had damned well better not have anything to do with the Spider-Man thing. If Marvel's first minority-led film and their first female-led film both got bumped in favour of yet another white guy, then that's just bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Oh, son of a bitch. Why would they push these movies back? It had damned well better not have anything to do with the Spider-Man thing. If Marvel's first minority-led film and their first female-led film both got bumped in favour of yet another white guy, then that's just bullshit.
    I'm pretty ticked too. Spiderman is tired.

We we're willing to wait a long while, what's a little bit longer? If anything, this allows Marvel Studios more time to make sure Captain Marvel is the best it can be.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

*sigh* F***ing Spider-Man. Even when he does something right he screws it up for everyone.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

I wish the film wasn't pushed back. We might have recasts by than.
    The J-man